Geonosis: Attack of the Clones in progress.

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chris165 »

what about adding a dwarf spider droid(DSD) or advanced dwarf spider droid (A-DSD) as a vehicle or unit.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

^ i dont know if thats, possible, the map still needs alot of work maxloef
RC-1290

Post by RC-1290 »

well... it's a bit...empty... I think you should add some more objects, textures and edit the terrain a bit. Not even here in Holland the terrain is that flat.... It gives a kinda boring fight...even when you have 250 units per team It still starts to get boring after the first two times playing.... trust me, I know:) . My first geonois map on Battlefront 1 was some sort of big trench, with only a few hills and rocks in it (and I didn't know how planning worked so they kept running into the objects).... oh and IF you use a big flat area, don't forget to let the bots spawn next to each other with intervals of about 2 meters... gives the best effect.....well, that's about all the advise I can give you on This map. Keep practisin, It helpes.

Dread
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

when you get close to the battleground you realise that its not at all empty, i have broken down laats rocks , broken attes, small craters, bassically all sorts of stuff to duck behind, the only problem i have is incresing the maps default level of detail distance so many of these objects can be seen from far away.

oh yeah anfd thanks for the advise, although ive covered some of that, have you seen my other geonosis map.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Dude...you're talking in terms of "More Droidekas is always better!" You clearly don't know much about cinematography, or those two wonderful words "Dramatic Effect". No offense here man, but the idea of Droidekas is that you only ever see them in small numbers.
I have to respectively disagree with everything you said about my theory. A droideka is a droid, an object that is meant to be multiple. It's obvious we don't need to see them as a sqaud but in a spread out field, they have to lend a hand to their "cousins". It's like how the draft dragged many men to join and have victory over their enemy.
Each individual is meant to pretty darn tough to break down, with the shield and rapid fire. If you recall ep1, Obi-Wan and Qui Gon have to retreat rather than fight two Droidekas.
Episode 1 happened years ago when George was only testing getting his droids right. First off, the two Jedi could've easily defeated the droidekas if they had deflected their lasers a little more, making their shields deplete rapid. You realize the Jedi could've ran and then turn back at them before they activiated their shields again. And finally, George used hypeness saying their shield was expensive.....has he forgotten that the shield is common techonogoly in the SW universe? Seriously how could he hype these droids badly?
They are shown in small numbers in order to build them up as powerful, so one individual Droideka looks like something you need to find another way around, rather than go through.
Around? You mean strafe or "circle" around? Possibly so. But then again, a droideka is an infrantry unit, which is meant to take down one opponent at a time.
Having loads of them would minimise this effect, and aesthetically look rubbish.
I disagree. It would've shown more feel and realism from the CIS side to send their droideka army into the battlefield with the others.
Personally, I don't think they fit in at all to an 'open battlefield' situation (more suited to Tantive-IV style maps) but I'll put up with them.
Get used to it....Battlefront changes the rules of strict limits from the movies. It's like saying players don't want a SBD to appear in a short map either.
Having laods of them, however, would just suck.
You know what? Do you rely on the databank with passion? Seriously open your mind besides believing in something George says literal about some element of Star Wars. If I had to, I'd be annoyed always seeing loads of SBDs because the truth is they were just as rare as droidekas in both numbers and power.

On topic. I recommend for the mapper not to follow just what the movies showed. Does everyone recall when George promised to use Tank Droids in Geonosis? Just because it didn't appear in the movies doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it appearing in this Geonosis map. Therefore, seeing a non max limit for droidekas is wrong either as long you "balance' it realistically.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

im not gonna have more droidekas then sbds.
I never said have more of whichever because the truth is they are even despite the clastrophic mistakes the movies, cartoons, and even novels presented of these two droids.

If you're gonna limit the droidekas, then I recommend limiting the SBDs. 8)
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Droideka88 wrote:
im not gonna have more droidekas then sbds.
I never said have more of whichever because the truth is they are even despite the clastrophic mistakes the movies, cartoons, and even novels presented of these two droids.

If you're gonna limit the droidekas, then I recommend limiting the SBDs. 8)
WTF? seriously man , stop goin on about Droidekas! I bet your the guy on LA forums who always goes on about them lmao.

Who invented Star Wars? not you . George Lucas did , and if he says that a droidekas shield is expensive then it is.

Who are you to say "clastrophic mistakes the movies, cartoons, and even novels presented of these two droids" , dont be ridiculous.

Gunjak , il post some helpful tips for ya tommorow , aint got time now,im goin to bed
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Droideka88 wrote:... If I had to, I'd be annoyed always seeing loads of SBDs because the truth is they were just as rare as droidekas in both numbers and power.
Sorry, but in the movies SBD weren't rare at all. If you watch the Geonosis Arena scene you see a LOT of SBDs

On Topic: THe map looks nice, but it's not my type of map. I like close quarter combat more than HUGE landmasses with loads of vehicles :/
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

JabbaLovesLava wrote:
Droideka88 wrote:... If I had to, I'd be annoyed always seeing loads of SBDs because the truth is they were just as rare as droidekas in both numbers and power.
Sorry, but in the movies SBD weren't rare at all. If you watch the Geonosis Arena scene you see a LOT of SBDs

On Topic: THe map looks nice, but it's not my type of map. I like close quarter combat more than HUGE landmasses with loads of vehicles :/
Maybe some more pics will convince you to play it. Its not all just vehicle fun trust me.

hold on ill get some
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Can't wait for the beta version!
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

I'll be releasing it today.
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Nice!
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Maybe not today because i cant find a site to host it on.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by yankeefan05 »

Weel there is , savifile (less then 60MB) there is FileFront (as u know is down every other day now), there is rapidshare and there is megadownload.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Tried all of em, My map is 135mb
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Compression?
:?: :?: :?:
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

yaeh is it in an archive?

Filefront?
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Yeah its in an archive, no problem, it just wont upload onto any site.
tried filefront, crashes email every time i try uploading it into the email.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Dont send it by email. Upload it here: http://www.filefront.com/

Log in (or Register) then upload it through the main site. It wont be submitted yet, it will be in your account not on Battlefront Files, but if you post the url here we can all download it.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Ok it has been released, new pics will be up tommorow, heres the link to the thread

i was very excited about tthis release :P

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name ... pic&t=5441

It is my second map PVTparts, not the first :P
Last edited by Gunjak on Sat May 27, 2006 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.