Marvel4's BF1 Conversion Pack

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Re: Marvel4's BF1 Conversions (New: Geonosis: Spire)

Post by Marvel4 »

Anakin wrote: :? Why this in other maps are all sides changed and it doesn't crash
Because both Fisto and Asajj use very much animation/combo memory.

UPDATE: Engineers on Bespin: Platforms now have pilot skins.

UPDATE: Geonosis: Spire finished! :D
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Marvel, I tried to download the latest Rhen Var Citadel on your filefront page but it says it's an unknown file type, and I can't open it. I have other .exe files which are fine.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

I'm uploading it again right now, it should work this time.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Thanks very much :)

It happened for a few others as well.
K9Underdogg

Post by K9Underdogg »

I loved the Geonosis Spire conversion :D , the IG assassin droid was a very good choice. I think it would be cool if it also had the GCW era. There was an actual battle on Geonosis between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire that appeared on Rogue Squadron 3. Luke fought in his pilot outfit and the empire used the old republic gunships, it was kinda weird :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXL591BvlEY
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

I think it would be cool if it also had the GCW era.
Well, if a GCW version is made I'd use the green Imperial LAAT skin on Battlefront files (it was made for BF1 so should be under BF1 files).

Just finished playing Geonosis Spire and it was great! There were three problems I found though and have posted some suggestions on fixing them if you're interested.
Hidden/Spoiler:
LAAT/i Gunships
They ought to be slowed down. In BF1 the base speed was 0, slowed speed was negative so it reversed and foward speed was forward at a speed similar to the slowed speed on the current LAATs. I kept crashing them because they were too fast for the map, and couldn't hover and fire at the Techno Union ships like I used to in BF1. I'd suggest a least making the slowed speed 0.
The tricks should be removed too as the AI (and me :) ) always get killed when they're used, and they look a little silly on a LAAT. I've never managed to do this myself but the stock space transports can't do tricks so it can be done.
Also, have you considered making them mobile command posts like the space transports? That would fit with their purpose as troop carriers.

Clone Commander
I see you tried to make the sides make more sense than they do on stock Geonosis, and this was done very well with the CIS IG droid. The Republic Clone Commander looked a little odd however. The Clone Commander is a normal clone with yellow markings, but if you want to use the ARC commander I'd change the kama to red and replace the base override texture with that of the Clone Sharpshooter, which is the same but better quality. You could also change the heavy trooper to a standard clone skin and make the Commander a blue ARC, which would make the ARC's armament a lot more logical. Just don't use the Rail ARC, which is full of bugs (of the computer kind, not the Geonosian kind :) ) which cause CTDs.

Blaze of Glory
Did you put flyer splines in? The LAATs and Geonosian fighters crashed into rocks a few times, which was weird for the LAATs but funny for the Geonosians. Sloppy bugs. :P
:maulsaber:
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

I think it would be cool if it also had the GCW era.
I will probably not, sorry.
Lagomorphia wrote: LAAT/i Gunships
They ought to be slowed down. In BF1 the base speed was 0, slowed speed was negative so it reversed and foward speed was forward at a speed similar to the slowed speed on the current LAATs. I kept crashing them because they were too fast for the map, and couldn't hover and fire at the Techno Union ships like I used to in BF1. I'd suggest a least making the slowed speed 0.
I think with slowed speed 0 it would be just too unrealistic, in BF1 I didn't like that, too...
Also I didn't feel they were too fast.
The tricks should be removed too as the AI (and me :) ) always get killed when they're used, and they look a little silly on a LAAT. I've never managed to do this myself but the stock space transports can't do tricks so it can be done.
Also, have you considered making them mobile command posts like the space transports? That would fit with their purpose as troop carriers.
The AI shouldn't use the tricks anymore, since it should normaly be disabled for them when SetGroundFlyerMap(1) is in the lua.
But I will think about replacing the LAATs with the space variants, so the tricks are removed and they will be mobile CPs.
Clone Commander
I see you tried to make the sides make more sense than they do on stock Geonosis, and this was done very well with the CIS IG droid. The Republic Clone Commander looked a little odd however. The Clone Commander is a normal clone with yellow markings, but if you want to use the ARC commander I'd change the kama to red and replace the base override texture with that of the Clone Sharpshooter, which is the same but better quality. You could also change the heavy trooper to a standard clone skin and make the Commander a blue ARC, which would make the ARC's armament a lot more logical. Just don't use the Rail ARC, which is full of bugs (of the computer kind, not the Geonosian kind :) ) which cause CTDs.
I tried both textures, but I like the darker red more.
The kamas color doesn't change, even though I changed the texture in the odf.
Blaze of Glory
Did you put flyer splines in? The LAATs and Geonosian fighters crashed into rocks a few times, which was weird for the LAATs but funny for the Geonosians. Sloppy bugs. :P
I tried that, but it looked... strange, because it was always the same. Also, you will never get to fly them (besides when using them from the beginning) because they're flying so perfectly that they will never get killed.
Last edited by Marvel4 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

I think with slowed speed 0 it would be just too unrealistic, in BF1 I didn't like that, too...
Speed 0 would mean they hover, which LAATs do, thanks to their repulsorlifts. You see it in Republic Commando when you're deployed and when you're rescued.

If you do use the space variant could you see if you could keep the opened doors?

Up to you though. :D
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

Lagomorphia wrote: Speed 0 would mean they hover, which LAATs do, thanks to their repulsorlifts. You see it in Republic Commando when you're deployed and when you're rescued.
Yes, and in BF they do this too, but just when landing and when they take off. :wink:
But I never saw a gunship just "standing" in the air, it just looks very odd.
If you do use the space variant could you see if you could keep the opened doors?
Oh, I forgot that. Well, then I'll keep the ground variant. :wink:
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

But I never saw a gunship just "standing" in the air, it just looks very odd.
In RC when you leave the exploding control ship a gunship moves over to the hole in the hull and hovers waiting for you to get onboard. When you leave the droid factory one is hovering over the landing platform waiting for you, but this one is firing its guns at everything.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

Okay, you're right. Forgive my stupidness. :runaway:
I think I just take the one from BF1. :wink:

EDIT: Update on Geonosis: Spire: Replaced the gunship with the one from BF1 and removed tricks. Also removed tricks for Bespin: Platforms Cloud Car.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I gotta say it's awesome that a newcomer to the site has contributed so much so fast. On top of that the conversions look top notch. :thumbs:

***EDIT***

Just played a match on Bespin: Platforms. Clearly you know your stuff. The AI are a lot smarter when in an aircraft, the vehicle repair droids are there, and all of the sounds are set up. I had only one complaint. The lighting color changes to a reddish tone off in the distance making the farther platforms look off-colored, as seen in this pic:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that this is perfect. It certainly is better than the Convo Pack version as far as sheer stability and professionalism is concerned.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

Teancum wrote:I gotta say it's awesome that a newcomer to the site has contributed so much so fast. On top of that the conversions look top notch. :thumbs:
Thank you very much! :D
***EDIT***

Just played a match on Bespin: Platforms. Clearly you know your stuff. The AI are a lot smarter when in an aircraft, the vehicle repair droids are there, and all of the sounds are set up. I had only one complaint. The lighting color changes to a reddish tone off in the distance making the farther platforms look off-colored, as seen in this pic:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that this is perfect. It certainly is better than the Convo Pack version as far as sheer stability and professionalism is concerned.
Yes, thats because the fog color was red, but I'll change that now.
EDIT: Done. :yes:

And one question: Which next map should have Kit Fisto?
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

In my opinion, I would use a different hero to Kit Fisto, as I think he has been overused lately, although he is fun to play. For Kamino I would stick to Obi-Wan, and Jango but you could change the stock heros for the GCW era. It's all down to personal preference though.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Problem with Geonosis: LAAT is classed as a vehicle rather than a starfighter, meaning I can't take off. I had to wait for the AI to take off, then jump in at the last second. Once I was flying though it was great, although the only way out of the LAAT was in a body bag. :D

I couldn't do tricks in the Geonosian fighters however, which was a bit problematic.

Have you tried the Sharpshooter skin for the ARC commander? He was still strange looking with a blue kama when I played it. Perhaps you could give him a yellow normal clone skin like the commanders in the film?
The kamas color doesn't change, even though I changed the texture in the odf.
That's probably because you already munged with the blue one and it's still there; try using 'Clean' (you may need to do a manual one) or rename the texture to something else and hex-edit the msh to use that one.

Platforms was really fun though. I remember at one point having to avoid an Anti-Air gun that was aiming at the trooper I was playing, then it was destroyed by another enemy AA-gun shooting at me too! :lol: Stupid droids.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I would suggest using more community-made heroes rather than Kit Fisto again. Kit and Asajj are awesome, as are all the default heroes, but using 1-2 new heroes would be great, too. A few I'd recommend:
  • Kyle Katarn
  • Mara Jade (I can give you the updated version)
  • Durge
  • Komari Vosa
  • Bossk -or- Greedo (I can give you the source files)
  • Starkiller/Galen Marek (I can give you the source files)
  • Luminara Unduli
  • Plo Koon (Deviss's version, which I have)
LINK TO SOURCE FILES: (some aren't in here, but I would be happy to give them to you)
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

Do you have a link other than filefront for the new maps i seam to be having trouble with it? :cry:
Also tean do you think you coulde send me the updated mara jade?
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Maybe convert Naboo: Plains and use Jar Jar Binks as the hero? :funny2:
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Marvel4 »

Lagomorphia wrote:Problem with Geonosis: LAAT is classed as a vehicle rather than a starfighter, meaning I can't take off. I had to wait for the AI to take off, then jump in at the last second. Once I was flying though it was great, although the only way out of the LAAT was in a body bag. :D
Well, I had no problems with the LAAT... :?
I couldn't do tricks in the Geonosian fighters however, which was a bit problematic.
Yes, I removed the tricks.
Have you tried the Sharpshooter skin for the ARC commander? He was still strange looking with a blue kama when I played it. Perhaps you could give him a yellow normal clone skin like the commanders in the film?
I think the kama is more of a grey color. Maybe I'll try a yellow commander, but I like the ARC commander more.
That's probably because you already munged with the blue one and it's still there; try using 'Clean' (you may need to do a manual one) or rename the texture to something else and hex-edit the msh to use that one.
No, I used the rep_inf_arc_pack_red from the beginning (and as you can see, the pauldron is red), I'll try renaming it to rep_inf_arc_pack_blue and it should work.
Platforms was really fun though. I remember at one point having to avoid an Anti-Air gun that was aiming at the trooper I was playing, then it was destroyed by another enemy AA-gun shooting at me too! :lol: Stupid droids.
Yes, happened to me too. :)

For the heroes, I want to use Kit Fisto once more, because I used him in just 2 maps and Asajj in 3. There will also be new heroes like Tatooine Luke and the Queen of Naboo.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Yes, I removed the tricks.
Why? They're not exactly heavy gunships and could do with the agility, especially seeing as they're going very fast on a small (relatively) map.

Well, I had no problems with the LAAT...
It's not just my computer; when you go into controls it starts by default selecting the type of object you're flying. With Geonosian fighters it selected Starfighter, but with the LAATs it chose vehicle. The AI were fine with taking off, but I couldn't because vehicles don't have a take off key.