Announcing Ep.3 Utapau XL CONQUEST

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

[Matt_Man]

RE: 1st post here.

Post by [Matt_Man] »

He said he is
yoda_does_yoga

RE: 1st post here.

Post by yoda_does_yoga »

No talk for 2 days now... Any news???
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Im tinkering with the CAP ship thing in Utapau...but the size is a problem. They more or less block the entire sky out from the sinkhole...and if not placed a certain way...you have a clear view outside the world from the hangers.

Still exploring options there.
Foo4Everlong

Re: RE: 1st post here.

Post by Foo4Everlong »

yoda_does_yoga wrote:No talk for 2 days now... Any news???
Stager00 has now completed Geonosis XL (Episode 2), so his time is now freed up so he can now concentrate on this, the mother of all Battlefront II maps. I don't think I need to explain how excited I am for this map, as they are all in my previous posts. At this point, I would play what he has right now after seeing the screenshots for this map. It looks that amazing! Forget the final release, I'll take it as is right now. It's THAT good. Whatever comes after the original release is icing on the cake. Stager00 is so talented it's ridiculous. Later
eRAGONE

Post by eRAGONE »

Stager00, if you take suggestions, I have one. Could you make the side turrets on the LAATs fire anti-infantry beams? just like the ones found on the LAATs in Mygeeto, Utapau, and the Kamino maps in Rise of the Empire. Its better to have the anti-infantry blasts on the side turrets, and leave the straight beams on the wing turrets.
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jangoisbaddest »

i fugured that would be a problem (being able to see the terrain above and all), but why not jazz the surface up a bit? Nothing big, just a few hills, some eye candy - u kno. The surface of Utapau is pretty barren anyway, and the boundary can just keep you close to the sinkhole (maybe you could even make more sinkholes in the distance, just don't put any buildings in it).
eRAGONE

Post by eRAGONE »

Any news/updates on this map?
yoda_does_yoga

Post by yoda_does_yoga »

yeah it's gone very quiet...
RєÅpér

Post by RєÅpér »

yea i wonna see some screenies .

it has been to quiet
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

UGH. Cant believe I have to post this twice today.
Syth
General
General

Post by Syth »

Eh Stager I hope you plan on geting a hold on some 212th attack battalion skins for the clones on your map. :o
Foo4Everlong

Post by Foo4Everlong »

Stager00, I know that you are probably kicking back fom your very hard at work Geonosis XL, and let's just all say that you deserve it! It's nice to see someone start something and actually follow it through til the end. You put in a lot of work with Geonosis XL and I just want you to know that it was greatly appreciated. It for sure did not go unnoticed.

Anyways, I know myself as well as others were excited to know how close you are to possibly releasing "Utapau XL????" It looks awesome already just through the few screenshots that I have seen. You really do amazing work. This thread has kinda run a little dry, so I know, as well as others I'm sure, were hoping to get a little update on what is going on. Even if it's to tell us you haven't done much with it, as long as you can tell us know that you are still alive; we'll be happy! LOL! Thanks again. Look forward to hearing the news. Thanks. Later
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Hi there.

Last few weeks have been super-busy...both on the work front and the fact my wife had surgery, and my time has been very limited with that.

Things are about to smooth out now though...and I can spend some time on BF2 again.

Sorry for the delay...Ill be moving on this again within a few days.
dentistdroid

Post by dentistdroid »

use the comand droid from 00m-9,more realist sbd,blster shots more movie like
ruasoh

Post by ruasoh »

Thanks for the update Stager00! Hope your wife gets better soon! As always, looking forward to how far you can push the BFII engine with your maps
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

hope you wife gets better soon Stager00, and I hope this map is at least half as good as your Geonosis! How is the cap ship problem coming along?
eRAGONE

Post by eRAGONE »

Any new updates/screens??
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

It'll be done when it's DONE.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Hopefully soon, but im not rushing u. Take your time.
DarthDoy11

Post by DarthDoy11 »

I must say it's looking good, just a few questions.

1) Will there be a couple of Venators?
2) Will the be an AT-TE?
3) Will you include the other smaller sinkhole where Grievous' ship was in ROTS?
4) How many levels are there going to be?