Ralltiir: Cambrielle ( WIP )

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lateralusj00

Post by Lateralusj00 »

Penguin wrote:you would need to set up a new side for it, like a local side thats hostile to every one. also you could make it only target buildings and vehicles if you wanted.

PS: *she
A female modding Star Wars Battlefront II? What is the world coming too? :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Lol. So a woman loves Battlefront? Is that a bad thing? :lol: Well, anyway, map sounds awesome. :D
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Off-topic: Penguin, if you don't mind answering, how old are you?

On-topic: This map looks like it could be really cool :D
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Off Topic: 22
Droid803

Post by Droid803 »

disturbed wrote:A female modding Star Wars Battlefront II? What is the world coming too?
Off-Topic: And you're sterotyping because...? Seriously, people have to shed that. a well. going to have to practice what I preach.
JabbaLovesLava wrote:Penguin, if you don't mind answering, how old are you?
Off-Topic: And we all need to know this because...? Stalking by any chance lol.

On-Topic:
PvtParts wrote:having auto turrets target every infantry on the map would make it worthless
Not quite. Randomize the targeting. ie. by turning the accuracy WAY down, and having it target everything (because orbital bombardments are seldom that accurate...hence a bombardment, not an "Orbital Sniper Shot"), so infantry will be able to avoid most of the bombardment if they stay under cover, and not under cover too, unless they're unlucky.
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

looks like a gr8 map
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

Indeed. The APCs and AT-PTs are a must. I can also see AT-STs working in the map, since in the next level in the city, you pilot one and fight against some AT-STs among other things.The landing crafts would be great too. Along with the suspension bridges, probably destroyable, but hard to take out.
hmm... i thought the AT-PT project on this site was unfinished (or so the search found). i also don't think the models for the APCs n AT-PT are out and about.
I can model the landing craft and the bridge perhaps ( i have some experience with using various model programs. i can model, skin (even though its annoying to skin), but not animate (can but too hard)

i also thought about the cps starting outside the landing crafts so that you can destroy the landing crafts and the AT-ATs stop producing (destroyable spawn area not bridge). furthermore these crafts will be across the bridge so imperials have to cross the bridge to get to the city.

although this weekend is busy, ill try on saturday to play the map on my GCN and make some new concept art of buildings, the landing craft, and the map layout in the actual game. :)

btw the orbital strike idea is good. Im wondering though, will the bombings be shot straight downward or from the angle it is firing toward? i thought about making bombardments randomized but with that idea idle units would be shot down so you have to keep moving (wierd though if the imperials shoot down their own idle troops)
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Realistically I think orbital bombardment should be made as a new weapon with the same effects - i dont want it targeting me. Perhaps make it target buildings only (easy to do in the odf) and make a single alliance building (perhaps the shield generator). That way its shooting the ground, not targeting enemy ai persay, and still working towards bringing the shield down, therefore being a reasonable alternative. (obviously it would have to first destroy the shield, so in essence the generator would only serve as a target, it would not actually touch the shield generator)
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by minilogoguy18 »

the at-pt included with the game isnt the at-pt from rogue squadron, its an open variant like the at-rt is to the at-st, i modeled a imperial at-pt but it has no textures and once i fix the BF2 at-pt ill use its animations for mine so i dont have to make a whole new set.
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

if you can create the at-pt just like Rogue Squadron that would be awesome (though for the time being, the map will feature at-sts and at-ats)

ive played the game earlier than i thought i would. i noticed some new aspects of the game. The shield generator is inside the dome (units that enter can destroy the shield from the inside). furthermore three bridges, speeders come from the mountain somewhere (i think i will make it inside the dome otherwise it would be wierd having the dome conquered and still speeders atttacking).

I will check out the designs for the ruins later.
but for now i made the bridge design though. Not in proportion as seen though but imagine an AT-AT passing under the bridge.

i can also being modeling it (though id have to get milkshape again, which unfortunately i used once before and expired (anyway to get around that? because id hate to dl and install it only to find it remembers i used it before.)
Last edited by Dabrowski on Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[SBF]ATATFIGHTR
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by [SBF]ATATFIGHTR »

cool, can't wait for this map 8)
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

im pretty sure the bridges were large enough for the AT-ATs to cross in the game also if you let them (i always did 1 hit kills with those bombs they give you to tow cable and swing em at the walkers) an imperial APC would be easy to make, its a very simple model with no animations and the 2 front turrets can be made as gunner stations and just make a main cannon somewhere on the craft. like i said, i have the at-pt modeled but i still have to make a texture for it and then all i gotta do is attach it to the other at-pt's skeleton and export, just have to make sure mine fits the others skeleton cause i have the pandemic at-pt in XSI.
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

yes the bridges were large enough for the at-ats to pass, i only said imagine it because the picture was slightly misleading (i mainly wanted to show the bridge's features like trusses and columns)

i could make the APC, but i dont plan to make it. Maybe when i get many of the other things i want done, then i can. but maybe...
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

well bubaloo, I think it's time to tell uncle tuskenjedi how you're doing on this. Ze vondeful orbital strike is too much fun!
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by jangoisbaddest »

It would be increadible if you could make towable bombs for the speeders like in RS3! It would be pretty tough, but worth it I think ;)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

lol tuskenjedi :P well, still, it's looking awesome! keep it up!
Grievous0.396

Post by Grievous0.396 »

Afflicted if this question with already were put, but how would the rebels gain-T? By destroying the TB-TT and by prennant the PC?
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

well, ive been busy this week but im trying to learn XSI mod tools (which is different than most modelling programs) one question i have though is how should i know how big the model should be in the XSI?
i also am looking at the buildings and layout of the actual level. I will get another sketch soon :)

i am probably not making the mines because even if they were on the ground its impossible for the airspeeder to pick it up.
As for the last question, whats a TB-TT?
~HUNTER~_OVERLORD

Post by ~HUNTER~_OVERLORD »

You should probally think about adding tanks for the rebels. but in other cases, its looking great!
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

jeez man that was a huge bump O_O

if you can get this map looking like ralltiir enough i might help with some modeling stuff if needed cause im kinda bored and im a huge rogue squadron series fan.