Some new clone trooper skins

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

DFYX

Some new clone trooper skins

Post by DFYX »

I just looked at the assets folder to find out what textures are inside it. As soon as I noticed the clone trooper skins, i just HAD to open my graphics program and edit them. This is what I got:

(Click to get the tga versions)
Completely white clone marine:
Nothing special. I just merged 501st and heavy trooper to get rid of the blue stripes.

212th Attack Battalion:
A little more tricky. I don't know if all yellow parts are in the right position. The arms are still completely white since I didn't really know which part of the texture should be yellow.

91st Recon Corps:
I don't know, if I painted the logo correctly, because the only screenshot I had was quite small. And again I don't know if they're in the right position. I also couldn't add a logo to the helmet since it would have been on both sides.

I can't wait to see them ingame but I don't know how to do that. So if someone likes them, just use them in a map, mention me in the credits and send me a screen.

Btw: don't blame me if the scratches on the colored parts look a little strange. My Wacom Volito pad is not working at the moment and so I had to create them with some simple filters.
OGEB1103

RE: Some new clone trooper skins

Post by OGEB1103 »

Well i don't mean to go over your topic but i have my own basic clone skin that peeps might want to see:
this topic could be for displaying your own varioasions of skins?
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

What's the difference?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Ogeb's still has the tinyist bit of blue on the nose area and the stripes on the side
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

According to this picture, OGEB' texture is a bit more realistic than DF', as Episode III Standard Clone Troopers all own gills of ventilation on their helmets' lateral faces...
Angarah

Post by Angarah »

Hey DFYX, which filters did you use to make those scratches? I've been trying to make realistic marks on my coloured parts but nothing seems to make them as realistic as yours.
DaCheat

Well

Post by DaCheat »

I took DFYX's white clone skin and i placed it in the rep and stuff and this is what i got Image
:D :lol:
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2}

RE: Well

Post by stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} »

oh!!can someplease tell me where and how do i skin untis/viechles?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
DFYX

RE: Well

Post by DFYX »

*update* I readded the stripes on the helmet but made them black to match the rest of the skin Again, click on the images to get the TGA version.

@Angarah:
The scratches are a layer mask I created with the charcoal filter and some grunge brushes. You can get it here. Maybe you'll need to rotate a few parts of the mask so the scratches are less symetric.

@DaCheat:
Could you please send me your mod folder?`I still couldn't find out how to get my skins ingame.
DaCheat

Post by DaCheat »

for future referance:
1: Get a skin for a unit
2: Place it in C:\BF2_ModTools\data_??? \Sides\???\msh
3:Change inside the lua in C:\BF2_ModTools\data_???\Common\scripts\??? from SIDE\\???.lvl to dc:\\SIDE\\???.lvl
4: Put the Shell folder from C:\BF2_ModTools\assets\Shell into the Shell folder in C:\BF2_ModTools\data_???\_BUILD, and put the C:\BF2_ModTools\assets\sides\Common folder C:\BF2_ModTools\data_???\Sides then once everything is there you run ModTools Visual Munge from C:\BF2_ModTools\data_???\_BUILD
5: Done play your map!
and i'll post my normal clone thing sides as soon as some one tells me a good file holding download site
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Dont you have to change the name of the tga to whatever unit your using,?!? cause it doesnt seem to work?
Lollilo

Post by Lollilo »

Does someone know where I can get Skins of the sith?

the skins looks good!
Neon

Post by Neon »

You're the worst tutorial writer ever, DaCheat !
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

Make one yourself and we'll se how good that one is! Thatt was rude Neon!
Neon

Post by Neon »

Well If I knew how I had to do it to put new skins in bf2, I would.
Even without all the unclear sentences.
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

Woah! Calm down Neon! DaCheat is trying to help, not offend you in any way(Unless there's a secret code in his tutorial, cursing you, which I highly doubt).

It dosn't matter how awfull he wrote that guide, it's not an invitation for being rude.
Squirrel7Hunter

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

This is actually a post on filefront from busdterkinkade. I just copied and pasted. It works becasue I have done it.

Create a new map, copy the race you want to edit (example: republic) into the sides folder of the new map. Now go to assets/shell and copy all of the folders in it, but not the .req, then paste it in the _Build/shell folder in the newmap you created. Now Copy the “Common” folder from within the mod-tool “assets/sides” directory and place it in the sides folder of your new map, edit the texture, now, go into common > script > newmapname and open the LUA file named newmapnamec_con.lua (for me that was BS1c_con.lua ). Now if you look down the LUA file you will see ReadDataFile("SIDE\\rep.lvl", change this to ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl , then copy 2 .bat files in the side you got, these are: clean.bat and munge.bat , these can be aquired from the _BUILD > Sides > ALL in the newmap you created, then copy the 2 .bat files into the side in the mod tools you are modifying. Finally we munge the your new map (see Jedi Creation doc for more info) we select the new race in the drop down menu on the left, and select the race you edited (mine was rep) you alos have to tick the "common" check box, then munge!

P.S: You can get the race from the assets > sides folder !
P. P.S: The textures are in the msh of your copied side folder.