DANTOOINE: Rebel Dawn

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

DANTOOINE: Rebel Dawn

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Im hoping to release a Dantooine beta map on Monday. I will sometime finish it by modeling some buildings that were in KOTOR ( Jedi Enclave etc) and making it an all KOTOR map ( with new 'old republic' and 'Sith army' sides ) if we can suss out making new animated player models.

The reason I hope to have it out for monday is because I will be leaving SWBF modding again for a while to concentrate on the BF2 mod...... I just had to come back and have a play around with the tools.

Any1 who has played KOTOR will no doubt recognise the environment . It will be mainly an infantry map due to this environment (no flyers .... except for maybe transports ) the map will be quite big (bigger than geonosis anyway) . There will be some vehicles like ATST's ,speederbikes, speeders.

Im basically using this map as a way to get used to the new-look tools. I will try to get as many new models in as I can before my 'deadline' :)

I would have liked to have released some of my clone war maps ,but theyl have to wait for another day.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: DANTOOINE: Rebel Dawn

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Do you wnat my Czerca speeder bike for this map?
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Ooh that would be so awesome.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

it would be nice to have it in .....maybe for the kotor era version in the future.

I aint really got time to sort out new sides ..... plus texturing it will take too long.
dipstick555

Post by dipstick555 »

I aint really got time
LOL, great grammer, my teachers would filp
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Someone should reskin the rebel to look like a Republic soldier. I may give skinning a try, that is if you want a Republic soldier. I just need to find the tga and make my own copy. :s Cant wait for Dantooine for SWBF 2, lord bandu, any testing also then just PM me. ;) Or talk to me on MSN when you are on. Is it possible to add thousands of bots to a map also, by any chance? You should make a huge battle for Dantooine in the Clone Wars also, would be cool. Reskin Mace Windu to look like his Clone Wars robes in SWCW and make a couple of hills/plains, and put a river in the middle, and make the River the middle point. That'd be so awesome, L.B. Well, I hope you have good luck. Oh and when you get Geo: Arena working on and need a tester for that, I so want to be a tester lol
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Bandu', if you know how to integrate custom sound-tracks in your own Star Wars Battlefront II maps, then maybe you should use this KotOR II audio-file ? :wink:
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Thanks Lev.

Since you gave me this music I have made a small little teaser of the map ...even tho its FAR from finished. Iv got tonsilitis and have been really rough the past 5 or so days so I still aint got the 'strength' to continue modding yet (we all know it can get stressful sometimes :P ).

When I do get better I will continue with the Rattatak Arena which im doing with Vyse , then I'l get Dantooine released in whatever form I can before I go back to the battlefield 2 mod im in.

Heres the vid http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=7472836 . its only 6 mb
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

WOW! Lookin' awesome, Bandu.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Thanks .

Theres still plenty to do.

At the mo' id say its about 30-40 % done . Theres quite a few models to be made like bridges , waterfalls , ruins , the crystal cave etc . Plus the height of the map is all the same and theres a lack of water.

Also im tryin my hardest to find a decent Dantooine-esque grass in the tools but theyre all too 'bunchy' . Im probably gonna have to make my own grass to have it spaced out like in KOTOR (altho most probably more sparse to reduce lag)

Stuff in the sky would be nice aswell :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Oooh oooh, I maybe sounding greedy....but may I be a tester for your maps? I mean for suggestions/feedback. :oops: You don't have to let me in. Just saying...

Sorry, I just love your maps to death!
Vyse
General
General
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Vyse »

Looking Good Bandu! :) The models look just like the KOTOR models.
Lord-Bandu

Re: RE: DANTOOINE: Rebel Dawn

Post by Lord-Bandu »

RevanSithLord wrote:Oooh oooh, I maybe sounding greedy....but may I be a tester for your maps? I mean for suggestions/feedback. :oops: You don't have to let me in. Just saying...

Sorry, I just love your maps to death!

Your already a tester for my maps arnt you? :D
Unknown

Post by Unknown »

that map looks very very nice. I think its really cool when people put new objects into their maps and those trees look just as good as the trees in the shipped maps, or are those trees in one of the maps and im just being dull?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I 'grew' the trees myself :P
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Oh ya bandu. Thanks. Lol. :oops: It's been so long lol. I guess Im brainfried?? :lol:

Ya. If ya need me, I'll be practically on 24/7 next week, and this week only thursday, and friday I'll be at school. 8:15-2:45, and then I'll so totally help you with feedback and suggestions where possible. Ya gotta know I just absolutely love your maps man. :P Though, I haven't seen what your Geo Arena map looked like yet. Hehe. Hmm, you oughta make a more accurate version of Utapau. :P Sorry, I've just gotten into a more....212th Attack Battalion mood lately! :lol:
Last edited by RevanSithLord on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Geo: Arena pwns :O Bandu, will i be able to test?
BTW, I miss you, we haven't talked in like forever :'(
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Whoa. That looks great Bandu! I'm looking forward to the release! :)
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Cheers.

JLL im sure i can let you test :)

Geo Arena will most likely turn into a joint map with L5R ,with L5R doing the interior. That is if he hopefully gets his ZE sorted.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Looks great bandu!

can we have somre more footage on the enclave? (if it exists)