PXR Racing W.I.P

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrel7Hunter

PXR Racing W.I.P

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

Hey, I kind of got board doing nothing so I thought of somthing that might be fun , and I hope to get it for multi player, I tried to make the map of the podracing on tatooine. here are some screens, I probably will be using the speeders for racing since I cant use to make pod racers. Tell me what u think!

Fiminopter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Fiminopter »

YES!!!! I've always wanted a good racing map.
EsKiMo

Post by EsKiMo »

haha good idea man, cant wait to give this one a go :) , now if there were just some podracers models :roll:
Fiminopter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Fiminopter »

Actually, I like the Speeder Bikes to be on the map. Maybe....both?

Also, If you could perhaps increase the speed of the Speeder Bikes, that would be cool!
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Now to just design a checkpoint based objective..

Looking very cool. :D
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

change the normal speeders to the BARCs since barcs look more big and more like a racer..u could reskin
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Epena wrote:Now to just design a checkpoint based objective..

If you do a custom CP with a capture time of .5 seconds, the first person to caputre the CP by driving by would get the points.
ex2100

Post by ex2100 »

dude i posted a suggestion for someone to make this a while back under fun games to play in sbf2, i play it on mygeeto and snipers have to try and snipe the racers, ty soo much for making this

2 segestions put in tuskens and try to make the racers speeders have more armor because when i play it on mygeeto u are lucky to see both racers make it around the track alive
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I think I might make an example map of what I mean (it'd be really ugly, but functional) then have both the source and the compiled level available. Shouldn't take long.
Squirrel7Hunter

Teancum wrote:

If you do a custom CP with a capture time of .5 seconds, the first person to caputre the CP by driving by would get the points.
the problem is that its a circuit, And I was mabe thinking of doing mabye 2 or 3 laps but I guess you wouldnt really be able to keep track of whos on what lap. I'll think about doing that Tean thnks

I have upped the armor of the speeders because they take alot of hits in my map cause they go really fast. I was thinking of putting locals and having them in the stands just to watch.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah a circuit is gonna be tough. Point-to-point races would be easier.
pYRo

Post by pYRo »

it would be cool if you put in one of the elevator observatory things that anakins mom and the gang go up in to watch the race in ep. 1. i was actually thinking about putting the idea of the boonta eve race track in the suggestion forum, so good job getting to work on one
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

I recommend making a point-to-point race and some kind of alternate 2-flag CTF mode.

Both republic and CIS start at point A. Neither of them have weapons.
Both flags are there as well. The two flag-capture regions are at point B.

So both teams get the enemy flag and try to bring it to point B.
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

have some tuskens to camp somewhere on top of the canyons and using their beams rifle they snipe you...but dun make too many tuskens on field at once as their beams are effective against speeders.
Chamboozer
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Chamboozer »

Give the speeders more armor, jump and higher max speed, but make their acceleration somewhat slow.
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

I remember a map like this for SWBF1. There was a jump over a sandcrawler at the end. :D
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Wow. I had this idea when i was modding but i was making a map already. This will be fun and i know it. This looks a lot like the game SW Ep1 Pod racing or whatever it was called (i mean the actual track looks like the tracks of that game).

As alpha said, r u adding Tusken Raiders. If so make them less acurate so we dont die easily.
Squirrel7Hunter

yes. I have added the observatory, basically the elevator mod thing. I will add tuskins, I had changed the gravity scale on the bikes so when you go over a jump you go about 200 feet in the air (without boost). but you go to high so I will be lowering it,

Edit:
I have taken the elevator idea and twisted it abit. the first person to enter the region will trigger a fence that will come up from the ground and stop anyone else from going foward so we dont have debates on "who came first" and I have added flags to come up from the ground for the winner.
Last edited by Squirrel7Hunter on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Goto high and u crash if u go straight down.
Squirrel7Hunter

moncalamaridestroyer wrote:Goto high and u crash if u go straight down.
actually what I found out is that I could go as highg as I wanted to and I wouldnt crash or die, since the gravity was lowered I didnt fall back to the ground as quickly, I kindof glided through the air " like a swan through a bowl of jelly"