It's about time I post up what I've been working on for the past couple of months.
I created a map called Utapau Attack back when this game first came out and released a few versions here and there but they were riddled with bugs and I never released a nicely polished or final version. I made an attempt back in 2011 but things unfortunately didn't pan out.
So here we are, roughly 10 years later since the release of 1.75 to be succeeded by 2.0
I had to start from scratch and relearn quite abit of the system and tools, but slowly things started to come back to me.
While keeping some of the original layout from the previous version, I've made many improvements to the map pertaining to the side which the CIS team spawns from. The portion of the map layout from which the republic team spawns has remained the same.
UTAT Removed due to too many AI issues and collision
Marine - regular droid
Super Battle Droid - beefed up
Magna Guard - with staff
To Do List:
- Continue set dressing/ lighting map
- Add missing sounds for ATXT, ATTE, Cody, etc
- Update new sink hole mesh
- Update cave ceiling mesh
- Fine tune AI pathing and goals ( as best as the tools will allow me considering map complexity)
- Reskin Republic Units and Vehicles with Utapau camo
- Add glossy textures for REP units
Stretch goals: (may not happen)
- Add new magna guard staff idle sound
- Add new ambient map sounds
- Add new firing sounds for weapons
- Update existing vehicle and weapon explosion particle effects
- Create new utapauian buildings using pre existing textures
- Add normal map textures for vehicles and units
- Add republic cap ship above the sink hole with LAATi ( command posts) and LAATc (carrying ATTEs) ships that fly down to the map using the spline system