Battle on Saleucami

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

RE: Battle on Saleucami

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Mazda , Just remake your map.

Sh1t happens ....

All part of the learning curve really .... you should munge and test your map regulary . Also do all your height mapping and object placing in the BASE layer ... so that if you choose to add another mode to your map you can just add a layer for it (eg. your flags and CTF CP's)

Also if your about 1/4 of the way thro your map and it worked on the last munge .... make a copy of your World1 folder and keep it safe ..... do the same when your about 1/2 way and so on.

Destroy your SAL lvl and make a new one .

You obviously want to make a map so as insentive to start again i'll give you a couple of my Saleacami models I made for a map I was gonna do .

Just let me know and i'l send em ya. They are 3 different types of tree's from the movie ( big bulb things , palm tree's and a weird little white leaved stubby type palm tree ) I might have a few other things but they probably didnt get finished
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Alright, thank you very much for your help. I didn't think there was anything else to do other than do it all over again.

I'll just cross my fingers enough to be able to release a working version. I will give you credit for your models, Lord Bandu, thank you.

My Xfire is "hellknightmazda".
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

ok added ya
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Thanks for your help, Bandu. I've already begun construction on a new map. I'm just having problems inside the Great Spire. The War Room is necessary for the Spire to function, but I'm having a hard time placing it inside. There are 4 doorways in the War Room but I can't figure out which one goes to the hangar so I can place it correctly. Without the Hangar, there are no walls or a roof.

BTW, I've already created quite a bit of the map, and everything works perfectly so far;)
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I'l send you the stuff tommorow ...... theres a few extra things i found like custom ground textures and a sky tga ..... aswell as a kind of Seperatist bunker.

I never got round to finishing some of these things .... some dont have shadowvolumes (meanin they wont cast a shadow) , the tall palm tree and 1 of the smaller bulb plants dont have collisions but you can let the munge build 1 for you . The bunker has a couple of texture glitches in ( abit doesnt line up properly) but their still worth using cos it'l make your map more like the movie so you wont have to use loads of spires since you have these bulb plants etc...

I'l talk to you more about them when you get on xfire tommorow.

I will release these things to the public when i finish them. I dont really want a load of non finished models going around the community
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Sounds great, despite the problems, I cant wait to play. Mazda, hope you get around everything good. The community needed a Saleucami badly..dunno why, guess everyone's greedy. :P Anyway, nice. If you happen to have the time, maybe some screenshots of what it looks like so far? Ya, keep it up. :)
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

oooo, i'm gonna do a saleucami map but yours will probabily be out before mine as i'm doing like a gizzilion maps as well and mine will have new vehicles and sides too(as will all my other maps) is there any chance i could have your stass assie when you've finished her?
thanks in advance
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Screenshots in a day or two. I can see how much better it is to use multiple layers than have everything in one "conquest" layer. Just one question: A boundary isn't really necessary, is it? If I do use one, it will severely limit my map.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

boundaries arnt neccessary , no :)
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

"Activate ray shields!"

:D
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Hmm some things that should be in the map if you choose
-if you can try and make the geonosian stuff greyishblue if possible
-try the Kashyyyk skydome in the final you could try and make your own sky thats just like in the movies
-when your adding the gunships use teh bf1 verisien because you can hover in that one and you can stand in it
and the map sounds really fun can't wait to dl it...good job :)
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Hmm, how would I use the BFI version?