JediSupport: Kashyyyk/Kamino MiniMod

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

archer01

JediSupport: Kashyyyk/Kamino MiniMod

Post by archer01 »

!!!This is now in the beta stage. Go check the "Released Mods" forum!!!

Now how do I get rid of this thread?

*Second original post:
I've updated the minimod I've been working on to v1.1 and it is ready for download.

I've added a couple more force powers and two new unit classes: The Shield Breaker and the Jedi Hunter. Both new classes are available in the Clone wars era.

I've also expanded the minimod into the Kamino level so they can be used on either Kashyyyk or Kamino

Screens are here: http://images.filefront.com/41838;0#current_image

Download is here: http://files.filefront.com/jedisupportV ... einfo.html

It's still a WIP as I am going to add a couple more units (to the GCW) and expand it to a few more of the levels. Suggestions and comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

*Original Post:
Could someone please take the time to test this mini-mod I've been working on. It adds extra Jedi units to the Kashyyyk map that came with the game. It also includes my own attempt at creating some force powers: my own version of Jedi Mindtrick and Force Kill (read the readme to understand how to use them, especially F Kill).

I haven't been able to test it on another computer, nor online, so any bugs notification/balance suggestions would be nice.

The download is hosted here:
http://files.filefront.com/Kashyyyk_Jed ... einfo.html

Screenshots are there too.

Thanks.

Screens: http://images.filefront.com/41303;0#current_image
Last edited by archer01 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sniper_eye
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Kashyyyk MiniMod - Please test it

Post by Sniper_eye »

nice work!

1. Welcome archer :D , it's always good to have another member here at Gametoast
2. pls move this thread to the released mop/map section, before another admin does :wink:
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

He is testing it, not releasing it, so it should be here.
Sniper_eye
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sniper_eye »

hmmmmm i beg to differ, u see, this is an example of a beta, so basiclly, this should be placed in the released section :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

It's a test, in other words, a work-in-progress. It stays here.
RC-1290

Post by RC-1290 »

(but I'm sure he's still working on it, right?:))
was going to say this( and it seems I still do:P) but teancum was just a second earlyer(or I just didn't see his post before :S)
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Until then, why don't we consider this project alpha since he's only begun and no screenies have been posted yet?
Linus

Post by Linus »

Off-Topic: What's the different between beta and alpha..? :?
Blackdutchie

Post by Blackdutchie »

i like it i d/loaded it and i like it, the charge time for the sith warriors force kill should be lower tho
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Linus wrote:Off-Topic: What's the different between beta and alpha..? :?
An alpha is the first version working at all.
A beta is the version that is tested before it's finally released.
archer01

Post by archer01 »

Thanks for the welcome Sniper_eye.

So it does work properly on other systems? That's good to know. Thanks guys. Another question: The names of the weapons and stuff show up correctly right? Not as a random memory addresses?

This is indeed an early version. At first, I was just basically just making it as I went along, but it was fun working on it so I've made a list of some other stuff I'm going to/are working on and will add to it. I wouldn't mind any comments/suggestions anyone has, it might help develope some of my ideas a little more.

****Force Powers:

Likely possabilities:
Force Explosion - Damage focus on vehicles (with massive outwards concussion push from explosion)
Force Protect - Protection from damage for allies (buff)
Force Wound - Damage over time, longer shotdelay than heal
Force Rage - Rage status for allies
Battle Meditation - Provides protection bonus for nearby allies while decreasing defence of nearby enemies

Completed:
Mindtrick - Invisibility
Kill - ARRG *dead*
HealAlly - Heals an ally
Force Hold - Holds opponents in place, but stops your own movement (good for multiplayer) (Done, but still needs to be tested on a human player)

****Units:

Clones:
Shield Buster - Killer of shields but not much else (Done, almost, texture isn't working...)

CIS:
Jedi Hunter - Shielded unit with either avg blaster and strong mortar weapons OR an axe, fast moving unit

Alliance:
Missile Striker - Carries concusive missile launcher, good at causing chaos, not damage

Empire:
Bounty hunter - Large weapon selection including flamethrower, stealth field instead of jetpack (Jetpacks are reserved for the Fetts in my opinion)

General:
Jedi Sentinel - Jedi with support based force powers
Sith Assassin - Sith with status effect force powers

****Weapons:

Clonewars:
Sheild Eater: Uses two ordinances (weak normal, killer shield) (Done)
Armour Eater Genades (EMP): Lightning effect explosion, only good against vehicles

GCWar:
Con-Missile Barrage: Fires a stream of small missiles, don't do much damage overall, but huge "push" effect

End of stuff

Picture link! Just to meet with the "requirements" for this forum:
http://gallery.filefront.com/theodranis/41303/207011/
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Well if it's a downloadable WIP then I guess you don't have to have pictures but a lot of people prefer to see the map before they download it.
archer01

Post by archer01 »

It's not so much a "map" as it is an "add-on" to a map, but okay, I'll add the gallery link to the top. Thanks.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Cool force powers.
I love that force mindtrick.
But force kill doesn't work for - or what is it supposed to do ?
archer01

Post by archer01 »

Force Kill is a power that needs to be charged before released. I haven't figured out how to get the charge meter to show up yet.
Here's the bit about it from the readme:

Force Kill (Sith Warrior):
Usage: Select Force Kill as your secondary weapon. Then press AND HOLD the secondary fire button. Force kill is now charging. Keep an eye on the weapon icons in the bottom corner of the hud. After about 7-8 seconds the name Force Kill will appear again (as if you had just selected it), this indicates that it has been charged. Select a target, aim and release the button. Unless the target was using their lightsaber defence, or is greater than 16m away, they are now dead. Heros are no exception. However, beware of crowds when using this skill. Force kill is not the most accurate weapon, nor does it care about things like friend-or-foe. As of right now I haven't figured out how to get the charge bar to appear for a secondary weapon, sorry about that. Final note: Athough it may accidentially target them sometimes, this power does not work on droids. (In my mods the Sith are always on the droid side anyway, so whatever...)