Map Announcement: Snowy Valley Battle

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

DakkerDB

Map Announcement: Snowy Valley Battle

Post by DakkerDB »

Features:
- Jedi vs Clones: Order 66 style gameplay.
- Massive battle. There will be about 90 clones and 50 jedi on the field at the same time. The clones will have a reinforcement count of 350 and the jedi will have one of 200.
- The jedi will have clone commandos to help them.
- Custom hero for the jedi. Featuring small skin modification and combo modification.
- You need points to unlock the commandos and a stronger jedi unit. 12 for the commandos and 25 for the jedi.
- The clones have an AT-TE to aid them. It takes a VERY long time to respawn, so try not to lose it too quickly.
- Imperial recolor for the AT-TE and the Forward Command Center. I just replaced the red in the skins with gray.

Currently working on:
- Need commandos. Currently have modified EP2 marine as placeholder.
- Need something interesting for clone hero. Current placeholder is cloaked Anakin.
- Might need to change a few skins.
- Various junk.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image

This is my first SWBF II map. More like, my first mod map ever. A lot of things were new for me like skinning, unit modification and map making.

Beta release will probably come today! If I can somehow upload it somewhere. <.<
Last edited by DakkerDB on Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Map Announcement: Snowy Valley Battle

Post by Teancum »

Very cool stuff, Dakker! Looks like you've definitely got the hang of things.
forresal

RE: Map Announcement: Snowy Valley Battle

Post by forresal »

I must echo Teancum: you're map looks very cool! Looking forward to reviewing your progress!!
I should also say that as first time map maker myself, I am jealous!!
:)

Keep up the good work!!
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

This is going to be great! :wink:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Another thing you could do, just replace all the clones with Galactic Marine type guys. But it can sort of indicate a different legion by like different colors or something. :p I dunno... lol Someone could make the ATTE sort of look like the one out of the Ziost O66- BF1 map. :p
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

OFF-TOPIC Ziost 66? I never seen it.

ON-TOPIC I cant wait to try this map out.... keep up the good work.
Jango_Fett_A
Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Jango_Fett_A »

Ziost: order 66 was an awesome map, similar to this map. I agree with Revan, galactic marines would make the map more accurate.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

I've made a small update to the map. I just reskinned the Forward Command Center and the AT-TE a bit. Made the red parts gray, to make it look less Republic and more Imperial. Will look into the Galactic Marines thing. I'm trying to have the Imperials be the 501st, the quite elite guys.

A side note about gameplay. It is very easy to just jump into the AT-TE and just kill jedi. But it is a bit hard to win as the jedi. Might try and balance it a bit more somehow.

Speaking of the AT-TE... I went ahead and changed the color of the turret cannon blast from yellow to blue. Dunno why it was yellow to begin with. But the change itself is hard to see on this map, what with the white snow everywhere.

Edit: I tried to resking the galactic marine blue and then replace everyone with such a skin... didn't feel right.

It just looks better with ordinary clones. And feels kinda more in place.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Small bump and also a note telling you people that a beta version will come out tomorrow.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

I hate to post so many times in a row, but I need to announce that the map is released and I wish for this topic to be locked.