W.I.P Space: Tantive IV Defense (BACK ON TRACK :P)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats the best situation for this map?

The Tantive IV is already borded and the Rebellion is sending ships to pick up survivers (Tantive IV is NOT destroyable)
26%
Rebel ships are defending the Tantive IV leading into the battle we saw in ANH (this DOES have a destroyable Tantive IV)
74%

Total votes: 53
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

W.I.P Space: Tantive IV Defense (BACK ON TRACK :P)

Post by MasterSkywalker »

Features:
-NO Rebel Capital ships, they spawn direct into space
-Only TIE-Fighters and X-Wings
-(if possible) Playable interior for the Tantive IV (this requires to make a bigger model for both Tantive IV and Devastator to keep everything consistent)
*-NO Imperial or Rebel marines
-Shielded X-Wings and TIE-fighters with weaker armor bur stronger lasers
-Some other features that I forgot

MS
Last edited by MasterSkywalker on Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

RE: W.I.P Space: Tantive IV Defense

Post by RevanSithLord »

Very nice man! You must like space maps... I know I do. :D Well, let's see. Second one sounds more story-line. :D But nice work so far. ^_^
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Strange spawn zone... other than that it looks great.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

exactly what I was thinking, but still yea. Nice map again. :D
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Are you ever going to finish a map you started on some time ago? Anyways, looks like a good map.

^Destroyer^
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

This is looking great! Cant wait

Those Rebels have to run to a ship before their heads explode!
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

^Destroyer^ wrote:Are you ever going to finish a map you started on some time ago?
ASD is already finished I just can't upload it until 15/5 because of my bandwith.
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

erm...there were no rebel fighters protecting the tantive IV. the ship is far too small to house fighters.
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

^I know but this is a FUN map, and since their is already an indoor Tantive IV map then why no space map? I need to put fighters in their because otherwise people get easly bored because the only thing they need to do is get thru the Tantive IV shields and destroy it, while the Rebels would spawn just into space and die.
YT-1300

Post by YT-1300 »

well you could have the tantive boarded already and you fight inside, but then you could fight your way into the star destroyer's hangar and steal some of their fighters and take the fight outside as well as inside
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Nice screenshots. Sounds good.
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

You're doing a great job, and this isn't just to you, but to all future map makers, I, myself, and me, and maybe some others, would like to maybe see some fighting styles a bit more like the campaign, where you have to have missions and then you do this then that, and I looked through a lot of luas, and it seems possible. It gives the game more purpose instead of [REFER TO YOYAMS "SWBF1 WHAT YOU MISS ABOUT IT" RANT]. It would also make levels a lot better and your map just seems like the type of map where if you could incorporate such a thing into it, it would be one of the greatest maps.
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

UPDATE: I putted turbolasers at the bottom of the SD because all the lasers seen in ANH came from the bottom of the SD. I'm having some trouble making the objectives 'Defend Tantive IV' and 'Destroy Tantive IV' (mainly because I don't know yet how to make new objectives :P) because now their is a big dogfight around the platforms where the Rebels spawn.
Btw. this is still on my to do list:
-Destroyable Tantive IV with interoir (TIV is already destroyable but when it is destroyed the interoir just hangs their :P)
-TIE-fighters with weaker armor and stronger lasers (i'm already working on this)
-Making new objectives
-(if possible) NO platforms, Rebel space ships are chosen from the spawn screen (it is possible but I needed to reduce the size of the ships dramaticly)

-Releasing ASD FINAL and GCW: End of Seperatist Movement BETA 0.70
Chamboozer
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Chamboozer »

In this map, how would the rebels win? by boarding the star destroyer? also, if you are going to do a map that is this much story based, then not only to be realistic, but to be fair too, i would reduce the TIE fighter's armor AND weapon power, not incluse a shield for it, leave the laser the same strength, and remove the missle launcher.

another suggestion i have is that if you are going to use an interior for the Tantive IV, make the turrets player operated.
Grievous0.396

Post by Grievous0.396 »

I think that the objective will be the same one, of destroying the bridge, antenna, system of survival ect…
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Chamboozer wrote:In this map, how would the rebels win? by boarding the star destroyer?
The rebels would win by killing all Imperial troops aboard the Tantive IV and destroying the critical systems.
Chamboozer wrote:i would reduce the TIE fighter's armor AND weapon power, not incluse a shield for it, leave the laser the same strength, and remove the missle launcher.
Duuh :P Thats the first things I thought of when I started working on the TIE Fighter, because I really can't remember that the TIE Fighter ever had missle launchers, never saw them in any game or movie, and as I said in post above, the TIE-Fighter is NOT going to be shielded. I gave the TIE Fighter more fire power because I thought it would be to easy for the rebels, but I think it might work, and thx for the turrets tip, I didn't thought on that :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

hey MS, if you ever need any testers, email or talk to me on msn at RevanRAMem@hotmail.com

This is looking great, and I hope I get to try it out. =)
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

I will directly give you a beta when I can get Campaign mode in this map to work :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

:D great. I like to test stuff for people, it's fun and it helps out the author. =)
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Just a quick update: This map is currently on hold, I first want to finish ASD and get a BETA out of ESM, and I'm planning a second map called the Birth of the Rebellion.