Announcement- DRAYATA: The ghost of Lord Bandu

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Announcement- DRAYATA: The ghost of Lord Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Since Squipple and myself figured out the non-ZE lighting Glow technique I am gonna start mapping again.

The 1st map ( and a kind of 'glow-testmap') will be on a planet named 'Drayata'. Drayata is a made up Star Wars planet where a long time ago the mysterious Lord Bandu , previously a Jedi Knight , learnt to harness the power of the dark side thro the many mysterious Force Alters situated among the treacherous, dead terrain.

Fast forward a few hundred years . The Clone Wars has reached an all time high. Count Dooku stumbles accross the dead planet , Drayata . Dooku had previously thought Drayata was merely a myth . He never truely believed that these alters existed , alters which could give the strong minded force user powers that even Darth Sidious could only dream of. He had heard much about how Lord Bandu had turned Drayata into a Sith stronghold and destroyed fleet anfter fleet of Republic ships using an array of 'exotic dark side powers.....again Dooku ,until now , laughed off such claims.

Dooku see's the finding of Drayata as his chance to over throw Darth Sidious and rule the galaxy himself. All he needs is time to figure out the secrets to the ulitmate force powers . Out of nowhere a fleet of Republic Venators appear in the atmosphere....

lol still workin on the story :D

Heres a few pics of 1 of the Dark Side Alters you will find in the map.

havent started work on the terrain yet . CGartist is makin me a custom stormy sky with tints of green and purple ... with 3 moons also.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

That tower looks like the thing in Halo 3 E3 trailer.. GOOD LUCK LORD BANDU!
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

havent seen any halo 3 trailer lol
Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Vyse »

You know, that glow really does make it look excellent! :wink:

Nice job Bandu.

Did you invent Lord Bandu or is he from EU?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I invented him for my Star Wars Galaxies char. 'Aldro Bandu' was my name . It changed to Lord Bandu when I registered at GT.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Wow, nice application of our find! And that lightning :shock:
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

MMMM.. so Nice and soo red :P

Nice to know ur modding again!
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Very interesting, looking forward to this map, especially since it's by one of the most skilled SWBF II mappers...
But here's a random(ish) question. Was your map's name inspired by Darth Traya from KotOR II? :p

Edit: Cleared the question up... forgot a word before.
CovertSniper

Post by CovertSniper »

Don't turn to the dark side Bandu! Oh well I guess it's a few hundred years too late. lol Anyway, glad to see your back at mapping. :D gtpwn
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

Good thing your back Bandu. Nice Idea for a map. When dooku or someone goes in, or underneath the tower, are their powers going to be inhanced in any way?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Indeed! The new map looks very promising!
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Tuskenjedi wrote:When dooku or someone goes in, or underneath the tower, are their powers going to be inhanced in any way?
That sounds cool, maybe if u can put in a Damage increase in the tower so u get it when u get in the tower. That would be great (and if possible to get the damage increase in there, then also increase the damage increase it's effect) Sounds like another great map, as usual :D

^Destroyer^
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

Great story idea!
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

So Awseome! Bandu you are a modding genuis! Seriously, without you modding would never be the same!
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Im putting this on hold for a week cos im gonna continue with my Duel of the Fates map.
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Lord-Bandu wrote:Im putting this on hold for a week cos im gonna continue with my Duel of the Fates map.
lol Bandu is on fire with maps right now!
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

which makes all of us very very happy :P
Man i'm so glad he's at it again
richard

Post by richard »

So am I. Can't wait for the release of duel of fates. And this project looks sweet too
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

nice pics LB. sounds like it will be great.

Good Luck and same for your other maps.

"The force will be with you, always"
RєÅpér

Post by RєÅpér »

any proggress bandu