Rising Conflict 0.9 (beta-ish)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Rising Conflict 0.9 (beta-ish)

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Well I haven't been with gametoast very long, but I think I'm due for a release topic. So here's my first "big" mod:
Rising Conflict: CW
It's a fairly basic side mod which adds a new "Rising Conflict: CW" era to all stock maps (except Endor and Hoth). The mod also adds two new maps as well as new game modes for several maps (specified in Readme).
The reason I dubbed this a "beta-ish" is due to the fact that essentially I've never released anything before. This is a sort of "open beta", so please feel free to post comments, criticism, jokes, advice and suggestions (for future versions).
Download link(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ot84z5upq2ch1mh
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... _CW;121144

But enough talk, pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
And the Readme:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rising Conflict: CW
a side mod for SWBFII
Version: 0.9 BETA
By: Dreadnot9

Overview:
-------------------
1. Basic Description
2. Installation
3. Content
4. Notes
5. Known issues/bugs
6. Credits (and boy are there a lot)
-------------------

Basic Description:
-------------------
This side mod adds a new era (Rising Conflict: CW) to all stock maps as well as incorporating two new maps.
It incorporates a new class system that deviates slightly from SWBFII's. The new classes are as follows: soldier, sniper, engineer, rocketeer, anti-infantry, support, special (will vary) and commander class.
The mod also brings in a few new game modes (team deathmatch, deathmatch, VIP, wave and Uber) on certain maps (specified in 'Content' section).

Installation:
-------------------

Extract the RIC folder from the ZIP file to the Battlefront II\GameData\addon folder.
To unistall simply delete the folder.

Content:
-------------------
Game modes (stock maps)-
Conquest on: all stock maps
Uber on: kashyyyk, geonosis, felucia, mygeeto
Team DM on: coruscant, felucia, mustafar, mygeeto, naboo, tantive IV, mos eisley, yavin IV
VIP on: tantive IV

New maps-
Dantooin: Settlement - conquest, team DM, survival, uber
Yavin IV: Arena - conquest, deathmatch, 1flag, team DM, wave

Notes:
-------------------
-You must have the official 1.1 patch installed to play this mod
-You must have the Unoffical v1.3 patch installed for this to function properly
-I know for sure this is compatible with DT2, it's most likely compatible with all other mods as well
-SHOULD be online compatible (untested)
-Using the orbital strike beacon a lot will cause the game to crash. This can't be avoided (it uses a lot of memory)
-Two documents (class system and weapons) outline the basic class system and weapons in this mod, read through them if you like

Known issues/bugs:
-------------------
-Some custom sounds may be too quiet/loud
-BX disguise kit doesn't do anything other than change player model (AI will still attack, may fool people in MP)
-OOM Battledroid skin is too shiny, I'm looking for a new model
-stealth is missing HUD icon
-odd texture issue with FC-1 flechette launcher. Seems to go from all there, to all black (usually when under something), no idea what's going on here
-droideka weapon icon is missing
-I believe that's all for bugs, if you find any issues please PM on gametoast (username: Dreadnot9) or post a comment (if downloading from filefront)

Credits:
-------------------
Scripts -
Zerted: deathmatch mode script
Maveritchell: wave and VIP mode script bases

Models -
Wazmol*: CIS lander model, pauldron addon mesh, visor addon msh, model used for EMP pistol
BFX assets: used several odfs as templates/references, as well as models (such as the magnaguard) and textures
DarthD.U.C.K.: dt-57, dc-17 pistols, two hand grip animations, snowtrooper pack, dual pistol animation, dual pistols FPM, new grenade models, improved clone commandos pack
NeoMarz: clone commandos pack
Majin Revan: clone commando source files (including custom sounds)
Pahricida: DC-15A model
CodaRez: dc15s side arm FPM
Syth: clone trooper V1 det model, underhand chaingun animations
Caleb1117: underhand chaingun model
AceMastermind: droid sniper model
marvel4: clone commander player model
RepSharpshooter: FC-1 flechette launcher model
OOM-9: DC-15 carbine model
kinetosimpetus: DC-15A animations, DC-17 pistol model, BX commando droid pack
icemember/Deviss-rex: reloaded (or remastered) clones model pack (used for clone trooper, support trooper, heavy gunner trooper and rocketeer)
icemember: white clone skins, nemodian model, clone models
DEV/AQT/Dragonum: AT-RT driver model/skins
AQT/ANDEWEGET/DarthD.U.C.K.: ACP repeater model, DC-17m models,
Sky_216: Dalonni village objects, jet droid model, cis shotgun model
Lord Bandu: dantooine tree
psych0fred: dwarf spider droid
RogueKnight/Pahricida: new DN bolt caster model
RogueKnight: DP-23 model
Dakota: emp pistol effects
Gametoast: great community, helpful tutorials, feeding my addiction to this game
LucasArts/Pandemic: all stock game content, the mod tools and for creating such a great game.

*or Wazmol69, I'm not 100% sure which he prefers
Oh, and one last picture:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image :greeny:
EDIT: Hmm, well images don't seem to show up in my browser, here's a link to the album with several screenshots: Click!
EDIT 2: Screenshots should be available in this post now, thanks go to THEWULFMAN
EDIT 3: Filefront link added
Last edited by Dreadnot9 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Re: Rising Conflict 0.9 (beta-ish)

Post by yuke5 »

Looks promising. I'll give it a try.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You may want to try something besides imageshack. Photobucket works pretty well for me. I once experienced the same problem.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Here are the images. You need to use direct links. However I recommend Dropbox in the future. It's way easier to use its Public folder once installed for images.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Here are the images. You need to use direct links. However I recommend Dropbox in the future. It's way easier to use its Public folder once installed for images.
Thanks! I'll be sure to set use that in the future.
yuke5 wrote:Looks promising. I'll give it a try.
Feedback would be appreciated (if you've got the time of course). Thanks.
TheManWithNoPlan
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: A Sneaky Wiener

Post by TheManWithNoPlan »

This isn't too bad at all! I was impressed with your use of effects, animations, skins etc. It's always nice to see new blaster bolts, explosions and animations. I love the sounds too. The sounds and effects that have been around for 7 (almost 8) years get a little boring and can make a mod look sub-par immediatly. Good job on that.

I haven't seen any bugs yet accept for a crash-to-desktop error when I tried to play a seperate map after wave mode on dantooine (I cannot remember what map it was). That happens often though when I try to play several mod maps in the same playlist. Other than that nothing noticable at first glance.

One big issue I had was the unit imbalance. The SBD and Droideka heavily over power the clone support trooper and gunner. Sometimes I would only win with a dozen troops as the Republic, but as the CIS I'd have anywhere between 50-100+ if I was playing Uber mode. It was quite frustrating at times.

You did a nice job bro, despite the imbalance and lack of variety in skins, it was well put together and enjoyable to play...except when I run into a SBD :( haha

Excellent for a first :thumbs: I hope to see more from ya soon!
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:I haven't seen any bugs yet accept for a crash-to-desktop error when I tried to play a seperate map after wave mode on dantooine (I cannot remember what map it was). That happens often though when I try to play several mod maps in the same playlist. Other than that nothing noticable at first glance.
Yeah that happens to me as well, if you gave me which map/game mode it was I can double check to make sure it doesn't crash ALL the time.
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:One big issue I had was the unit imbalance. The SBD and Droideka heavily over power the clone support trooper and gunner. Sometimes I would only win with a dozen troops as the Republic, but as the CIS I'd have anywhere between 50-100+ if I was playing Uber mode. It was quite frustrating at times.
How would you suggest balancing those two out? I could reduce the SBD's health and remove the wrist rockets. With the droidekas I could either a) weaken the sheild strength, b) weaken weapons, c) slow them down overall. What do you think would have the best balancing effect?
TheManWithNoPlan
Recruit Womprat Killer

I'm sorry I don't remember the map that crashed.. and with the balance I think the SBD should have a bit less health. Since that and the Republic gunner (the one with the chain gun) have the same unit role, they should balance each other out- meaning they have similiar health and damage. Not the same, but similiar. Perhaps the SBD can have more health, keep the weapons but have less damage while the Republic gunner is the oppisite- more damage but less health. With the Droideka, I wouldn't change it, but there's just no Republic unit that can counter-act it. I'd bump up the Republic Support trooper to make up for it.

With two great CIS units, you need equally as great Republic units.

I don't want you to do exactly as I say haha, but they're just some general ideas :wink: I would just play with it a bit. The weapons are fine (but maybe give the Republic Support trooper a rifle or carbine instead of a pistol).
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Well I think I'll reduce the SBD's health slightly, as well as reduce the power of the wrist rockets (lower the damage radius most likely). I could also up the damage done by the chaingun (I think rounds only do something like 20 damage each shot right now).
I'm not sure what to do with the Republic Support trooper, maybe I could give the Jettrooper the EMP pistol, and give the support trooper a DC-15A with grenade launcher attachment (I think I've already got that setup as well :) ). Should he stick with his other gear? I could give the orbital strike beacon to the Clone Commander.
Also, in future version do you think I should add more variation to the sides. For instance the republic would have the galactic marines, forest troopers or the plain legions. And the cis could have variation in: IG assassin droid used more (as a sniper on some maps perhaps), more skins (I think I've got some snow and forest skins on my hard drive somewhere), maybe use the nemodian mercenary from the BFX assets. The only reason I haven't done this is that it would increase file size quite a bit (well, that depends how I do it I suppose), and I don't know if it's worth it, especially for a mostly cosmetic change.
Thanks for all the feedback, it's all been helpful so far!

EDIT: SBD's health lowered from 1400 to 1000, wrist rocket damage decreased. Z-6 damage went from 20 to 35.
TheManWithNoPlan
Recruit Womprat Killer

No problem!

Well with the skins yes I'd definately add more clone legions and variations to the CIS. I think your equipment setups for the Republic are good, but the orbital strike beacon would be awesome. It gives that extra "oomf" to the whole experience. I also think the DC-15A grenadier is a good idea, along with the EMP pistol. Sounds interesting

With adding that mercenary from BFX that's just totally up to you. If you can do it without increasing file size too much hey why not! It's just a matter of finding a way to do it- if you think it's worth the time and work.

I appreciate you being open to ideas... it's a necessity for modding :thumbs:
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:Well with the skins yes I'd definately add more clone legions and variations to the CIS. I think your equipment setups for the Republic are good, but the orbital strike beacon would be awesome. It gives that extra "oomf" to the whole experience. I also think the DC-15A grenadier is a good idea, along with the EMP pistol. Sounds interesting
Well here's what I've got planned for variation-
Republic: Marines, Phase I clones, and the forest troopers (41st legion?) from kashyyyk.
CIS: IG assassin droid as a sniper, nemodian engineer (BFX model), camo sniper, new shadow droid (I think I'll make my own skin for this, don't want to take everything from BFX).
I'll work some more on the Support trooper, see what I can get out of it. I could go for a more marine-like trooper: DC-15A with grenade launcher, DC-17 pistol, Incendiary grenade, Medpacks. I could replace him with one of these ideas as well: grenadier, airborne trooper or a scorch trooper.
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:With adding that mercenary from BFX that's just totally up to you. If you can do it without increasing file size too much hey why not! It's just a matter of finding a way to do it- if you think it's worth the time and work.
Oh it's worth the time and work if it'll improve the mod. I think I'll go for it, new sides shouldn't take up TOO much space if I use the methods in the FAQ topic on reducing file size. So I'll try it out and see.

EDIT: Well, this might really unbalance things, but I think I'll add a B3 Ultra Battledroid to the CIS, I think it's a really cool unit, and would be a lot of fun (IMO). But I'll have to offset that with some more powerful REP units (add RC to conquest?).
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Do you have permission to use the BFX Assets? ARC_Commander does not want BFX assets used for other era mods. He hasn't been around in awhile so I'm not sure how you could get permission from him...
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Well, rather, he said they can be used as examples and references, but yeah.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:Do you have permission to use the BFX Assets? ARC_Commander does not want BFX assets used for other era mods. He hasn't been around in awhile so I'm not sure how you could get permission from him...
Marth8880 wrote:Well, rather, he said they can be used as examples and references, but yeah.
Well I searched around for him, but couldn't located him anywhere :runaway: . The majority of what I'm using the assets for is what Marth said however (example odfs and the like), but a few models I believe come from there (Magnaguard and Trandoshan come to mind).
I was going off this from the Site Rules:
If you cannot find a way to contact the author after a week of searching (emails, forums, sites, etc) then use the content but once again, credit the author with big thanks. Either way if you don't receive a reply mention in your readme that you tried to contact that author.
I SHOULD change the readme to mention the "tried to contact" part. However this, section applies to converting community made models, I'm not sure if the same applies to released assets. What's the protocol here (I'm a little new to the community)?
It's not too bad if I have to remove the models in question, there are several other models of the same things out that I could replace them with, and I wouldn't want to go against ARC_Commander's wishes.

EDIT: Well I've gone through and removed all models/files directly from the BFX assets.
To be clear, it's perfectly acceptable for me to use odf's as a reference correct?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Dreadnot9 wrote:Well I've gone through and removed all models/files directly from the BFX assets.
I don't think ARC_Commander made any models for BFX. He mainly did ODFs, reskins, and a couple of effects here and there. In my opinion, you'll probably be okay using files from the BFX assets in your mod, whether as a reference or as is, but just don't go overboard with them Here's my reasoning if you care to know. I think it makes perfect sense, but I'm probably just self-delusional. Either way, you won't get into trouble or anything.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Thanks AQT, that's reasurring :thumbs: . I believe I fall within those guide lines (I used two grenade explosion effects for sure, as well as the shadow trooper skin). I might keep the model changes for V1.0 anyways, I don't want it to feel like BFX with two or three changes.
AQT wrote:I think it makes perfect sense, but I'm probably just self-delusional. Either way, you won't get into trouble or anything.
It made sense to me as well, once again, thank you.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Sir, first I want to say good job. I like the over the shoulder camera position. Its actually quite refreshing because it feels a little different from the vanilla game. I really do like your class units which are very well done and thought out. I can see that the suggestion to nerf the SBD and Droikeka has already been taken into consideration. Ive been playing this for a few weeks now. No noticeable glitches yet. I like the implemented wave modes, though the AI isn't much of a match for a jedi :funny2: .

As for suggestions, maybe we can get some different skins for a few places. I noticed with some clone units that have that should pad thing arc troopers have, its a tiny bit high. Well it is not to noticeable but you can tell it rises a little bit from the neck area. One thing that I did catch was that with clone commander when switched to the binoculars, it doesn't respond when pressing the zoom button unless you push the forward axis then it responds and zooms. Other than that I am looking forward to an updated beta or possible first full release.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:As for suggestions, maybe we can get some different skins for a few places.
This will be included in the next beta/full release (not sure which will come next).
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:I noticed with some clone units that have that should pad thing arc troopers have, its a tiny bit high. Well it is not to noticeable but you can tell it rises a little bit from the neck area.
This is most likely on the heavy trooper because the pauldron I'm using for him is an addon mesh, I've noticed this a couple of times as well, but I didn't think it was too major an issue.
And as for your problem with the binoculars, I haven't really noticed that (though to be perfectly honest I rarely use them in combat, and hadn't done extensive testing/tweaking with them other than "yep, they work"). I'll look into that though.
Thanks for the suggestions and compliments!
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

zoom works differently whether the zoom rate is set to 0 (stock snipers) or some number, which it sounds like the binoculars are set with. In that mode, movement is not allowed, and moving forward and backward instead adjusts the zoom instead of by pressing the zoom button twice.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

kinetosimpetus wrote:zoom works differently whether the zoom rate is set to 0 (stock snipers) or some number, which it sounds like the binoculars are set with. In that mode, movement is not allowed, and moving forward and backward instead adjusts the zoom instead of by pressing the zoom button twice.
That's what they are supposed to do (and they do it to the best of my knowledge). I think twinkey was saying that sometimes when you press the zoom button it doesn't automatically go into zoom mode until you press the arrow keys.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I am writing an article about this mod. I am very impressed with what has been done so far. Right now documents like this are not published yet into a website, but I am only taking into account mods that have that boom to it. Like this one.

Please don't personalize your text (i.e. type in all bold for no reason). -Staff