WWII: Germany

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajong

Post by kajong »

Too late... here's a link to the new one
http://files.filefront.com/WWII_20zip/; ... einfo.html
enjoy
Jetbomb

Post by Jetbomb »

theres a cheat for the comic thing but thats for xbox, so i have no idea how you got this on PC
WaylandJr

Post by WaylandJr »

Downloading now it looks pretty good... reminds me of battlefield 1942!

off topic- Jetbomb your avatar is even more distracting that teancums one! though it is great... XD
richard

Post by richard »

Downloading now!

EDIT: How do you install this cause there are 2 maps :o
WaylandJr

Post by WaylandJr »

open the one marked with "R" for the realistic one and open the one marked with "F" for the commicy one with "pow" ect. then put the WW2 folder from which ever you seleceted into addon (you can only have one at once)... failing that you could put read the readme! ;)
kajong

Post by kajong »

Jetbomb wrote:theres a cheat for the comic thing but thats for xbox, so i have no idea how you got this on PC
Oh... I knew it was for another system but I didn't know what... well in the localize thing (thing that makes you change weapon names...) I saw a cheats folder and I saw the one for the comics. I as mad because PC didn't have it. Later on, when I made this level, I needed a knife for the German stormy. In the common lightsaber, I found "HitEffect = "com_sfx_sabrehit"
underneath, I found these...
AddHitEffect = "com_sfx_bif"
AddHitEffect = "com_sfx_pow"
AddHitEffect = "com_sfx_zap"
AddHitEffect = "com_sfx_blammo"
all you do is switch the "HitEffect" with one of the "AddHitEffect". I also made it so that instead of doing the sparks when it hits a wall, I changed the sfx to the comic stuff. Same with the grenade explosian
~EDIT~
I'm going to make better versions for the real one... maybe the cartoon one... I've already put posters for German Stormtroopers on the walls and put lamposts with Nazi flags on them, and the Nazi symbols on walls and above doors...
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

great job with the units and the effects
but the map....blah its just so flat and wide open
you would do well move the buildings closer together and maybe add some terrain variety
maybe make some cps inside houses :D
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Hebes24 »

I just got this map today, and I have to say you did a very nice job! My friends who know alot about WWII would love you (not literally)!!! sadly, they have BF2 for PS2 and cannot download this awesome map. (yikes! I rhymed alot! :? )

By the way, can someone help me resize my avatar??? :?: :?:
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

please stop asking that, once is enough, and how could you get this map for ps2?
btw, welcome to GT

I love the switch blade kajong
n0bs

Post by n0bs »

not to shabby at all...umm one thing that would greatly improve this map wud be if u cud replace the lasers with the rail gun type bullets then that wud be prety sick ummm and possible the map lay out cud be more complicated more town like more alley way combat and house to house raids u know old school WWII style but i already like the progress that this map is making great job again
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Sorry guys! I did ask too much didn't I :oops: . Though now it is fixed. :D

Anyway I agree with n0bs, it is empty in places. Otherwise still an awesome map! gtpwn
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

erm... *raises hand* I know a VERY darn good knife you guys could use, but L-5-R might kill me for releasing it (hint: look at Elite Sides Mod 2.0, Rebel Vanguard and Imperial Storm Commando)
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I remember requesting someone to make a knife model, then L-5-r made it, and letted the public use it. Oh ya, It's on his website.

EDIT- Here's the link for it.

http://thereisnotry.net/html/downloads.html