Tordarian (Republic ground attack) - Some help needed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

yeah the guided rocket messes up for me too.
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

lol, i see my PM helped you Tohron. :p
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Okay, now that I've gotten all the major problems fixed, it's time to continue to the minor ones.

Here's a few: First, I am using the Kamino platform in the city/supply base (as the screenshots show), however, it seems to have no collision geometry for vehicles, because they just pass right through it like it's not there. Is there any moderately simple ODF modification that I can do to change this?

The relevant ODF file (kam_bldg_landplatform1) reads:

[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel = "prop"
GeometryName = "kam_bldg_landplatform1.msh"

[Properties]

GeometryName = "kam_bldg_landplatform1"
FoleyFXGroup = "metal_foley"

Also, I am using the Polis Massa corridors underground, and for that reason, I want the windows to be opaque. How would I do this?

Finally, does anyone know the screen resolution (in ppi) of BF2 TGA files? Because I have Adobe Illustrator, but you have to select the screen resolution when you choose to export a TGA file.

The map is coming along rather well now. I'll probably have some more screenshots soon.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Here are the screenshots as promised!

View from the central mountain: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... untain.jpg

City under seige: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... hecity.jpg

View from the ridge: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... erlook.jpg

Fortified wall: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... fenses.jpg

Underground passageway: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... tunnel.jpg

Has anyone figured out answers to the problems I listed in my last post? If not, then here are a few more.

First, how do you directly control the elevation of things like spawn paths? Since part of my map is located atop elevated objects, help would be useful.

Where is the PRP file that you use to define foilage?

Although I can continue without getting answers to these, help would be nice nonetheless.
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

for spawn paths, hold shift while you move them, and you have done a really really good job.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, shift + mouse moves the paths up and down, but only so far. If they don't go high enough, let us know. There's more options.
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

hey teancum, I've gotten them to go as far as I like. If it stops, you have to get yourself at a diffferent angle and do it, or move it over, push it up, and move it back.
Tohron

Path planning

Post by Tohron »

Thanks for the help with the spawn paths, I've also encountered one more problem, this time with path planning. I get 10 errors (possibly equal to the total number of paths and hubs I have) saying that Overlook.NODE does not exist. (all of my paths have been renamed and include the word Overlook somewhere.

As for the paths themselves, I don't think that they are working, although I can't be entirely sure.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

An added comment to everyone reading: If you don't know the answer to any of my questions, could you please say so? That way, at least I'll know if I have to solve a problem on my own.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

I don't know how I can say this more clearly. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS OR NOT?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Dude, I've told you before. If we had answers, we'd give them. Now stop freaking out! It really bothers others.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Teancum wrote:Dude, I've told you before. If we had answers, we'd give them. Now stop freaking out! It really bothers others.
ERROR[pathplanningmunge world1\TOR.PLN]:Node [Overlook] does not exist
10 Errors 0 Warnings

Here is the precise error prompt for the pathing problems I am having. I have added 6 nodes, and am using 5 paths to join them together.

The reason I get frustrated when there are no replies is that a lack of responses does not necessarily mean that nobody knows an answer. And you can't know who read your post just by looking at an empty thread.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

It's looking for a node named Overlook and can't find it. Pretty self explanitory.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Teancum wrote:It's looking for a node named Overlook and can't find it. Pretty self explanitory.
But what is a "node" in relation to path planning? How do I add them?

Also, one more question you might be able to help me with: I am trying to spawn two LAATs in my map. I have set the vehicles spawns to the republic's side, assigned them to cp5, which starts in republic control, added a controlzone, filled in the vehicle spawn fields for repatk and cisdef with rep_fly_gunship_sc set up a memory pool for 10 "EntityFlyer"s and added rep_fly_gunship_sc to the list of republic units and vehicles. The unit quantity defined by the vehicle spawns is 1. The LAATs do not appear.
Tohron

Series of questions

Post by Tohron »

Okay, with Penguin's help I managed to get my gunships to spawn, although I'm going to need a larger takeoff area, plus I'll need to raise my edge-of-map cliffs.

Here's a pic (yes, I know I need to add fog to my map): http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... ictory.jpg

So here's a summary of the problems I have now:

-The Kamino platforms and Kamino dome I have don't block vehicles (although the gunship can land on the platforms. I would like to make them resistant to vehicles, either by modifying them file if that could be done, or if not, then by adding invisble walls (were they one of the common ODFs? Can you change their size?)

-I have added some linked hubs and paths to my map for path planning. All of them have been renamed. When I munge, I get the following error message: ERROR[pathplanningmunge world1\TOR.PLN]:Node [Overlook] does not exist
10 Errors 0 Warnings

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

-Is there any way to make the Polis Massa tunnels opaque by modifying only TGA files?

Also:

-When you create a new TGA file, rename it with the name of a TGA file the game is using, and then replace the old TGA file with it, does the game automatically use the new TGA file or do you need to do something? If so, what?

-Is there any simple way to expand the ground size of your map? As the pic may have shown, I could use some more ground simply for aesthetic purposes.

-Can objects without a TGA file but with an MSH one appear in you map? Are they invisible?

If you are reading this and know the answers to any of these questions, could you please respond? It's really disheartening to watch your topic fall to the bottom of the page when none of your questions have been answered.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

"Also, I am using the Polis Massa corridors underground, and for that reason, I want the windows to be opaque. How would I do this? "

change the corridor (or window tga. - if its seperate) to 24 bit instead of 32bit.

"Where is the PRP file that you use to define foilage? "

I used the PRP file ages ago so I cant remember if it gets made automatically or you have to take create one/edit one from a shipped world.

There is one in the World 1 folder of Endor. (to look for specific files use the windows search function)

-"When you create a new TGA file, rename it with the name of a TGA file the game is using, and then replace the old TGA file with it, does the game automatically use the new TGA file or do you need to do something? If so, what? "

If you overwrite an existing tga the game will call it automatically.

"Finally, does anyone know the screen resolution (in ppi) of BF2 TGA files? Because I have Adobe Illustrator, but you have to select the screen resolution when you choose to export a TGA file. "

I believe it is 72.

-"Is there any simple way to expand the ground size of your map? As the pic may have shown, I could use some more ground simply for aesthetic purposes."

There the terrain size option at the top right corner of ZE . However If you change the terrain size half way thro a map you will get crazy results ( models all over the show etc) ..... you did in SWBF1 anyway. BACK UP your map before attempting this!

-Can objects without a TGA file but with an MSH one appear in you map? Are they invisible?

If your object doesnt have a tga associated with it it will still appear but wil be white/blue/black depending on your GFX card
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Lord-Bandu wrote:"Also, I am using the Polis Massa corridors underground, and for that reason, I want the windows to be opaque. How would I do this? "

change the corridor (or window tga. - if its seperate) to 24 bit instead of 32bit.

"Where is the PRP file that you use to define foilage? "

I used the PRP file ages ago so I cant remember if it gets made automatically or you have to take create one/edit one from a shipped world.

There is one in the World 1 folder of Endor. (to look for specific files use the windows search function)

-"When you create a new TGA file, rename it with the name of a TGA file the game is using, and then replace the old TGA file with it, does the game automatically use the new TGA file or do you need to do something? If so, what? "

If you overwrite an existing tga the game will call it automatically.

"Finally, does anyone know the screen resolution (in ppi) of BF2 TGA files? Because I have Adobe Illustrator, but you have to select the screen resolution when you choose to export a TGA file. "

I believe it is 72.

-"Is there any simple way to expand the ground size of your map? As the pic may have shown, I could use some more ground simply for aesthetic purposes."

There the terrain size option at the top right corner of ZE . However If you change the terrain size half way thro a map you will get crazy results ( models all over the show etc) ..... you did in SWBF1 anyway. BACK UP your map before attempting this!

If your object doesnt have a tga associated with it it will still appear but wil be white/blue/black depending on your GFX card
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, at this point I can't expand the terrain, but your instructions on making the windows opaque worked perfectly! Thanks for all the help! :D
Tohron

Adding Music?

Post by Tohron »

I have just used my music synthesizer program to create a new music track for Tordarian. It's awesome, and I'll be adding more to it, but I need to figure out where to store it, and what files I will need to modify.

As part of that, should my LUA line read:

SetAmbientMusic(REP, 1.0, "tordarian_intro", 0,1)

:?:
Tohron

Update

Post by Tohron »

New Screenshots!

LAAT Image 1: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... ngcity.jpg

LAAT Image 2: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... onarea.jpg

LAAT Image 3: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... tyedge.jpg

Strike Bomber Strafing Run: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... ingRun.jpg

Strike Bomber Passing LAAT: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... nsport.jpg

Back of City View: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... tyback.jpg

Underground Room: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... ndArea.jpg

Underground Building: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... ndRoom.jpg

View from inside Bunker: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... bunker.jpg

Vehicle Fight in City: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/ ... decity.jpg

Okay, I'm approaching the point where I can release a beta, here are the things I would still like answered:

-Resizing my map clearly isn't going to work, so I'm wondering if it's possible to place terrain-like objects I make outside of the world boundaries. I have a landscape renderer that can export elevations in PCX, DXF, and ASCII Z format. Can any of those formats be reconfigured into an MSH without using and editor like XSI? Also, is in necessary for an object to have TGA Option and MSH Option files?

-My path system still isn't working. Here is a copy of my TOR.pln file, so that you can look for anything that was left out. The error message I get can be found in an earlier post.

Hub("Overlook 1")
{
Pos(-171.517303, 0.000000, 36.196110);
Radius(4.000000);
BranchWeight("Overlook 2",20.000000,"Overlook 1-2",1);
}

Hub("Overlook 2")
{
Pos(-171.833847, 8.753185, -28.214397);
Radius(4.000000);
}

Hub("Overlook 3")
{
Pos(-139.337234, 20.117739, -27.830799);
Radius(4.000000);
}

Hub("Overlook 4")
{
Pos(-139.633789, 28.629999, 12.847847);
Radius(6.000000);
}

Hub("Overlook Entrance")
{
Pos(-165.576462, 0.000000, 103.558105);
Radius(57.651207);
}

Hub("Overlook Jetstart")
{
Pos(-110.354111, 0.078542, 14.388908);
Radius(27.616404);
BranchWeight("Overlook 4",2.500000,"Overlook Jetroute",1);
}

Connection("Overlook 1-2")
{
Start("Overlook 1");
End("Overlook 2");
Flag(1);
}

Connection("Overlook 2-3")
{
Start("Overlook 2");
End("Overlook 3");
Flag(1);
}

Connection("Overlook 3-4")
{
Start("Overlook 3");
End("Overlook 4");
Flag(1);
}

Connection("Overlook E-1")
{
Start("Overlook Entrance");
End("Overlook 1");
Flag(1);
}

Connection("Overlook Jetroute")
{
Start("Overlook Jetstart");
End("Overlook 4");
Flag(1);
JetJump();
}

-After flying the CIS Strike Bomber, it became clear that it needs to be depowered (right now it can take down an ATTE in one volley) To do this, I need to create a CIS side in my data_TOR folder. What do I put in there? And would the intro line in my LUA file read * ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\cis.lvl", * ?

-I am trying to set a music file named tordarian_intro as ambient music for this level. Where do I copy the music file to, and what to I do to make it play?

Hope you liked the screenshots, post if you have any potential solutions!
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Just remembered: two more questions.

-What is Uber Mode? How do you enable it and how is it used?

-Is there any way to assign an actual lighting effect to a light you a added (like having a glowing circle at the location of an omni-light)?

I have a hard time believing that out of everyone reading this, nobody has answers to any of my questions. If you do know a solution, please respond! I could really use the help!