Testing: MagnaStaff

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Yea. And ok Bandu, no problem. Was just asking. :p Hehe. The model of the staff is great, but also for some wierd reason it doesn't feel....right...

The effect is good...really.. but hmm... you get what Im sayin?
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Bobafett16 wrote:
Kyross wrote:Your NEW msn? No wonder I haven't seen you on in so long. :<
lol i was wondering why i had not seen you on in a While :P
nice staff bandu! :)
same here. lol
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Kyross wrote:Kinda what I'm trying Schizo. I am thinking I can specify in the odf an effect like explosions and such use but calling the smallest emp effect I can and applying it to the blade, my concerns are that I may not be able to confine it to the blade. Worst comes to worst I will have to make a new effect.

That is what I tried for almost a week... problem with it is the force lightning is an Ordinance effect, and the staff only electrifies when you swing it... looks nice while you are attacking, but when you are just running around it has no effect...

~OOM-9
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

RevanSithLord wrote:Yea. And ok Bandu, no problem. Was just asking. :p Hehe. The model of the staff is great, but also for some wierd reason it doesn't feel....right...

The effect is good...really.. but hmm... you get what Im sayin?
no not really lol
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

OOM-9 wrote:
Kyross wrote:Kinda what I'm trying Schizo. I am thinking I can specify in the odf an effect like explosions and such use but calling the smallest emp effect I can and applying it to the blade, my concerns are that I may not be able to confine it to the blade. Worst comes to worst I will have to make a new effect.

That is what I tried for almost a week... problem with it is the force lightning is an Ordinance effect, and the staff only electrifies when you swing it... looks nice while you are attacking, but when you are just running around it has no effect...

~OOM-9
Was trying that in BF 1 for Saturn's Staff. Mever got it working. Maybe we'll need to make a new .fx that has the electrice fx running on full time.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Oh...I see... hmm.... :lol:

Ok Bandu, cough up the map. LOL j/k

:P
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

hey Bandu, you know you said you had export problems and it seems to come out of your neck if you walk with it...

I looked at it a bit more closely... seems like it is using the rifle animation is the problem...

when I use the Magna's force jump and try to do the little trirrly flip to the right only the legs do the twirl, the top of the body stays as if it was a rifleman hopping.

I searched for an AnimationBank = "xxxx" but there seems to be no animation bank we can throw on... the thing is acting like a rifle, but it has an attack combo set, and that is why it swings and such when you attack...

So there must be a spacific way to export melee weapons or some animation bank we can use that I can't find...

~OOM-9
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Oh , I sorted all that a while ago
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

then do you have fixed version of the staff?

The lightsabre is obviously a texture cause you implamented it onto the end of your staff, so I have been trying different things but to no avail...

~OOM-9
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

im gonna tweak the model then it'll be done
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

10-4
Assasin_Clone

Post by Assasin_Clone »

Hey bandu, do you have a release date of this guy? Thanks, assasin_clone
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Since im concentrating on the Rattatak arena model , tweaking the staff will be left till the map is done. I will then upload my Magnaguard (along with staff) straight after uploading Rattatak Arena.

We (me and Vyse) hope to have Rattatak Arena released within a couple of days ........if we get enough cool force powers from the great Gametoast community ;)