Announcing: Space Geonosis --- Opensource

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Announcing: Space Geonosis --- Opensource

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, so it took me all of a half hour to start a Space Geonosis map. Ep II vehicles, Ep II clones, Geonosis sky, etc. I'm going to spend a day or two more on it, then release it with the source folder too so that others can edit/finish it. I did it mostly as a test.
Last edited by Teancum on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jango_Fett_A
Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

RE: Announching: Space Geonosis --- Opensource

Post by Jango_Fett_A »

Alright Teancum!!! Awesome stuff :D I look forward to seeing the complete version. Could you post a pic of the background you're using?

Thanks
~Jango
chubby

Post by chubby »

Remember to add lots of asteroids. But not so many that the bots crash into them.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I probably won't add asteroids if it takes more than a few minutes. Like I said, it's just a test, but that's why I'm leaving it opensource.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Screenshots:

As you can see, a lot is done, but I need to figure out why the ship HUDs aren't showing up correctly (upper right corner of screen). The Republic has Ep II Clones and the Delta 7 (BF1) Jedifigher replaced the Jedi Interceptor (Ep III). CIS has the Geonosian fighter - which replaces the Trifighter, the Ep I Droidfighter replaces the normal Droidfighter (Ep III), and the MAF replaces the Droid Gunship.

Post by Guest »

Teancum
Can you create Acclamator ships with landing area, auto-turrets, crusier`s interiors, engines, shield healthbar etc. ?
And can you create droid control ship? with landing areas bala bla?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ JK514 -- I won't, but I am releasing the project folder to this map, so anyone can add to it however they would like to.

Post by Guest »

Teancum wrote:

As you can see, a lot is done, but I need to figure out why the ship HUDs aren't showing up correctly (upper right corner of screen). The Republic has Ep II Clones and the Delta 7 (BF1) Jedifigher replaced the Jedi Interceptor (Ep III). CIS has the Geonosian fighter - which replaces the Trifighter, the Ep I Droidfighter replaces the normal Droidfighter (Ep III), and the MAF replaces the Droid Gunship.
Fighters - yes
Gubship- yes
Interceptors - yes
But bomber class (V-Ving and p38)? Will you add ummm.another bobmer. For example - Delta 7 with bobmer-class` wearons and tri-bomber?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

No.... This was only a test. I am releasing it just like this. If there are new Attack of the Clones ships made, then I will add them.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

hey why r there two cps each did u put in two capital ships ??
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

The CPs are automatically there. They are set up when you do a new space map.

I'm working on getting a place to upload this map. I noticed someone had a droid control ship model. I'm going to see if I can use it for future versions. Hopefully Sunday I'll be able to upload it.

Post by Guest »

Teancum
wow..can`t wait. :)

Offtopic... Can you say me about max players each side?
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Well, i took a look at the Wookieepedia, and found some pre-clone-wars-starfighters of the Republic...

1.CloakShape Fighter
possibly an ordinary Starfighter

2.Z-95
can take the place of the ARC-170

3.Kuat Republic Fighter
Not sure, I think this starfighter's too old.

4.Cord Class Starfighter
Would be the perfect Ordinary Fighter, but *sigh* no picture - can any one who was got "Crossfire" make a scan ?

5.Dianoga Class Starfighter
Image´
The perfect Bomber.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

The Cloakshape was considered a pirate ship, and though the Z-95 was around in the pre-clone times, it was best known for use in the Rebellion.

If someone wants to model the other two, I'll put them in-game.

Post by Guest »

JK514 wrote:Teancum
wow..can`t wait. :)

Offtopic... Can you say me about max players each side?
answer plz
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Whatever the map is set to by default is how many players on each side.

*I'm quitting this project, as I don't have time to waste on it. I will release the map as it is right now when I have time.

Post by Guest »

Teancum
ummm... Can you release beta-version today or tomorrow?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

No, sorry. I am have a very busy weekend. It will be a week at minimum. I may never release it. I don't know. It was only a test.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Hmm... I'd be willing to finish what's already been started. Doesn't look like it requires much more work than what's already in there. Though, I can think of a few things that might be of use in the map. I'll see what I can do if you can find the time to release it.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Dude, I just cant wait til I can fly that Bad boy Delta-7 in space. :D I've got an idea about doing a space map where the Republic fightersare all replaced by these- All firing blue, and fire missles like the Tri-fighter does. And technically, in SWBF 2 they got the Tri-fighter and Droid Starfighter (Vulture droid if you will) back wards on their secondary fire. I see close on my high detailed Tri-fighter that it only has two missles, and in the movie the Vulture droid fired those other ones that flew through a cloud and got disabled by buzzdroids, then the buzzies attacked Obi-wans ETA-2 Actis Interceptor.

I love being so...observant of these things. And technically, the Delta 7 should fire blue, and the Interceptor should fire green like in ROTS. But actually the delta 7 fire is to still be determined. But in most games it fired blue, so if anyone can do that too. Im just saying. Sorry to go way off topic with...er... all this. Lol. If only they had the slave one in, though. :O