Mass Effect: Unification R6 [NEW RELEASE!]

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Mass Effect: Unification R5 [NEW RELEASE!]

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Anakin wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:i mean the player models

The Alliance Marine, Collector, and Geth models were all modeled by The Nasal Abyss. I had a hand in the textures for the Marines and Geth teams.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Bump.

I have just downloaded and installed, and have not played much of the mod yet. (I will...)
I have an issue with the config tool.

When I try to run the config tool from start menu, it says config.xml not found. Please locate file.

I click ok and the set directory windows appears.
I set the the directory to find the file, but it then says

Error Occurred - Generate Tabs: Access to the path "C:\Programs Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II - Mass Effect\GamaData\Addon\ME5\data\_lvl_pc\ConfigTool is denied."

I'm guess this has something to do with trying to install the mod to something other than Star Wars Battlefront II
I always prefer to make a backup copy of swbf2 for big mods since I have my own setup in the vanilla game and don't like the files being replaced.

Anyway I click ok on that Error Occurred window, and appears is the Config tool asking me to locate a batch file. Of course I don't know where batch files are or which batch to look for(Found some in bin folder inside the mod, don't think it was related to setting up config tool)

I choose to close the locate batch window and it says unable to execute command, with an empty config tool window(whited out)
Unsure at this point so I just close that.

For now I'll check out the mod more ingame.
Not really a fan of the right side camera but it's something new and I'll stick to it. :yes:

The new shell and menu screens are really nice. The music, is meh... I've not played Mass Effect so I guess that's why I'm not attracted to the music. I'll deal with it because I don't wanna fiddle with changing sound files, etc and end up breaking the mod.

I really like the extensive effort to small things like custom ammo and medical droids.
Custom flag messages and voice overs are very nice. I can't say I have seen that done in other mods.

Very good mod over all and I'll post back if I can fix the config tool issue.
I initially wanted to check out the config tool to see if I could get the old camera views in swbf2.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

You can also get the original music back via the config tool.
EDIT: Sry I didn't read your post carefully enough :?.
Do what Marth say.
Last edited by hunpeter12 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

anthonybf2 wrote:Bump.

I have just downloaded and installed, and have not played much of the mod yet. (I will...)
I have an issue with the config tool.

When I try to run the config tool from start menu, it says config.xml not found. Please locate file.

I click ok and the set directory windows appears.
I set the the directory to find the file, but it then says

Error Occurred - Generate Tabs: Access to the path "C:\Programs Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II - Mass Effect\GamaData\Addon\ME5\data\_lvl_pc\ConfigTool is denied."

I'm guess this has something to do with trying to install the mod to something other than Star Wars Battlefront II
I always prefer to make a backup copy of swbf2 for big mods since I have my own setup in the vanilla game and don't like the files being replaced.
If you install the mod to the correct path without touching it, it should install fine and the config tool should work fine. You don't need to worry about the mod replacing anything - essentially all changes to the vanilla game can be undone with the config tool.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

I played your mod yesterday for the first time. So here are the tings i liked and those i didn't:

It's the first mod where you can make such a lot of settings to make the mod the way you personal like it the best. It's a great idea but for most of those settings i don't know what they actualy do. Maybe it is because i never played Mass Effect and haven't played all your releases started with R1. (can you make the mod ask for admin permisions?? i cannot run it without and i always forget to run it as admin)
There are so much new things to try that i haven't had enough time to look at everything.
Personaly i don't like the camera position. It feels for me that i'm zooming all the time and i realy hate that. I'd prefere to get the stock swbf2 3rd person view and i'd love to get a first person. Maybe you can make an option for that too ;)
The interface changes where a bit funny because you replaced the stock shell i got your button and cursor changes, and my mod changed the background :D I'm sure you'll understand that i like my own interace more, but you did a great job on it.
I'd add points to unlock to the units because i don't like it to have all classes available from the beginning. There are not too much different classes, so they actualy are different.

I think that i'll never come familiar with that mod because of the english voices all the time and i'm sure it's the theme (you know i prefere SW mods much more than other games port), too. But maybe i haven't found my favorite "era" yet.
But one point is incontrovertible: This mod has the best graphic appearance that where ever released. ok RAS Prosecuter is as great, too. There are lot's of mods that use partly new models but there aren't many mods that use complete new models and there are rarely mods that implement them such detailed and great looking.

Furthermore i like your preview images. It's a great assistance to bring the map back in my mind. there are so many maps and mods that i cannot remember what they were looking. But that will never happen with your new maps. I'd would be aweseome if others did that, too. (i don't want to name mods but there is a sw themed mod with lots of new maps and a new era)

Suggestions:
- new HUD elements. I don't like that stock weapon backdrop.
- first person
- a selection screen before the team choice where you can choose the era. So you can choose one of the era or you make it random (the way it is at the moment)
- i'd love to see your map's modifications somewhen released with an Battlefront HD mod that brings a new graphical viewing such as Evolved.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'll try to address your concerns.

>but for most of those settings i don't know what they actually do.

This is definitely a problem. Perhaps we can add a section in the Help tab that describes each option.

>can you make the mod ask for admin permissions?

We don't really have any power over that, to my knowledge.

>Personally i don't like the camera position.

We might add an option for changing it to the default SWBF2 camera, we'll see. As for first-person, it's been planned for ages it just will take a lot of work.

>I'd add points to unlock to the units because i don't like it to have all classes available from the beginning.

You must be referring to the Systems Alliance. The thing is with the Systems Alliance is that none of the six classes are supposed to be better than each other, so adding a point unlock would be very illogical. Eventually we plan to add a 7th class that will be unlockable.

>I think that i'll never come familiar with that mod because of the english voices all the time

We'd love to add a version with voices for different localizations, however it's simply beyond our scope of development. I'm sorry the language is an issue, we'd love to fix this.

>new HUD elements. I don't like that stock weapon backdrop.

Agreed, it's garbage, we're doing a new one.

>a selection screen before the team choice where you can choose the era.

We actually have a way for you to select the teams in the ConfigTool.

Thanks for all the positive things said, and I hope I've addressed your issues.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

about the era choose, i found this options, but it's not practically to restart SWBF2 everytime you want to play an other faction combination.
i thought i saw some of your hud pictures while writing the review, and after posting it i found it again. looks good so far.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

You don't have to restart SWBF2 after making changes to the factions. You can make your changes, then go back to SWBF2 and restart the battle.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

but i need exit BF2. I cannot put 3 maps in my play list and have on every map an other faction without leaving BF2 between the battles.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Do you not have the ability to minimize SWBF2? We just alt-tab or alt-esc to minimize SWBF2.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Mass Effect: Unification R6 [NEW RELEASE!]

Post by Marth8880 »

Everyone, R6 is finally here!

R6 adds many new features including 3 new maps (Aeia, Noveria, and Europa), a custom HUD, a correct-looking Scion, a new hero (Jack!), new player feedback systems (such as hit marker sounds, kill sounds, low health sounds), revamped versions of Coruscant, Naboo, and Yavin 4 - and more!

DOWNLOAD R6 (STANDALONE) FROM:
Mod DB | MediaFire | The Nexus

File Name: MassEffectUnificationSetup_R6.zip

MD5: ec6737facffa3ea6091132f376dc7fcc
SHA-256: 44f2f6920e5394f7d6068f44ead637b42cd81f9e85ef98a8078aae38a6da06a7

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Unzip the contents of MassEffectUnificationSetup_R6.zip. This will extract MassEffectUnificationSetup_R6.exe and its associated files.
  2. Run MassEffectUnificationSetup_R6.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
  3. After the installation completes, the Configuration Utility will launch. With this tool, you can adjust various settings such as toggling the mod on or off without uninstalling it, specifying Shepard's class, toggling AI heroes, or changing the menu interface style. This tool can also be launched from the "Mass Effect Unification" Start Menu folder. If a shortcut to it isn't there, you can launch it manually by running ConfigTool.exe located in Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\ME5\_LVL_PC\ConfigTool\.
  4. Launch Star Wars Battlefront II and enjoy playing the updated release of Mass Effect: Unification! NOTE: Select the Mass Effect era in the Instant Action map list to play the Mass Effect: Unification matches.

UN-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Open the Start Menu.
  2. Go to Programs / All Programs, and find the Start Menu folder called "Mass Effect Unification".
  3. Select the folder and inside it, select "Uninstall Mass Effect Unification".
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and let the uninstaller run.
Please see the rich-text document titled Frequently Asked Questions.rtf included with the download if you just want the old menu music and/or menu interface style back without having to uninstall the mod completely.

TITLE: Mass Effect: Unification v1.3, R6
DEVELOPER: Frayed Wires Studios, Marth8880
RELEASED: March 16th, 2017

INTRODUCTION

First and foremost, thank you so much for taking the time to download and install the sixth release of Mass Effect: Unification! We've got a lot in store for you in this update and we're sure you'll love it. R6 adds many new features including:
  • Three new maps (Aeia, Noveria, and Europa)
  • Custom HUD
  • Correct-looking Scion
  • New hero (Jack!)
  • New player feedback systems (such as hit marker sounds, kill sounds, low health sounds)
  • Revamped versions of Coruscant, Naboo, and Yavin 4
  • And more!
In case you're not familiar at all with the mod, Mass Effect: Unification is a total-conversion mod for Star Wars Battlefront II that adds the Mass Effect era to Instant Action. As of this release, you can fight as the Systems Alliance, the Heretic Geth, the Collectors, or the Evolved Geth on six new custom maps, all of the stock maps, and all maps from the Sol Map Pack - or at least you will be able to play on the Sol Map Pack maps once we release a small patch for it. Keep tabs on our Mod DB page for more info regarding that.

Please see the changelog for the complete list of changes.

FEATURES
  • 6 new Mass Effect maps: Eden Prime, Virmire, the Prothean Skyway, Europa, Aeia, and Noveria
  • Support for all stock land maps
  • Support for all maps from the Sol Map Pack (eventually - a patch for SOL will be released to repair MEU support)
  • External support for a_speck_of_dust's Lotashi Z: X Province (map must be installed)
  • 4 new factions accumulating 25 new unit classes
  • 9 new hero classes
  • Significantly improved game modes, including Conquest, 1-Flag CTF, and 2-Flag CTF
  • 1 new game mode: Siege mode
  • Authentic sound effects and music accurate to the Mass Effect franchise
  • A massive amount of specially hand-crafted assets specifically tailored for this mod
  • An external app that the player can use to tune various in-game parameters such as desired faction combination, HUD/shell style, gameplay difficulty, Shepard class, and more

MOD NOTES
  • Single-player matches on all maps have random side variations and random hero classes whereas multi-player matches have a preset variation and hero class (which is specific per map).
  • All maps support some combination of Conquest, 1-Flag CTF, 2-Flag CTF, and Team Deathmatch. Most maps with a large number of command posts (typically four or more) support Siege mode.
  • All custom Mass Effect maps will show up in pink-colored text in the Instant Action roster.
  • A new save profile called "MEU-Newcomer" is installed along with the mod; this profile is configured to enhance your playing experience with recommended game, audio, and control settings. While
  • using the MEU-Newcomer profile obviously isn’t required, it’s most certainly recommended.
  • This mod adds 50 missions to the game's runtime heap with Lotashi Z installed, or 49 missions without.
Please see the rich-text document titled Credits.rtf included with the download for the complete list of credits.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.