Yktecsh: Ruins - Almost beta!

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

-SP-Butters

Post by -SP-Butters »

This map is gonna rock! Good luck with this Epena can't wait to play with these skins.
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

Epena did you just finally make the jump to BF2? lol, good luck with this
-SP-Butters

Post by -SP-Butters »

lol that map looks like Saluecami with Mygeeto platforms :P
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Epena »

Lol, Sawyer, no, I just am a really slow worker, and I have to wait for other people to do stuff, too. :P

Butter, it really is more diverse than your suggestion. I just have really bad screens. :P
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

soooooooo... You made any progress?
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Well, a little.

I croaked the blue tint.

I've got the Yktorian model from Vyse (awesome) but I need someone to texture it. OGEB said he'd work on it when he has time and Jabbas seeing about it. So whatever that means.

I'm working on CTF...not really tried too hard yet though.

And I'm still waiting on stuffs from Bandu...man he takes forever, but his finished products are so amazing it is more than worth the wait!

Since it's a pretty large map I increased the amount of AI in Assault. (conquest already has more)

I need Tean's heroes, which he can't get to me till he's got time.

So, it's gonna be a little bit before I release anything. See, I need bandu's stuff before I can beta it. The Locals can wait for a newer release....but I need Bandu's models.

If anyone has suggestions for the CIS, ALL and EMP heroes, let me know...

I plan to use Lando, and maybe IG-88, but I'm not sure.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Dang my skins suck. >_< Especially on the Jettrooper. Too dark...eww... looks like...well.... ;) lol Well. Im gonna update em later hopefully. :P Im still trying to make a units list to give to you Epena. Im having trouble deciding. :s But still. :P lol Well. I know I really don't prefer a Galactic Marine for a commander, because lets look at it this way, their armor/pack was made for Snow, and their pack was supposed to be warming them up. Now guess what happens to a Galactic marine, with pack, in a desert-ish environment? Well, he'll become cooked LOL. And maybe I should make the skins more tanish to be more desert like? I don't know, but I do know I am going to help improve the class skins. (Im only a skinner not a mapper. lol)

EDIT- OH I SO WANT IG-88!! lol
Edit 2- Republic Side decided. I'll send you the RTF when ya get on. =)
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Kay, thanks!

I know Tean sent me a different unit that I'm going to try for the commander. I haven't tested it out yet but I really should, lol. I'll let you know how that is.
CovertSniper

Post by CovertSniper »

Actually, I thought the jet trooper looked rather good, anyway epena, excellent looking map. :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Epena -- I can't remember if I sent you my Recon/Commander units. I'm pretty sure I've worked all of the bugs out, so if you'd like to add them along with the fixed ARC Captain I sent you, I'll teach you how when I get time. In return you must bow to my power however :devil: -- just kidding. Just add me to the credits and let me beta.

Hopefully in a week or two I can send you the additional units, then somewhere shortly after that the heroes. IG-88 is done, but he's still got a slightly screwy skeleton (look at his hands). Lando's mostly done. Take a look in the Bespin: Platforms thread. In a few minutes I'll be releasing a brand new beta that Vyse got done testing a few days ago.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

I could post the list here Epena. So, since I've only seen you online once this week. Here's the Republic-

All this is just creativity, so some of the stuff may sound noobishly insane lol.

Clone Trooper- Trooper with the totally Orange head- weapons: DC-15A Primary Clone Rifle, ofcourse the normal blaster pistol, thermal detonator.
Clone Trooper Type 2- Same as above, but with the sidearm with rifle animations and as powerful as the normal rifle and more rapid ,and a thermal detonator.
Clone Heavy Trooper- regular stuff, pistol with rifle animations.
Clone Sharpshooter- The normal weapons but except, the pistol I want it to be the scout trooper pistol (just wanna see what it looks like)
Clone Engineer- As shown in the screen you have, but instead of a shotgun, maybe use the pistol with rifle anims.
Other Clone Engineer model- Gonna be sort of a commando, and if you can get someone to get OOM-9 to send the file to put in the ARC-Trooper rifle for him. He's gonna have a thermal detonator, and a scout blaster like the sharpshooter.
The Neyo skin- The Emp launcher, but with Sonic blast from the geonosian carbine, except blue. Like a concussion rifle sort of. Pistol also scout. (scout pistols here will fire blue)
Clone Commander (with the text on the chest)- this dude will have the droid pistol, with rifle animations, blue fire, and will have tons of detonators, orbital strike, and the small droid that has self destruct.

Im sure some of this will be complicated for you, so you might wanna get in touch with the big boys. This is actually all I invisioned of these troopers. =) Hey, I have some creativity don't I? And I want a custom Jedi in there that I will do, but you might have to switch Palpatine's animations to walk instead, and give him Ki-adi Mundi moves. Blue saber. Black cloak. =)

I hope you can do some of this. I'll also improve the skins, or rather, make new ones. 8-)
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

oh, for the emp, don't you think it'd be nice if it rapidly shot 3 of those soniccy stuffs rapid;y then waited, like

blastblastblast wait wait wait blastblastblast wait wait wait... etc.
Droid803

Post by Droid803 »

The Emp launcher, but with Sonic blast from the geonosian carbine, except blue. Like a concussion rifle sort of. Pistol also scout. (scout pistols here will fire blue)
Nince Ideas, but when I first looked at this, I thought you were talking about the CS "scout"...the sniper thing. lol. Blue scout lol...
And you're skins are good (OF TOPIC: only wish you'd start to make em for our EaW mod :) )
this dude will have the droid pistol, with rifle animations, blue fire, and will have tons of detonators, orbital strike, and the small droid that has self destruct.
Isn't the droid pistol that little thing with the red circle on top ??? Or do you mean Rifle?
oh, for the emp, don't you think it'd be nice if it rapidly shot 3 of those soniccy stuffs rapid;y then waited, like
That'd be nice.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Tean-I figured you were too busy to test my map for me. Nice to see there's some interest for my map! I'll get that to you once Bandu gets the cave done. I talked to him the other day and he said he started modeling again so it won't be too long. (and of course I'll add you to the credits, your name has been in there a looong time.)

I don't see why adding those units would be any different than adding in a new hero...but if you think I'll need help, then I probably will. :P

I'll go right to that Bespin thread! Landoo.... *drool*

Revan-They sound juicy. Some things may have to be adapted, like the commander unit. Since Tean sent me the ARC captain...I may use that. Then again, there's these recon/commander units he's talking about. So we'll see. Obital strike...awesome idea. Not exactly made for this map, (lol) but awesoem idea. If I can get it working I'll do that. One thing about changing the pistol animations is that the fire will probably be coming out at a weird place on the gun in both viewing modes. Might. Don't really know, because I'm not proficient enough to change animations that the guns call for. I have an idea, but, yeah. About changing the color of the geo wave blast thing, and it's speed....again, I can't do that. I'll send it off to somone willing to help if I can find one.

I think that we'll have to cut the clone trooper 2 because there's then no advantage to the other class of clone trooper (1). Another thing is right now the republic hold such an advantage, it isn't even funny. :P First they get the jet trooper (which is a definate plus for this mpa...haha) and then these weapon upgrades. I may have to have them toned down a bit or up the CIS alot. Dunno. We'll see how it plays.

Just one thing to note is that I won't be doing any changes till after I get a beta out. I want to get this release out really soon and that'll take tons of time and stuff. Gotta get somebody to help me first, even...lol. Another is I like the idea of the hero but I want to keep Plo koon because not only is he well known, his animations are set perfectly for this map and he's got some nice Plo-related powers. Besides I just got him localized!!!! :P

But thanks for the list, I'll try to stick to it.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Announcment--

This entire project may be screwed.

I'm working on it, though..
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Posted a solution to your problems in the BF2 Modding forum. If it doesn't work catch me on MSN buddy. ;)
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

I hope u dont drop the project. The map looks great. :D :D :P