TIE Defender

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Krun

Post by Krun »

Lord-Bandu wrote:What were the ion shots like?

Were they like the normal automatic fast lasers? or charged? or single shot?

After reading about the Defender im makin it the fastest ship with the strongest lasers . HOwerver , I read that the defender could be quite unstable at times so im gonna make it have the lowest health.

Im not sute if its possible to give a flyer 3 weapons .... if not il leave out the missiles.
The Ion Cannons were very similiar to lasers except they were a little larger and light blue. The Ion Cannons drained energy and allowed you to disable an enemy ship without destroying it. Yeah I loved XWA too :D

Edit:
Sorry missed Ace's response
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I'll get to you asap Bandu :wink:
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

PvtParts wrote:nice work Bandu.

you can count on seeing your work in some of my maps this is great.

and so far as balance -

slower than a tie but a bit faster than bomber.

but i would say dont lower health to much...

ion cannons would be okay, but i think it would be fine with just 2 proton torpedoes and 4 lasers.

realistically the only unbalancing factors are speed/agility, and armor.

it could have the greatest weapons in the world, bombs, ion, laser, whatever homing 1 hit kill missles. but it its speed is hindered it is still vulnerable.

what im getting at is i would lean towards realism not balancing the game

"slower than a tie but a bit faster than bomber."

All references show that this was the fastest , most agile fighter the imps had. Im am makin it this way . Iv also read that it was abit unstable due to all this power and the only way I can signify this is by having it have lower health , which helps balance it.

If 3 weapons arnt possible then it will just have lasers and ion lasers. This makes it seem different from the others ,which is a bonus imo.

It will be lame if people start makin it slower than a normal Tie.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

just do like psych0fred did with the N-1, compile it to a .lvl file so that they cant mess with any the raw files and all they have to do is call the .lvl file in the .lua and make a spawner for it, they can use it but not mess with it in any way.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Muhahaha :twisted:
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

great, just like x-wing alliace

well, i think you can change your 4 lasercannons to 2 ioncannons like infantry do from rifles to pistols right?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Teancum wrote:I thought the TIE Phantom was the only ship that could cloak.
Oops, I mixed it up somehow.
t3tine

Post by t3tine »

WOW! :shock: sooooo nice! the b-wing and now the tie denfender...i've waited for this moment a long time ago ^^
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

That... is .... Incredible!
It is a great model :D
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Chris165 wrote:great, just like x-wing alliace

well, i think you can change your 4 lasercannons to 2 ioncannons like infantry do from rifles to pistols right?
not sure . It might be different for flyers.

Iv got -_- working on it , if he cant do it , i doubt any1 can.
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

Chris165 wrote:great, just like x-wing alliace

the reason this may not be possible is that the buttons you use to change weapons is taken by change position in vehicles.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

If possible, there could be another button to change weapons.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Lord-Bandu wrote:
Chris165 wrote:Iv got -_- working on it , if he cant do it , i doubt any1 can.
I take that as a compliment :D
Syth
General
General

Post by Syth »

Man, the deffender is suposed the B-wings equal but its not. I dont care about other games, the deffender is very big, 3x an intorceptor's size. So it needs 3x the engine power to just be even EQUAL the intorceptor (which it doesnt). It looks realy bulky so makeing it slower is just a purely logical thing. Being faster then an intorceptor is tarded.

Look, this ship is big. Making it faster then an intorceptor and having less armor is as sensical as making the Y-wing=A-wing.

The ship looks pretty awsome, but knowing how its going to fight i dont care.
You probally have a strong opinion on this Lord Bandu, but id stronly suggest making the deffender a fighter that is equal to the B-wing and makes sense, rather then make it nonsense and have no equal.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

It seems the guys at LA/Starwars.com disagree with you , and tbh Im gonna keep with LA/Starwars.com for my Star Wars information thanks. If you dont like it , dont fly it.

Have you thought that in space it doesnt matter what size the vehicle is? weight means nothin with no gravity about.

BTW , who says im makin it so it has no equal? Iv stressed many times that im balancing it with the other fighters!
Prisoner_of_the_Ram

Post by Prisoner_of_the_Ram »

Syth wrote:Man, the deffender is suposed the B-wings equal but its not. I dont care about other games, the deffender is very big, 3x an intorceptor's size. So it needs 3x the engine power to just be even EQUAL the intorceptor (which it doesnt). It looks realy bulky so makeing it slower is just a purely logical thing. Being faster then an intorceptor is tarded.

Look, this ship is big. Making it faster then an intorceptor and having less armor is as sensical as making the Y-wing=A-wing.

The ship looks pretty awsome, but knowing how its going to fight i dont care.
You probally have a strong opinion on this Lord Bandu, but id stronly suggest making the deffender a fighter that is equal to the B-wing and makes sense, rather then make it nonsense and have no equal.
Well lets put it this way... The Interceptor travelled at 110 MGLT, the Defender at 144. The B-Wing only went at 91... The B-Wing and the Defender had identical shield power, but the Defender's recharge was twice as good. In fact, the only thing about the Defender that was worse than the B-Wing was the hull itself, but any good pilot could keep their ship shielded all the time anyway.

The Defender was superior to the B-Wing overall, and the Interceptor was no competition at all. My source is straight from the nice people at Lucasarts who may know a little more than you on this subject.

Owned.
Syth
General
General

Post by Syth »

I know about the people who made the deffender and its stastics,

At first glance at the ship any one would asume that its slower, better armor and better fire power. But the creaters of it decied to get all jumpy so made it over powered. It has sheilds, 6 lasers, 2 ions, 2 launchers, hyper drive, and enough engine power to surpass almost any ship. That is a case of EU over powerment. I was just suggesting makeing it how it looks to make it even, instead of how the creaters of it made it, which made no sense.

And the volume of an object in space does matter, thats why an SD cant do the same thing as an A-wing. :twisted:

But sense you want to be like in its originated games can you atleast do this.
Make it a cross between an intorceptor and TIE fighter. Does it make sense at all to have a ship that size faster then an interceptor? no, who ever made was just jumpy that they where making something that would be in star wars history so they made it n00by.
CovertSniper

Post by CovertSniper »

Guys! :evil: Why do you insist on getting hung up on all the technical details?!? Bandu is going to make the way he's going to make it, deal with it! :evil:
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Syth, you're noly taking in the size of the engines, not the quality. They squeezed a lot into that thing, but it costs twenty times as much.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

"And the volume of an object in space does matter, thats why an SD cant do the same thing as an A-wing. "

in star wars maybe but in real life volume and shape means nothing.That was my point.

The fact of the matter is , its gonna be balanced but be faster than any other ship. It wont have tracking missiles but will be harder to hit itself.
Last edited by Lord-Bandu on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.