W.I.P Galactic Civil War: End of the Seperatist Movement

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

maxloef
Major General
Major General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by maxloef »

Look droideka u are realy messed up. The movie's NOt acurate? WTF are YOU saying that george Lucas made it wrong.

Look if george lucas says the droidekas are like that then they are!
Georgre Lucas made starwars he OWNS starwars and here YOU are saying ZHE did something wrong.

Now i find that to be most disturbing.

I do like the idea of droidekas ina capitol ship. they need sometype of defence other fromt pilots and marines. but then you should also add the other classes like Rocketeer engineer Sniper and everything.
MartinK

Post by MartinK »

maxloef, take it easy... although you're right, if George Lucas says it then it's that way (his movies=his rules), but I don't think he should add every class to capital ships, only droidekas in CIS ones, and maybe engineers in both, but only those, not the rocketeer and snipers, what would they do there??
maxloef
Major General
Major General

Post by maxloef »

wel concidering the ships are in orbit of a planet the best suggestion is that their getting ready for an invasion or retreating from one hence all troops or whats left of it would be on board
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2}

Post by stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} »

Wow this map seems nice and I also like the idea for droideka's on the cap ships they could be the best gaurdians for them.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Look droideka u are realy messed up. The movie's NOt acurate? WTF are YOU saying that george Lucas made it wrong.
I never said he made the movies 100% wrong. There just some things that don't seem right.

And dude, you need to stop getting pissed if I say something to criticize George's idea(s). And just so you know, I'm GIVING this mapper some ideas rather than being ignorant.

Now i find that to be most disturbing.

What don't you find disturbing? Let me guess. Hyped Jedi Battles right? :P

Skywalker you notice that people Max are still blinded by always beleiving George literally. Here's my message: rely on others and use other common sense.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Yea, like for instance, Leia should've been born before Luke. And Max, Droideka is not messed up. So what if he likes droidekas...nothing wrong with that. I like DD's too. We all have our ways so why don't we back off one another, k? Thanks. I agree with both of you, and it's gonna stay like that. No sides or anything.

Now, didnt mean to sound...well...harsh, but I just don't like seeing arguments or what not...no matter if it's real life, or forums, or a fricken chatroom.

Now kiss and make up.... (eww... ummm... lol )

Well, anyway, Skywalker, keep it up!
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

RevanSithLord wrote:Now, didnt mean to sound...well...harsh,
That didn't sound harsh to me... more like bossy ;)

Anyways, I think that mappers should do WHATEVER they like to do with their maps, not just base themselves on anything. If they wanna give a droideka 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 x 100000000000000000000000000000 shields then so be it. That's why the mod tools are here, so YOU can make whatever YOU want. Now if we all are gonna get into an argument about the movies being acurate or not... that's just plain stupid. In this case, the book was based on the movie, so the movie is the accurate one. However, there IS EU, so there are a lot of doors that you can take. Heck, you could even create your own elite Battalion of clone troopers if you wished. They could be the 763rd Elite Corps Battalion for all i care. My point is, a map doesnt have to be accurate, a map has to be fun, for after all this is a GAME and games are ment for entretainment, not accuracy.

PS: Droideka88, don't take this personal, but I really think you should stop talking about droidekas in every post out of 2 you write. I think everyone, and I mean every single person, in GT knows that you don't like the way droidekas are in the game. Or the ratio of droidekas to magnaguards, but you have to learn to like it. So my advice is, if you wanna be "welcomed" in Gametoast dont turn into an annoying person who ONLY talks about the flaws droideka-related in the game. I mean, wouldn't it be annoying to you if the only thing I talked about was how unproprtioned SW:BF2 is. I mean, look at a dude compared to the SD, the star destroyer should be way longer/wider/taller. But then again this isnt accuracy, it's entretainment. Hope I made myself clear. :)

PPS: Diet Dr. Pepper that was a long PS :P
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

Looking at the screens i think the Imps are overpowering the CIS so would there be any balancing problems?? if so then i suggest you up the number of starfighters for the CIS.
Chamboozer
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Chamboozer »

i agree with alpha29
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Post by MasterSkywalker »

Nope the game is pretty balanced thx to the SBD and Droideka, but I'm having some trouble with the Droideka unit count. And btw. the droideka now can enter starfighter! You just need 2 remove the EnterNoVehicles= 1 line in the droideka's odf.
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

LOL how can a droideka fly a starfighter when it has no hands :D
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2}

Post by stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} »

lol! btw i was just thinking today what if someone made a droideka ablke to go in starfighter? looks like i got my answer.lol.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

AlPhA29 wrote:LOL how can a droideka fly a starfighter when it has no hands :D
The fact is none of the droids (including battle droids) can fly the starships: Droid GUnShip, Tri-Fighter, and Vulture Droid.

Here's the thing. In order for BF2 to work, Pandemic had to set up starships as vehicles in order for each side to counter attack each other.

Plus I've personally thought a droideka could fly a Tri-Fighter but only if it was in its ball mode.

And just so everyone knows, Pandemic's concept art did have droidekas in space look.

http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefron ... 1_1600.jpg