Rising Conflict 0.9 (beta-ish)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Rising Conflict 0.9 (beta-ish)

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Ok, found something interesting. The geonosian worker, he will explode into battle droid parts when you kill him or fall and suddenly become a B1 battle droid when killed.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Ok, found something interesting. The geonosian worker, he will explode into battle droid parts when you kill him or fall and suddenly become a B1 battle droid when killed.
Well, that's definitely something I'm going to want to fix. I think I put it's class parent as the b1 engineer, which would make it use all the death info from cis_inf_default, hence the explosion/parts. Should be quick/easy fix, thanks for pointing that out TWINKEY!
I've decided I will be adding heroes in v1.0. Other than scripting that in I can't think of too many things that would hold v1.0 from being released, so look out, it may come pretty soon :thumbs: .

EDIT: Hey TWINKEY would you like to beta test v1.0 when it's ready for a beta? It'd also be cool if you could make another cover photo for it like the one you did for 0.9.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I would be honored to and given a day or two, I would be happy to record gameplay footage to show off your work. I keep links and beta's of this nature strictly confidential so you need not worry about it getting out earlier than it should.

Edit: Also since ill be receiving this beta, I have stopped work on my article and will do an impressions kind of thing and mini review for when I get the newer beta.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:I would be honored to and given a day or two, I would be happy to record gameplay footage to show off your work. I keep links and beta's of this nature strictly confidential so you need not worry about it getting out earlier than it should.

Edit: Also since ill be receiving this beta, I have stopped work on my article and will do an impressions kind of thing and mini review for when it is officially released.
Well there's only two things left to do:
1. Finish diversifying republic side (different skins/models), I've already started, but I've got to work out a few bugs
2. AI hero support- haven't started, the only problem is it will take a while to get every script updated
I'll pm you with a link to the beta when I've got it ready. And having that game footage and review will be nice for the official release thread here! Thanks :)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Ok experienced some weird glitch with the engineer on tantive IV. You know the computer room that has 2 entrances? Well by those doors when you try to put/launch a turret, it will just glitch through the map.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Ok experienced some weird glitch with the engineer on tantive IV. You know the computer room that has 2 entrances? Well by those doors when you try to put/launch a turret, it will just glitch through the map.
I've experienced some weird things with turret placement myself, I've never found a work around (it's most likely a problem with collision meshes in both the map and the turret), and it usually works fine so I'm not that worried about it. Though I wish I could think of a way to fix it.
But good news!
v1.0 is basically done, (couldn't get the darn heroes to work with or without the hero support scripts) so I'll be sending that beta by friday (hopefully at least - school just started so I'll be busier than usual :runaway: )
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

In the event If I don't respond due to log in issues I have been having here , see if you can send me a pm through here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/twinkeyrunaway?feature=mhee

Just a got a newer, but lower spec pc. So im adjusting and downloading stuff :p Im free from college on friday so that will be perfect!
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:In the event If I don't respond due to log in issues I have been having here , see if you can send me a pm through here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/twinkeyrunaway?feature=mhee

Just a got a newer, but lower spec pc. So im adjusting and downloading stuff :p Im free from college on friday so that will be perfect!
I'll send one to both just in case. Just have to button up a few things.
I'll also be asking for a couple more testers in the "all purpose request forum" (so if you're reading this and would like to test v1.0, feel free to say so).
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

would you like it if this was tested online?
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

It would be nice to know for sure if it is online compatible, so yes, that would be a positive.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Standard Un-rendered Gameplay from My old Laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8rLegU ... r_embedded

I have higher quality videos coming up, they will be in HD and full screen with no lag. I am just waiting for tuesday to upload. I have this new series im working on called "Twinkey Tuesdays" where I have some pro looking effects and commentary to boot. :D And I gotta say, its going to be an honor to have the newer beta as my first episode. Ive seen some videos where there is black bars on the side, the commentator's voice is like that of a little kid(though im guessing a few of them are) and there is inconsistency. You can expect none of that, going to do my best to provide quality, not quantity.

New cover art :
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by TWINKEYRUNAWAY on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Standard Un-rendered Gameplay from My old Laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8rLegU ... r_embedded

I have higher quality videos coming up, they will be in HD and full screen with no lag. I am just waiting for tuesday to upload. I have this new series im working on called "Twinkey Tuesdays" where I have some pro looking effects and commentary to boot. :D And I gotta say, its going to be an honor to have the newer beta as my first episode. Ive seen some videos where there is black bars on the side, the commentator's voice is like that of a little kid(though im guessing a few of them are) and there is inconsistency. You can expect none of that, going to do my best to provide quality, not quantity.
Wow, this is really great, I really appreciate it :thumbs:
I just need to package up v1.0 and pm you the link (should be later today).
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

New cover art :
Hidden/Spoiler:
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:New cover art :
Hidden/Spoiler:
Even better than the last ones (the shot of the Clone Commander looks especially good), man I can't wait to get you this beta (not at my modding pc at the moment). Looks like other people took some gameplay videos as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3c9MusJ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FOM_77 ... re=related

EDIT: PM sent
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

I like it!Nice job!!!
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

DylanRocket wrote:I like it!Nice job!!!
Thank you, do you have any comments/concerns I should take into account for v1.0?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Well,the Yavin doesn't work for me.I really like the Dantooine!Nice job! :plokoon: