Battlefront: Evolved 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Battlefront: Evolved 1.0

Post by Marth8880 »

Adjusting the specular decay. ;)
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

The new sides are amazing. Here are some images I enjoy:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Just seen this and all I have to say is great work, looks really professional. :thumbs:
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

I tried this mod out a couple of days ago and played both single and multi player. This is an amazing mod that really spices up the game, and for the better! I am extremely impressed on how good it is and it is obvious you put lots of time into it.

Here are my suggestions if you do another version (if you do another version it could only get better)

1) Pay more attention to the CIS. HD skins and anything that will make them fit with the rest of the mod would be great. One thing I would love to see is the MagnaGuard with the cape. That is the only reason I really liked the 1.2 patch. I read that you were having trouble with it but if you could find a way it would make this mod a lot better!

2) Pay more attention to the other heroes and vehicles. I love what you did with the heroes you edited and they look a lot better, but just think, HD Boba Fett skin! HD X-Wing Fighter! :faint:

Overall I would give this mod 10/10 and it can only get better. I will be using these for a long time! :thumbs:

EDIT: BUG REPORT!
When Obi-Wan crouches he just turns off his lightsaber. I'm not sure about the other heoes yet.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

All the heroes turn off their lightsabers when crouched. It's been there since 2005, I didn't change that. :p

As for "more HD things" I add what I have available to me. Boba Fett's texture is one of the better ones as it were anyway. :p

re:CIS

If there was more to do, I'd do it. We added an environment map to the SBD, new texture and specular to the Droideka and changed the shotgun model. I had issues with the caped Magnaguard, thus I didn't add it.

Thanks for the feedback.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

kitfisto15678 wrote: EDIT: BUG REPORT!
When Obi-Wan crouches he just turns off his lightsaber. I'm not sure about the other heoes yet.
Don't forget Anakin.And he turns it off but does not crouch.Like runs slowly with his saber off.(Some reason I kind of like it mainly because everyone with a Light Saber has it on at all times(Well not Sidious :P ))

I was really impressed by this mod.I am actually going to keep this unlike most side mods.I hate it when side mods remove online compatibility.The new weapons and all are cool,but I prefer this type of side mod.Awesome work. :D 10/10
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Here are some visual examples since you don't get my bug report.

This is how they usually crouch.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This is how Obi-Wan and Anakin crouch in your mod.
Hidden/Spoiler:
If this is online compatible then I don't think that is supposed to happen.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

kitfisto15678 wrote:Here are some visual examples since you don't get my bug report.

This is how they usually crouch.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This is how Obi-Wan and Anakin crouch in your mod.
Hidden/Spoiler:
If this is online compatible then I don't think that is supposed to happen.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Did you find out about Anakin by my post or playing :P
Well anyway,this is still compatible but I believe you see your person standing but it makes no difference.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it. It's still online compatible, it's only an animation issue.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

I'm still using these sides for multiplayer and i can honestly tell you the sides make the game feel almost new (buggy AI aside). Even months after the release of this mod i have to commend you again on this, nice job!
SWBF2
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BFII COD BF-EA
xbox live or psn: tR Vortexx

Post by SWBF2 »

Can someone please tell me why this mod doesn't work for me? I have v1.3 installed, but not BFX. I extracted all the files to the bf2 side folder but the only change I noticed was the rebels faces looked different from one another. Does my bf2 graphic settings have to be set to 'High' in order for this mod to work? Can someone please respond to this.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Did you place all the files that you extraced from the file you downloaded into the "SIDE" folder? And say replace?
SWBF2
Private Third Class

Post by SWBF2 »

kitfisto15678 wrote:Did you place all the files that you extraced from the file you downloaded into the "SIDE" folder? And say replace?
Well I first extracted all the original files to my documents folder. Then I extracted the evolved files into the sides folder. But it doesn't work. Any ideas of what I did wrong?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

No you don't need to be set to high in order to see all the changes. Pretty sure the version of specular we used works with all lighting settings.

As long as you install this after the 1.3 patch (that has the 1.2 sides included), you should be fine.

Then again, this is Zero. I'm not surprised by anything that Zero does. Zero logic.

Take some screenshots of the Rebels (on Yavin) and the Republic (on Coruscant). All the classes in the unit select screen will be fine.
SWBF2
Private Third Class

Post by SWBF2 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:No you don't need to be set to high in order to see all the changes. Pretty sure the version of specular we used works with all lighting settings.

As long as you install this after the 1.3 patch (that has the 1.2 sides included), you should be fine.

Then again, this is Zero. I'm not surprised by anything that Zero does. Zero logic.

Take some screenshots of the Rebels (on Yavin) and the Republic (on Coruscant). All the classes in the unit select screen will be fine.
Ok I installed BFX, Don't see much of a difference and still not working even on BFX. The rebels on Yavin seem to have the regular yavin camo. The republic on coruscant look just like how the v1.3 patch made them. Also the stormtroopers don't seem to turn their heads a bit like how they are supposed to, also the stormtroopers still look like the stock version not like the evolved version. I still cant figure out why the evolved is not working. Do I have the extract the stock files out and put the evolved files in, OR just put the evolved files in and replace all?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I'm pretty sure BFX doesn't pull art assets from the shipped sides.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Worst comes to worst reinstall SWBFII then install Evolved then the 1.3 patch. I don't know if you need the patch for the mod but it's always good to have it. :wink:
SWBF2
Private Third Class

Post by SWBF2 »

kitfisto15678 wrote:Worst comes to worst reinstall SWBFII then install Evolved then the 1.3 patch. I don't know if you need the patch for the mod but it's always good to have it. :wink:
Whats funny is I have reinstalled BF2 on my computer many times for the past day now and v1.3 patch already comes with it, no need to download it. So I already have 1.3 patch.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

SWBF2 wrote:
kitfisto15678 wrote:Worst comes to worst reinstall SWBFII then install Evolved then the 1.3 patch. I don't know if you need the patch for the mod but it's always good to have it. :wink:
Whats funny is I have reinstalled BF2 on my computer many times for the past day now and v1.3 patch already comes with it, no need to download it. So I already have 1.3 patch.
There is no copy of the game that comes with the 1.3 patch. Where did you find your copy?
SWBF2
Private Third Class

Post by SWBF2 »

Maveritchell wrote:
SWBF2 wrote:
There is no copy of the game that comes with the 1.3 patch. Where did you find your copy?
I bought it.... But when I first installed the game, it did not come with the 1.3 patch, I then proceeded to install the patch but it did not work, so I uninstalled BF2 (Add and remove programs). But when I reinstalled it, the game came with 1.3 patch. I uninstalled it again and reinstalled it but it kept coming with the patch. So yeah...