Jurassic park Map now under new managment!

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Site Rules:
8 ) Don't bump topics
Don't bump. Never bump. There is no need for it. If you want to bump a topic, post something useful or don't post.
allow at least a reasonable time to pass between posts, also edit posts if need be, people are possible less likely to wade through topics if they are too long and too many double posts. Just a word of advice. Good to see your map progressing.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Quite right CarbineImpulse. I must give you a warning for that.
Darth_Dader

Post by Darth_Dader »

How can I create a .odf and a .msh file with 3ds max? Or can someone convert this .xsi file into a .odf and a .msh for me?
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8486253

Dader
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

you can make ODF files with a txt editor like notepad or something
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

How can I create a .odf and a .msh file with 3ds max? Or can someone convert this .xsi file into a .odf and a .msh for me?
There are convertors/exporters that you can add to 3DS Max to allow you to export as XSI, likewise there are importers of 3DS formats for XSI mod tools etc... search the softimage and 3DS Max sites for these. Once in Softimage XSI you'll need to export as a MSH. Search the forums here as to how to do it, you'll probably need Foundations trial or a spare $500. Hope that helps :)
Darth_Dader

Post by Darth_Dader »

oke, thanks
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

ill post new screens once i got the model. also, sorry for the bump...diddnt know u couldnt, this forums alot different from others i have been too.
also, im planning on makin' a new map after this one called Universal orlando, does any1 know if its possible to make a rollercoaster vehicle? i think it would be fun to shoot out the sides of the rollercoaster while your riding it!
i think if i can can get a rollercoaster vehicle then my new map is going to be the first map based on a themepark for anygame, and be one of the best maps ever!!!
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I don't think you can make the rollercoaster a vehicle, but I'm not sure. BTW, you should make the lasers go faster if you are gonna do that.
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

JabbaLovesLava wrote:I don't think you can make the rollercoaster a vehicle, but I'm not sure. BTW, you should make the lasers go faster if you are gonna do that.
i was thinking the same thing, i wonder if theres a way to disable the music when you reach a certan point of the map? so on some of the coaster/rides they have music and talking and such. i thought it would be a cool idea...ill start a WIP thread after this map is finished.
Darth_Dader

Post by Darth_Dader »

.odf file is almost finished. But I can't find an .msh exporter for 3ds max.
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

Darth_Dader wrote:.odf file is almost finished. But I can't find an .msh exporter for 3ds max.
i believe that you have to make it in photoshop or somthing, then you have to program a MSH. to use the TGA in photoshop, i could be wrong tho
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

MSH == 3D model. There is no exporter for 3DSMax, only XSI.
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

Teancum wrote:MSH == 3D model. There is no exporter for 3DSMax, only XSI.
hmmm, anyone wanna do this for dader??
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

With reference to my previous post, here's the links:

Here's the 3DS to XSI convertors:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotxsi4max

Yep the .msh exporter only works with XSI. There is a free trial version of XSI Foundation available at:

http://www.softimage.com/downloads/defa ... wnloadid=1

You can use the PandemicBF2.xsiaddon file that comes with the tools to export, the trial is time limited. Failing that you'll need to see if there is someone willing to help you convert your XSI model for you. Do a search or have a look round the XSI ---> SWBF Series forum, there maybe a post by someone there who is willing to do that for you.
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

CarbineImpulse wrote:With reference to my previous post, here's the links:

Here's the 3DS to XSI convertors:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotxsi4max

Yep the .msh exporter only works with XSI. There is a free trial version of XSI Foundation available at:

http://www.softimage.com/downloads/defa ... wnloadid=1

You can use the PandemicBF2.xsiaddon file that comes with the tools to export, the trial is time limited. Failing that you'll need to see if there is someone willing to help you convert your XSI model for you. Do a search or have a look round the XSI ---> SWBF Series forum, there maybe a post by someone there who is willing to do that for you.

coool thx, im sure dader will find this usefull
Darth_Dader

Post by Darth_Dader »

ill try it! thanks
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

ok im back all, we need to get this thing moving!