Death Star 1 (my version)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Skrinl

Death Star 1 (my version)

Post by Skrinl »

Hi I thought I ought to announce what I have started working on, seeing as there is another Death Star 1 in progress.

I am currently going at great lengths in my spare time to create high resulotion models in order to create nice maps for the level. I know that obviosly I will be looking for an optimised (low polly) terrain/model for the actual game engine, but I still wanted to create as much realism in my mapping as I could.

This is my first mod map here, I love modelling and work in the animation field. I think this forum is a great idea and hope to use it to create cool map(s).

here is my max models. after a couple of evenings work....

RE: Death Star 1 (my version)

Post by Guest »

Wow! good idea, mr.
Schizo

RE: Death Star 1 (my version)

Post by Schizo »

Nice. Very nice. They'd be perfect for the Death Star's surface. Actually, they could be useful in other projects too, not just the Death Star. I can think of quite a few places that could use the models.

Actually, I was planning on doing a Fondor shipyards map, but I don't know anything about modelling. Maybe you could help me out? Contact me if you're interested; I could use some cool little building pieces and scaffolding and stuff for the map. I'd just need a dedicated modelling partner to help me out. It might be hard though. But hey, I might as well ask.

Keep up the good work anyway. You're doing a great job.
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

I will be happy to help you out. Might have to pick your brains when it comes to setting up this mod as it is my first one! :P I enjoy modelling, so just let me know what you are after!

I'll send my msn address in a PM.....I am on there during the day but usually very busy...best to contact me in the evenings!

Regards!
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

dang, that looks amazing! :shock:
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Looks very good . You'l have to optimize it alot tho :D .... i guess you know that
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

His probebly gona do normal mapping, you know render those as textures then apply it to lower poly versions.
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

(sorted)
Last edited by Skrinl on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Wow man nice job ::thumbs up::
looks really fun!
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

I was just wondering if the game supports displacement naps aswell as normal maps?
Krun

Post by Krun »

Skrinl,
I was wondering what the polys were on that model?

Edit:
Nice and interesting detail by the way :)
Last edited by Krun on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Raingod wrote:His probebly gona do normal mapping, you know render those as textures then apply it to lower poly versions.

oh yea oops .... just scanned ..

im too ill to read proper :P
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

Krun wrote:Skrinl,
I was wondering what the polys were on that model?

Edit:
Nice and interesting detail by the way :)
in those two views above combined.....351300...... :P
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

Okay guys I am having real trouble trying to export the meshes and premade textures / maps from softimage into the game.....any helpers and pointers will be really helpful.

Also I am a total noob at scripting this, I read through the documents but seem none the wiser...please help me.... :?
Krun

Post by Krun »

Skrinl,
I would recommend you visit psychoFred's forum he's one of the devs for the game and he has posted a great deal of information there.
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_forum.asp
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

wow thanks...I didn't know about this one! :)
Skrinl

Post by Skrinl »

Well, it looks like that I may not have the time to work out all the scripting for this map....so I guess, unless anyone is willing to give me a hand in producing it, I may well be not doing it, unfortunately. :(