Small changes for 1.3 r129 files

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Small changes for 1.3 r129 files

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I made some small changes manually to the existing game files common.lvl and shell.lvl that come from the 1.3 r129 patch. Most changes are little things that bothered me by default, so I think others may have felt the same way and desired a change.

Here is what you can do with the new files:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]
1) Added more options in video settings
2) Added the "Exit to Windows" button while in multiplayer
3) Added the cheat menu for galactic conquest
4) Conquest reinforcements limits set to min/max of 1 to 1000, increment by 25
5) CTF score limit set to min/max of 1 to 100, increment by 5
6) Assault score limit set to min/max of 1 to 1000, increment by 25
7) Hunt score limit set to min/max of 1 to 1000, increment by 25[/code]
Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Credits/Readme:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]Manual changes to 1.3 patch r129 game files by AnthonyBF2

common.lvl:
1)updated the script ifs_opt_pcvideo.lua to include more options in video settings
1)updated the script ifs_pausemenu.lua to include "Exit to Windows" button in multiplayer

shell.lvl:
1)updated the script ifs_freeform_menu.lua to include a cheat menu for galactic conquest
1)updated the script ifs_instant_options.lua to do four things;
1) min/max assault score limit 1 and 1000, increment by 25
2) min/max hunt score limit 1 and 1000, increment by 25
3) min/max conquest reinforcement limit 1 to 1000, increment by 25
4) min/max ctf score limit 1 to 100, increment by 5

install: replace the files from this download over the old files in the game's main _lvl_pc folder. Make a backup of old files first.
uninstall: replace the old files over these files in the game's main _lvl_pc folder

credits:
Gametoast for modding tutorials
Lucasarts for SWBF2
Zerted for 1.3 patch 129[/code]
All changes are made using this tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31820

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h541j ... Updates.7z
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Small changes for 1.3 r129 files

Post by Teancum »

NICE! I love the advanced video options. I had planned on doing a lowrez texture mod to use on my Chromebook (running Windows 10) to speed up the game. Maybe with so many additional options I won't have to.
Luke
Private First Class
Projects :: Caron Prime - Liberation Action
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 SWRC

Post by Luke »

I also downloaded because I wanted to have the advanced video settings. For motion blur and this stuff, is it required to install the enb mod?
Good work! :D
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I definitely will download this and try it out later on. These changes, though small, might have a more useful effect on the game! I will definitely try the advanced video settings as well, nice job as always Anthony!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I am not sure some of the video options work correctly, or at all. I changed HUD scale and nothing happened. Windowed mode works, but at first it puts the game in the top left of the screen, exiting to the main menu 1 time resets the game to the middle of the screen but there isn't any Windows framing. Using 16-Bit texture option seems to make things more like Battlefront 2 on the PS2. I don't really know what the other options do or if they work.
Teancum wrote:NICE! I love the advanced video options. I had planned on doing a lowrez texture mod to use on my Chromebook (running Windows 10) to speed up the game. Maybe with so many additional options I won't have to.
Making lower resolution textures isn't actually the number one lag killer. I have a very old Dell laptop which has forced me to learn which parts improve the game so I can share with you to save you time and help a bit.

Try some of these things which helped me:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]1) In the world .sfx files remove the Precipitation() data. (Rain, snow, lava ember, spores, etc)
2) Remove all foliage in worlds. Endor is just unplayable on my Dell laptop without doing this. This also helps a ton on Kashyyyk.
3) Remove mist and dust effects from worlds. This greatly improves performance on Polis Massa, Geonosis, and Hoth.
4) Remove rumbles regions in worlds.
5) Remove the "splashes" from maps like Geonosis and Kashyyyk.
6) In the world sky files set FarSceneRange and NearSceneRanger to small numbers. In Mos Eisley, default, they look like;
PC()
{
NearSceneRange(100.0, 150.0, 150.0, 200.0);
FarSceneRange(200.000000, 1000.0);
}
Setting them all to 25.0 almost doubled my fps. Other maps with high scene values are Kashyyyk, Geonosis and Hoth.
7) In SIDE\common assets, set all explosion odf files to use a different visual explosion effect. Mines and time bombs lag bad unless you set the explosion effect to something little. Detpack explosions have never been a problem but you can change them too if you wish. Grenade explosion effects lag only when a bunch go off in a short area at once (multiplayer - people spamming grenades in the Polis Massa doors)
There's a little tiny explosion effect that occurs when mines and detpacks expire, this is the effect I assigned to mines and time bombs which helps remove more lag.[/code]
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

Looks interesting. I might consider downloading it.

For the credits, instead of +100, +1000, etc, have add credits where you can enter in a custom integer of credits.

Otherwise, looks good.

I wonder if there's a thing where you can edit the damage ratio or damage multiplier for human infantry, ally AI infantry, enemy AI infantry, vehicles, turrets, etc. 0.1 meaning you are 10x stronger, and 10 meaning you are super vulnerable. This would be useful to give yourself a challenge where you're more vulnerable, and the enemy is stronger, or something where theres only you, you have lots of health and there are lots of enemies coming at you with normal health. I always thought about these things. I know the reinforcement count can be edited via fake console, but it would be nice to edit for each team individually before entering the battle, same with the unit count so it applies to each battle.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RedHardcore wrote:Looks interesting. I might consider downloading it.

For the credits, instead of +100, +1000, etc, have add credits where you can enter in a custom integer of credits.

Otherwise, looks good.

I wonder if there's a thing where you can edit the damage ratio or damage multiplier for human infantry, ally AI infantry, enemy AI infantry, vehicles, turrets, etc. 0.1 meaning you are 10x stronger, and 10 meaning you are super vulnerable. This would be useful to give yourself a challenge where you're more vulnerable, and the enemy is stronger, or something where theres only you, you have lots of health and there are lots of enemies coming at you with normal health. I always thought about these things. I know the reinforcement count can be edited via fake console, but it would be nice to edit for each team individually before entering the battle, same with the unit count so it applies to each battle.
Implementing a text entry form for setting screen items would require too much work, and most likely, the new script would be too large to insert into the already compiled lvl files. And you need to edit weapon odf files in side assets in order to change damage values.
EarlybirdZZ
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by EarlybirdZZ »

Well done, GC cheat menu seems especially handy.

One question about the video settings: What does the "Texture Quality" option do? I tried all the options (16 BIT, 32 BIT, and Compress) with texture detail both on low and high, and I can't see a noticeable change. Compress might have looked a little bit worse than the two other options, but maybe that's just me.

If you could explain what exactly this option does, I'd be grateful.

Cheers!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

EarlybirdZZ wrote:Well done, GC cheat menu seems especially handy.

One question about the video settings: What does the "Texture Quality" option do? I tried all the options (16 BIT, 32 BIT, and Compress) with texture detail both on low and high, and I can't see a noticeable change. Compress might have looked a little bit worse than the two other options, but maybe that's just me.

Cheers!
I am not too sure what they do either, but using 16 bit seemed to make textures somewhat blurry and dryish looking. It looks like the PS2 Battlefront 2 graphical settings.
titanbass1
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1+2

Post by titanbass1 »

Hey really cool additions with this mod! I have a couple quick questions though...
Is this still able to be used with the latest version of the 1.3 patch for the GOG update?
Is there a way to increase the XL score limit as well, possibly up to +2000 since those games don't take very long.
Great work!
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
EarlybirdZZ wrote:Well done, GC cheat menu seems especially handy.

Cheers!
I am not too sure what they do either, but using 16 bit seemed to make textures somewhat blurry and dryish looking. It looks like the PS2 Battlefront 2 graphical settings.
It's referring to the color depth of textures (it determines how many nuances of a certain color channel are possible to visualize). 8)
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Download link is dead!