W.I.P Utapau Attack

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrel7Hunter

W.I.P Utapau Attack

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

hey everyone, I just released Utapau Attack v1.5 a couple of days ago in the map release forms , there are screen shots there and I dont feel like posting them again. I 'm having some difficulty with certain things and have questions too.

I have 2 questions for this picture, #1 . when I egt far away from objects they start to turn blue. how can I turn this off so they just appear far away and still look the same.
#2. is there a way to put a texture for the ground where the black is in the backround, or make the sky extend so it doesnt look like the end of the world is right off this ledge.

I also cant get my rep_fly_gunship to work.
Trans

RE: W.I.P Utapau Attack

Post by Trans »

For the first one go into your sky file and change the fog color which is set as that default blue. (I've never tried to just get rid of it though)

For number 2, I dont' know.
Squirrel7Hunter

ok thnks, bot it to work. I have another question for anyone who can answer. I went to the form on penguins magnagaurd staff and I couldnt find the link to down load it. is there anywhere else I can get it?
Squirrel7Hunter

Ok. progress has come to a halt. I dont know what I did but I will say every thing that I have done. since my Utapau file was 220 MB I saw that my rep side file was 150,000 KB so I didnt want the wasted space.
I copied the rep folder in the assets folder and pasted it somewhere outside the BF-modtools folder so that I would have a backup. Then I got my rep side folder from my UTApau map which had all the new skins, mods to vehicles and replaced it in my assets/ side/ rep . by doing this I could take out my rep side folder in my UTA map and still have all the modifications in my map work. like the skins, etc.. and my UTA lvl file would be around 100 MB. so then I deleted all the stuff in my UTA side folder except the left over common folder and ATXT folder. them I munged my map , for the side that was to be selected, I selected my atxt to be munged. I munged,, no errors , I started my map, right when it was about done loading it crashed to desktop.

the only other things I have done to the map are taking out some uneeded effects in my effects folder. I added most of them back to see if that was the case.

has this happened to anyone else?!?! I really hope someone can help me.
Squirrel7Hunter

well. i guess it doesnt even matter if I posted how to use hyperdrive to go to other maps in the game ( sarcasm) since noone responds looks here, but mabey someone will actualy ANSWER <---- my question. Is it possible to not create a side folder and still have custom skins? because i have custom rep units but the side folder is about 100mb which is too much. If anyone know how, could they tell me any easier way and to save 100mb of space?

ps: I got my map to work. if anyone cares :?
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by yankeefan05 »

Sounds like a good idea. I care about this map. I hope it goes well.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

show us some more screens :D :D yes it easier.....maybe someone can send you a workiing side and you just edit it
Squirrel7Hunter

here are some udated screens of what I'm working on. I dont want to give too much away. I am working on lightingm first time using it.

I think u know what this picture means.... :D :D

Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

hehe nice! but rise the farcscenerange! then the blue disappears! and SaturnV made a staff......but i think it has no effects.......send a PM du penguin!
Squirrel7Hunter

ahh. so u can sort of get rid of the stupid fog. and I already tried saturns staff. I tried it with obiwon since he already has mellee attacks or whatever, in the spawn screen it appears hes holding nothing and when I click to play him, the game crashes. and I have sent about 2 or 3 pms to penguin on different questions and he/she hasent responded to anyof them so I dont think this one would be replied to.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

ohhh hm maybe you forgot the weapon file or sth else!
Squirrel7Hunter

has penquin released his version of the staff cause i cant find it.
Squirrel7Hunter

I have raised the farscenerange to 90000 and it hasnt changed
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

Great looking map, hmmm, you don't like the blue? It looks all mysteriousy

PS- (penguin's a girl)
Squirrel7Hunter

OK. I am having trouble with my flyer barriers. I have a venator above my map, the ground battle is underground so my arc170's try are attracted to that so they fly straight into the ground. I have put up barriers to stop them from crashing into the ground but they still do.
how do I stop them?
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic& ... t=barriers
This link might help... :wink:
If not; ask Tean

Post by Guest »

This map looks very interesting.
Keep up the good work!