space death star 1

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

11of3

space death star 1

Post by 11of3 »

this map is in its very early stages,but I am very pleased with the way it is going so here are a couple of pics for your enjoyment
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

RE: space death star 1

Post by RevanSithLord »

OOOH!! :D
Trans

Post by Trans »

Have fun placing all of those turrets ;)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Whoa... nice. I was originally planning to do this eventually, but man. This is cool.

I can help you out, if you'd like. I'm wondering if it's possible to make the units actually spawn as their fighters, already starting out in space. That'd eliminate any need for capital ships, especially since there weren't any in the Battle of Yavin.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

I believe that would be impossible. Units just cannot spawn as fighters.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

We don't know that for sure. I think it's possible. In fact, I know it's possible. We just need to figure out how to do it.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Hmm, I remember reading some of Pandemic's mod tool guides. It stated that units must spawn on solid ground.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Well as i see it the units do spawn on solid ground, u see the ships in the corner on the right, but maybe if u do something with space that is automaticly.
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

I suppose I had better announce then that I have started working on this one aswell....LOL! I am sure that one will compliment the other though!

I will show you some screens shots of my progress in another thread. I am at the modelling stage at the moment, working as a passionate original Ep4 fan! :wink:

Regards! (GL..BTW!)

Post by Guest »

11of3
Tell more about decors...I mean DS-decoration, Yavin, Yavin IV. will you add this decors?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Please dont use the skies with nebulas in them.
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

Thanks for all the interest.This map has come from playing around with the tools.Once I have worked out how to edit the sky files,I will try to get the space more star wars like.Also this map only has one capital ship.The ties spawn from a hanger on the surface and the ships in play are x wing,y wing and tie fighter.No gunships,a wings or shuttles........
more to come..........
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Just as it should be. X-Wings, Y-Wings, and TIEs. Simple, yet true to the movies. Now, it is unfortunate we can't have the units just spawn inside their ships in space, since having the Mon Cal floating around will just be... strange. But it's better than nothing, I suppose. Now, having the Imps spawn on the surface in a hanger, is actually a pretty good idea. I thought about it, but that still doesn't solve the Rebel spawn problem. There's got to be something we can do...

But, if I may, I might recommend adding some deflection towers. Like, have about three deflection towers, and when you destroy them, the shields around the exhaust port will go down. That would balance it a bit more. And, of course, many more turrets, fighters, etc. But, yeah. Pretty good work so far.
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

I have been playing around with the map,and things are going well.Here`s a couple of new pics.Lord-bandu,hope you like the new background!
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Very nice. I recommend putting Yavin in the backround. The sky dome object from the shipped Yavin map would do very nicely. The one on the Yavin: Temple map.

Also, I think you should increase the view distance just a tad. It'd look a little better, since right now the ground is semi-transparent at a distance. Increasing the map's NearSceneRange and FarSceneRange should do the trick.

And, have you added an exhaust port yet? I can't really see too clearly, but if not, I can see if I can whip up a little sumthin'-sumthin' and make you an ODF and MSH pack to use. I'll try to see if there's anything in the shipped assets already that looks similar to the exhaust port. I think I can also edit the ODF so destroying the port will trigger an instant win for the Rebellion. Just let me know.
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

thanks I really struggle getting those near and far settings right,could you give me some numbers to try,also I really want to get yavin in the background but have not found it yet-been looking in the space files.could you give me the lines to enter into the sky file to get this to work and if you could find an object in the shipped worlds that could be used again let me know and I will try it.Just to give you an idea of the way my mind works,for my ill fated bf1 death star 2 map,the reactor was a re skined ion canon turned upside down,don`t knock it,it worked.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Alright, first off, to get the Yavin planet in the backround, you'll need to take the three files contained in this zip file, and put them into your world1 folder. Then, in your sky file, you'll need to add these lines:

Code: Select all

Geometry("yav_sky_planet");
	}
	DomeModel()
	{	
If that doesn't work, let me know. But it should work.

As for the NearSceneRange and FarSceneRange, I'll need to take a look at the sky file you have now, so I can get an estimate of what you'll need to change it to. Just give me the lines in your sky file.

And lastly, I'll try to find an object as close to the exhaust port as I can. I'm no modellor myself, but I can try my best to find an object close enough to the real thing. I'm sure there's something in there that'll work.
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

thanks schizo,thats worked a treat
this is the current near and far settings in the sky file.
NearSceneRange(1000.0, 1100.0, 5000.0, 1100.0);
FarSceneRange(3000.000000, 12000.0);

what do you think I should change the settings too?

Post by Guest »

11of3
Cool screen... what with Yavin IV decoration?
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Hmm... 11of3, I think you should maybe change the NearSceneRange/FarSceneRange to this:

NearSceneRange(3000.0, 3100.0, 7000.0, 3100.0);
FarSceneRange(5000.000000, 14000.0);

In increased all the integers by about 2000, so it should do the trick. But if it doesn't, let me know. I'll try to see what I can do.

The Yavin backround looks really cool, by the way. Glad I could help.