Announcing - Kamino: Tipoca City (conversion from BF1)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Announcing - Kamino: Tipoca City (conversion from BF1)

Post by Teancum »

Yeah -- so I was DJ'ing (I own a DJ business) last night and did 85% of the work on it while DJ'ing. Here's where we're at:

Gametypes:
-Conquest (same as original)
-2-Flag CTF (in, but untested)
-1-Flag CTF (in, but untested)
-Hero Assault (they seem to work better than on Bespin: Platforms for some reason)
-Hunt (Episode III clones vs Episode II clones -- kinda like the story mode Kamino in BF2)
-XL

Heroes: PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT ask for Obi-Wan and Jango as heroes. They are heroes in the Kamino level that came with the game
-Republic: A'sharad Hett
-CIS: currently Darth Maul -- *might* change it to Count Dooku, but probably not

New Hero Assault Characters:
-A'sharad Hett
-Plo Koon
-Yun
-IG-88

Still to do before release
-Tweak sound regions (but the work :D since it uses the BF2 Kamino's sounds)
-Test both CTF modes
-Finish adding the new characters to Hero Assault
-Fix a [null] bug in Hunt mode
-Thuroughly test all gametypes
Akaia

RE: Announcing - Kamino: Tipoca City (conversion from BF1)

Post by Akaia »

Excellent, that map was great on BF1 and now we get it for BF2!
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

You could do a made up jedi for this map. Made up as in custom maded, named Sifo-Dyas for the hero for the republic maybe?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

A'sharad Hett is a custom Jedi. He's a Tusken jedi from some Clone Wars era comics.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

I could probably make an EP2 Anakin from the standard jedi model if you really wanted it, but it would depend if I had the time. If someone would post a clear pic of the standard white jedi with black hair it would make my job a lot easier, the skin map is really confusing everything looks the same. I have done the head and upper torso, so the quicker I get a pic of that Jedi (Front and Back if possible) then the quicker I will be.
Last edited by Alex533 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Honestly, I would LOVE an Episode II Anakin. I have big plans for such a skin.
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

I was justing saying since that name had something to do with the clones thats all..
-(DW)-Arc9[E]

Post by -(DW)-Arc9[E] »

The BF1 one sucked,mostly cuz their were no fighter or anything and it showed some in the background movie in IA and in the CW campaign
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

The tusken Jedi has a green lightsaber right? This sounds good Tean'. Though I'm not crazy about having the old Kamino, all the new content you're adding makes it worth the download. I have some questions...

-will A'sharad have a new skin
-could the CIS hero be IG-88 since Darth Maul is used in so many maps already
-what will be in hunt mode

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this one!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Announcing - Kamino: Tipoca City (conversion from BF1)

Post by Teancum »

Teancum wrote: Gametypes:
-Conquest (same as original)
-2-Flag CTF (in, but untested)
-1-Flag CTF (in, but untested)
-Hero Assault (they seem to work better than on Bespin: Platforms for some reason)
-Hunt (Episode III clones vs Episode II clones -- kinda like the story mode Kamino in BF2)
-XL
As far as A'Sharad Hett's lightsaber being green --- the only pics I've ever seen of him he had a red one, and I ain't doin' that. I had it blue, but I suppose it could be green, or reddish-purple I suppose to be closer to the pics I've seen. As far as the skin goes, he's just a standard Tusken. It was the best I could do with what I had.

As far as IG-88 being the CIS hero.... I dunno. I suppose we could do that. Was he around during the Clone Wars? I don't know much about him. I suppose the IG-Lancer droids were in the Clone Wars cartoons, so an 88 series might be around shortly therafter.
ethannet

RE: Re: Announcing - Kamino: Tipoca City (conversion from BF

Post by ethannet »

Sweet, but hunt would would be better if it was the Empire vs Ep. 2 Clones, atleast in my opinion. Other than that, this seems promising :D .
TAW_MangaLord

Post by TAW_MangaLord »

Yup, IG-88 was around, though he was not alone.
As you might know , Magnaguards are IG-100's, the next version, and since the CIS were looking for something the older IG-88 could do, they handed most of 'em over to good ol' Durge, who used 'em as lancer droids.
Some IG-88's survived the clone wars, and started bounty hunting, pretending to be the same IG-88 (there were 3 if I'm not mistaking, 2 of 'em got killed by Boba, the third was implemented in the Death star).

Sounds cool, not THAT exctited about the map itself, just wanna give Plo Koon a go :)
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

That hunt mode between clones looks really Nice !!! Can't wait for it !
PaganJedi

Post by PaganJedi »

I would so love to see Shaak Ti in a Kamino.
She was the one actually in charge of the defense of Tipoca City when the CIS invaded Kamino during the War.

That said, a Tusken with a lightsaber is pretty darn cool. :D
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I would so love to see Shaak Ti in a Kamino.
She was the one actually in charge of the defense of Tipoca City when the CIS invaded Kamino during the War.

Me too. She's one of my favorite Jedi plus the fact that she was on Kamino. But I'll settle for A'Sharad.

Sorry Tean', I missed the part about Hunt. I just saw it on the bug list. I too have not seen any pics of A'Sharad in clothing other than the Tusken kind, but I think it'd be cool if you could maybe make his robes a darker brown. You know, just to make him more unique. Only a suggestion though.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, I'd love to see Shaak Ti as well. I wish we had more modelers in the community, but alas the three big names all have big projects of their own, so I doubt we'll get her anytime soon if at all.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Just to clear things up, I think the tusken jedi had two sabers. Both of em are red.
badass7

Post by badass7 »

I checked the clone wars volume 3 graphic novel, and the Tusken Jedi Knight has two lightsabers, both of which are green.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

When Outlander was written it was after tpm. Sharad hett had one red saber. When he died he gave it to his son, A'sharad who wielded it along with his own blade, also red. After attack of the clones in republic 59, a'sharad wielded 2 green sabers.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

That's so confusing XD...