Alderaan is currently in progress...

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schizo

Alderaan is currently in progress...

Post by Schizo »

I decided to bring back the classic, original look of the new map, with a bunch of tweaks and changes. The basic design of the map is the same, but it's very different from its BF1 counterpart.

Sides are done, setup is done, all that's left is actually building the map, which I saved for last. Right now it's in extreme alpha stages.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Looking good! :wink:

I'll be looking forward to this conversion.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

looking great!
-(DW)-Arc9[E]

Post by -(DW)-Arc9[E] »

Looking great-but its ABRIDON not ALDERAN!! take note of that not mess up ;)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

It's Alderaan.
-(DW)-Arc9[E]

Post by -(DW)-Arc9[E] »

There was another map for BF1 taht looked exatcly like that called ABRIDON:CITY. Abridon is a planet that closely involves the galactic civil war,
and one faitfull string of days resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of abridonians.
Alderaan is a lush,peacefull planet that banned weapons as a result of the clone wars,and the planets final fate was sealed when the death star hyperspaced
to the planet,and unleashed the superlaser causing the deaths of MILLIONS of innocent people from,and not from alderaan!
Trans

Post by Trans »

Yes, Abridion City (by Rends) and Schizo's Alderaan look similiar, but that is because they are both using the Bespin buildings.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

lookin great! :D
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Yeah, at the time I was making the original map for BF1, there was no Ep. III Alderaan scene for reference, so I used this pic for reference instead. It was all we really had of Alderaan at the time, and I think I captured it pretty well in the original map. Then, once Ep. III came out, it pretty much changed the look of Alderaan from a clean, sweeping city with buildings similar in style to Kamino or Bespin, to a lush world like Naboo. While I'm not denying that the Ep. III Alderaan didn't look good, I still like the old look better, with the nice smooth buildings. That's why it looks similar to Abridon, because both me and Rends used the Bespin buildings. But this map is completely different than his map. His map had forests and rivers and such, whereas this one takes place in the heart of the city with more urbanized fighting and stuff. It still looks good, if you ask me.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, I made unbelievably quick progress on this map (must be from those two other times I've already done this :P), and it's basically done. The map is a fairly big size, and is pretty good looking to. The units are finished, CPs in place, and from what I can see, everything working correctly. Expect a beta soon. Probably tomorrow, if I have the time.
-(DW)-Arc9[E]

Post by -(DW)-Arc9[E] »

hey i have some clone wars skins! If you want em just tell me their in TGA format!
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Jawa_Killer »

alderaan is rounder and has no edges!!
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well I can't model, so this is the best I can do. Too bad.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Bit of a rude comment from Jawa, just ignore those, Schizo. Good luck in finishing your map. I will download it as soon as you release it.

May the Force be with you.
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

screens look great! can't wait to try it out and keep up the great work! :)
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

good work my friend

Post by Guest »

Cool map... :)

Schizo
add dome Laats plz
forresal

Post by forresal »

Schizo: your BF1 version was great and a lot of fun.
Really looking forward to this one for BF2!!
Thanks for all your work!!