Alzoc 3 - Blizzard 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Alzoc 3 - Blizzard 1.0

Post by GAB »

(WIP Thread)

Well, after almost one year since it's announcement, it is finally out. Here I am to present everyone my second SWBF2 map, Alzoc 3 - Blizzard. As most of you already know, this map takes place on Alzoc 3. A frozen snowy planet.

The battles will happen under an intense snowstorm. Your main enemies here will be the extreme cold and low visibility, making the combat a wearing engagement. A nearby abandoned facility is a good place to take shelter from the hazards outside, but be aware, a hostile can be waiting for you where you least expect.

After you fight through the freezing temperatures outside in the Conquest mode, don't forget to try the CTF mode. This will be a tough and grueling match through the facility's narrow tunnels. If you have the flag, don't waste your time to shoot your enemies. Ram through them fearlessly and you will be able to acheive victory here.

After CTF, try the Hunt mode. Taking place deep inside the cold and haunting core of the facility, this will be a challenge to your close combat skills. I defy you to survive an entire match in this one.

Well, enough text. Time for the pictures of the final result:
Hidden/Spoiler:
And why not a Release Trailer?

Download Links:
MOD DB (7z, 31MB)
MEDIAFIRE (7z, 31MB)
MEDIAFIRE (RAR, 36MB)
MEDIAFIRE (ZIP, 44MB)

If you're interested, you can download the source files of this map as well the ones of all my other works here

Now, have fun and I hope you enjoy my map. :thumbs:

Note:
The original release of this map does not detect whether the player has Battlefront Extreme and/or Dark Times II installed. Consequently, both BFX eras and DT2 will always appear on the era selection list regardless of whether they are installed or not. The fixed addme below corrects this issue and makes everyting work the way it should by only displaying the installed eras.

DOWNLOAD LINK (7z, 1KB)

Just replace the addme.script file inside addon/AL3 with this new file and you will be set (make a backup of the old addme if you feel like it).
Last edited by GAB on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Alzoc 3 - Blizzard 1.0

Post by Marth8880 »

Jes! Very nice! :thumbs: Glad to see it up.
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Um, after trying to download this, I would not recommend uploading to Mediafire. I clicked the bottom link, and clicked download, and a bunch of popups appeared, and...I'm not going to even say it... *shudder* :|

It's not your fault GAB, it's Mediafire.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Is there any reason that no orbital-strike class weapons work at all on your map?
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Maveritchell wrote:Is there any reason that no orbital-strike class weapons work at all on your map?
Wow, I didn't even know that they didn't work :-?

Well, perhaps we could pretend that the weather is so bad that the weapons can't send the coordinates for the strike to happen... :P
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

GAB wrote:Well, perhaps we could pretend that the weather is so bad that the weapons can't send the coordinates for the strike to happen... :P
Yeah, except it also screws up any weapons based on that weaponclass (i.e. incendiary grenades, poison grenades, rad grenades, cryo grenades, bacta grenades...).
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Ok, I'll look into it and see if I can fix in a future version.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

The map looks brilliant, and I love the trailor. Sadly with my PC dead, I won't be able to play it for awhile.
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CommanderCody »

Thats a very nice looking map you have there..I love the blizzard effect!
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Cleb »

*plays map and wishes his map is as good*

This map is awesome! so far I've only played Hunt mode, but its really fun! :thumbs:

btw,
GAB wrote:I defy you to survive an entire match in this one.
Done. :wink:
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Nice! I couldn't go through an entire hunt match without dying. Perhaps I was too focused in finding bugs that I coudn't see the guys shooting me... :roll:
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Cleb »

Well, you don't just run into the crowd of rebels and auto turrets and get slaughtered hopelessly like I did the first time...(assuming you're the Empire like I was) :wink:

But I was still fighting rebels just in case you thought I hid as far away from the fighting as I could get :wink:

Also, I found some bugs.

First, the thing that REALLY annoyed me was that the AI could see for practically MILES even though it was a blizzard, which really bugged me. Pretty much every time I died was from when a shot would come out from complete nowhere and kill me. Not sure but I think you can lower AI visibility somehow through LUA.

The second thing I saw wasn't so bad and was hardly noticeable. There was a fence by one of the Tattoine buildings that was floating ever so slightly off the ground, but it was still noticeable if you were right next to it.

Third, also not too noticeable but still annoyed me was that sometimes I would go throughout some trees(especially by the edge of the map) and would get stuck between the trees and not able to get out unless I killed myself. Also some trees, even in the middle of the map were noticeably just giant chunks of collision on the branches (basically even tough I wasn't even touching the branch or the tree I couldn't get past.

Well, thats it for now. :wink:
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Cleb wrote:First, the thing that REALLY annoyed me was that the AI could see for practically MILES even though it was a blizzard, which really bugged me. Pretty much every time I died was from when a shot would come out from complete nowhere and kill me. Not sure but I think you can lower AI visibility somehow through LUA.
In fact I did that. AI view distance is about 75% shorter than normal. Also one important thing is that depending on the LOD and View distance setting, the AI may be able to shoot at you from behind the fog.
Cleb wrote:Third, also not too noticeable but still annoyed me was that sometimes I would go throughout some trees(especially by the edge of the map) and would get stuck between the trees and not able to get out unless I killed myself. Also some trees, even in the middle of the map were noticeably just giant chunks of collision on the branches (basically even tough I wasn't even touching the branch or the tree I couldn't get past.
Oh yeah, it happens because the trees were scaled down a bit via an .option file. The collision went a bit buggy but it didn't seem to be a big deal for me.
FiWe
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by FiWe »

Cleb wrote: First, the thing that REALLY annoyed me was that the AI could see for practically MILES even though it was a blizzard, which really bugged me.
IMO that's one of the coolest things ever :o
I really like that because it makes the game much more difficult. My problem with SWBF2 allways was that it is too easy.
Now you have to act very careful and provident. :thumbs:

The only negative aspect I would mention is the problem with the invisible walls between the trees.

I really enjoy playing your map even though I expected something completly different (in a positive way).
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Cleb »

GAB wrote:In fact I did that. AI view distance is about 75% shorter than normal. Also one important thing is that depending on the LOD and View distance setting, the AI may be able to shoot at you from behind the fog.
Really? Oh. :o Well, I have whatever the default settings are, 'cuz I hate messing with options because it makes me feel like I can never get it back the way I want it (even though I easily can, it's just a annoying thing that I do :wink: ), so it must be that the level can only be fair if I change my settings.Nooooooooooooooooo :lol:
FiWe wrote:My problem with SWBF2 allways was that it is too easy.
I know what you mean, the Battlefront AI are mental.
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII

Post by AcaelusThorne »

It is verry nice may I must say. :yes:
I really loved the sound stream of the wind/snow and I think you could have made it a little louder.
Also liked what you made out of the stock Polis Masa cave. :)

@Cleb:
Try to mark the enemyies than you know where there are, before you see them. Otherwise take an engineer and blast them as soon as you can see them. ;)
PizzatheHutt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Something...
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by PizzatheHutt »

This map is really great, with a very nice atmosphere. I like very much how even the ammo droids and crates have been reskinned to create a "snowy" effect .
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:14 min gameplay incase anyone needs to see it for themselves(non registered and regulars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPXYtV_J ... ature=plcp

:music: More people need to download this fantastic map. I have 2 folders I keep on a personal flash drive. One is for maps that have custom classes with no affiliation to the vanilla game and one is for maps that feel like pandemic themselves made it(this is where i stuffed this map). Looks and plays pretty pro. I think the gentlemen a few posts above me pointed out the very few things wrong/can be improved on, nothing much I would give other than the AI can apparently see through heavy snow and hit me spot on.
Hint: Delete your old post first before making your new post. Otherwise, you won't be able to delete your old post. -Staff

Cover Art:
Hidden/Spoiler:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Cover Art:
Hidden/Spoiler:

I like the concept you came up with for cover art, but I don't like this one too much.

This map's strongest suite is its blizzard forest environment. You took a screenshot in the tunnels, I might as well be looking at Hoth. I feel a similar screenshot, done outside in the trees, would be a lot better.

My two credits.

On a similar note, from watching the video it seems this map focuses way too much on the tunnels and not enough on the outside area. Like half the map is the tunnels, and we've seen the cold white icey tunnels many times before.

I love looking at the snowy trees and the blizzard, but groan at the tunnels. I like the map, I just feel it could be better. :)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Took wulf's suggestion. I think its an improvement.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The map seems to be around 68 percent open and 42 percent tunnels. Its really my fault for not exploring the map more since I decided to record on my first time playing this map. Lol, honestly I just got lost because I wasn't all that sure where to go which is why I spent quite a bit of time in the tunnels. So im sorry if my video mis-represented the map in that way GAB. Something I would also like to suggest to GAB is that maybe you can change the door and window designs for the mos eaisly prop buildings at the end of the map. You could probably do something custom for those things so it really does look like its own building for that map. I think the re textured mygetto props look pretty good if I might add and that the snow texturing on the props and vehicles is superb.

I am very impressed with the hunt mode, think ill upload video of that soon.