UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ARC_Commander
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Custom Era Shell

Post by ARC_Commander »

I'd actually prefer if everything was all packed together nicely. It would make fresh installs much more convenient. Especially seeing as I'm in the middle of a hellish SWBF2 reinstall. It's failed 4 times... :cpu:
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

For the less technically-advanced world out there I think it would be almost vital that all that stuff be packaged together in one big super-mod. Those are all things that I think all those who own Battlefront II should install (a sort of unofficial patched version of the game--1.5 if you will.) It would be nice and easy to tell people, "First download the official Battlefront II 1.1 patch, then install the unofficial Battlefront II 1.5 patch."

Seriously, that would make life so easy. I would love it! :) Simplification is good.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Old stuff: I've uploaded a new version: LVL Mods revision 6 built.zip
It has map selection support for all the listed game modes and eras. I added in character icons for all eras except c and g. I didn't add the custom era icons I've been given. If you want to view the new era icons, you have to replace common.lvl. No extra localizations are included.

Since I will be combining the other mods into this one, I started over from a blank map. Only the custom era shell changes have been added in so far. Everything is under version control through Bazaar, a distributed revision control system. I plan to put a link to the Bazaar project on my website (zerted.getmyip.com) so you guys can download it and make changes if you want (in the future if you make any additions, you can push the changes back to me and I can make a new release). I was going to do that today, but a storm kept knocking out the power each time I tried to install a new OS on my server :( .

Edit, new stuff: So we figured out how to get the team icons to automatically change depending on the era you're playing, but we cannot get the team names to change. According to the scripting doc, there are only 8 predefined team names and the rest map to locals. There is a ScriptCB version of the SetTeamName() function, but I can't tell if it works differently.

I am not sure if I should include the automatic era/cp/side icon configuration or not. If its included, the team names show up as [Null] on the side selection screen unless you define local team names with the 'edit localization' tool. Please answer the poll: should the automatic icon changes be included even if the name changes can't be automatically done too?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Diet Dr. Pepper, worked hard on those icons :P

Do what's most easy for you. And don't forget the CP part.. Can't you setup a local team with the same name and localize that? I mean, there's also Jawa, Tusken Wampa Wookiees etc..
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I should be more clear: Each era will (and already does) have its own icon. What I am talking about is the icon which shows up in the unit selection screen and you click on it to swap sides, and the holo image that is floating over the CPs ingame. Those can be automatically changed, the team names and unit names for that team cannot be changed. Those are set to locals, which are in level.XXX.... Since its based off of the map's character code, I can't predefine them unless I do it for every possible era on every possible map and that would be a huge and ugly hack.

MandeRek is the one who finally figured out how to get the CP icons to automatically update. We were just missing part of a line in the CP odf files.

Notes for me: determine how the game does the wookie locals, are inside the map's strings? make sure the team switching icons really show up
woner11
Sith
Sith

Post by woner11 »

So if the units will be listed as Null either way, then we may as well have the icon.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Dude.. I found a line..

[quote= Documentations (in my own words)]

Code: Select all

Teamsetup
----
blablablablalbalbla

SetTeamIcon(team, name .. "_icon", "hud_reinforcement_icon", "flag_icon")
Dude! Make it:

SetTeamIcon(yuz, "yuz_icon", "hud_reinforcement_icon", "flag_icon")
And ofcourse with the icon added correctly, and the line in the odf! :D This should go above the team setup, under the sound.. Summin like that.. Is this the fix?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

MandeRek wrote:...Is this the fix?
No. All that happens automatically when you change

SetupTeams{
      all = {
         team = ALL,
         units = 20,
         reinforcements = 150,
         soldier = { "all_hero_chewbacca",9, 25},
      },
   }
to

SetupTeams{
      yuz = {
         team = ALL,
         units = 20,
         reinforcements = 150,
         soldier = { "all_hero_chewbacca",9, 25},
      },
   }
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Okay.. But i keep thinking! We got the cp icon thing working.. At least for a part
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

The less work modders have to do themselves, the better. Even if you can't put the names in automatically, I don't see why we would want leave out the icons. It's easier to put in team names on the localization tool than to add custom CP icons anyway, so if you do the hard part for us then we can certainly do the localization ourselves. :)
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The Custom Era Shell no longer really describes this mod. It adds munch more then just custom era support and it is no longer confined to shell.lvl changes. I'm trying to write documentation each step of the way for the things I'm doing, but I need to reference the mod so I need a name. I've mentioned LVL mods before, but I don't think thats much of a name. Would anyone mind it if I called it the Unofficial v1.3 patch? Someone mentioned that before, but I think it would be confusing if the patches jumped from v1.2 to v1.5. In theory, it will include the v1.2 patch.
woner11
Sith
Sith

Post by woner11 »

Why not. Let's just choose a name and stick with it. :yes:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Modders Upgrader Tool,

since you give modders the opp to make new eras (complete)
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

I like Unofficial 1.3 Patch. It's a lot like the official 1.1 patch, in that it adds additional features to allow for mod maps. It would also avoid confusion--calling it something like the Modder's Tool might make people think that it should only be downloaded by modders.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

I think that's true, but modders need to download it to define the team names and the icons.. Non modders just play the maps where this was applied to..
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

forgive me for the double post

----------------------MandeRek and [RDH]Zerted present..------------------------

New icons!
-----------------

This pack of icons consists of 6 new CP icons. Small index:

com_icon_newrep = New Republic's Icon (Sort of Alliance icon with stars)
com_icon_yuz = Yuuzhan Vong's Icon
com_icon_1 = General icon (A lightsaber and sword crossed)
com_icon_2 = General icon (Launcher and chaingun crossed)
com_icon_3 = General icon (A caped man)
com_icon_4 = General icon (Gunship)

The first two icons are for the Yuuzhan Vong era. When this modification is done, I'll also release sides for the New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong, with new weaponmodels, units etc.

The other 4 icons are for those remaining eras. Since not all lettres belong to canon eras, the user can decide what to make it and use these general icons, which aren't characteristic for any team.

Download

No pics, will add maybe later!
woner11
Sith
Sith

Post by woner11 »

Thanks and good job! :yes:
Culvar
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Culvar »

The gunship looks awesome. :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Would anyone mind it if I called it the Unofficial v1.3 patch?
I think that'd be perfect, but get with RepSharpShooter, because at one time I was talking with him about putting in the JKA Anakin and Obi-Wan models by Hapslash (if we had permission).

By the way, got your PM. I haven't heard anything from my sources.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Teancum wrote:...By the way, got your PM...
I should have taken that back. I noticed that even the Hunt mode non-standard sides don't have a team icon (the icon you click on to switch sides at the unit selection screen). If they didn't do it, I don't expect me to be able to fully figure it out. As far as I can tell, SetTeamIcon() does nothing. SetTeamName() does everything, including setting up the team icons.

RepSharpShooter doesn't mind the name. Welcome to the GT development topic of the v1.3 patch :yes: