Caron Prime: Liberation Action (V. 0.9 BETA)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Re: Caron Prime: Liberation Action (V. 0.9 BETA)

Post by Lephenix »

Luke wrote:Ok, I will upload it to mediafire.
Thank you!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

So I played through it awhile. My biggest gameplay complaint is the weapons damage output. Running around and dying every few moments because all the B1's carry a rapid-fire two-shot kill rifle, and that's one of the weaker units.

Believe me, I was doing the same thing a long time ago in my TCW mod. I stopped after I got a lot of feedback about how it wasn't fun to the players.

Secondly, the required points to unlock a unit is way too high. Rule of thumb is no more than around 20 points to unlock the final unit.

Next up, a huge problem. There is no acceptable reason the mod should be almost a full GB uncompressed. You included the repshell and cisshell files, don't need those except for Galactic Conquest. More importantly, 600 MB for the REP side? Really? Okay. Let me compare that to my TCW mod. I have 7 clone legions randomly selected. Then I have the CIS side. All together, they amount to 990 MB. 600 MB for one side is unacceptable. I work with very limited hard drive space, I can't afford one map to be taking up a full GB, most will be the same way.

If you're using any 2048x2048 scale textures in the clone side, don't. 1024x1024 is perfectly acceptable, the quality difference is hardly noticeable. It's 4 times the size for 2048 and you're not getting 4 times the quality.

Remove anything from the rep.req that you're not using, it wastes space.

Also, your loadscreen is 40 MB large. It doesn't have to be, reduce its scale in half. It'll go down to 10 MB, that's acceptable.
_=XL=_Danny
Private

Post by _=XL=_Danny »

Here are my PC specs as requested

Manufacturer
Gateway

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory
16384MB RAM

Hard Drive
2 TB

Motherboard
Not Available

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Physics Card
No

Monitor
Not Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sound

Sound Card
Speakers (Logitech Wireless Headset)

Speakers
Not Available

Peripherals

Keyboard
USB Root Hub

Mouse
USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface
Not Available

Computer Case
Not Available
Luke
Private First Class
Projects :: Caron Prime - Liberation Action
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 SWRC

Post by Luke »

OK, I think that should be more than enough to play the map. And now we have a problem, cause I don't know what the problem could be. You can try to download and install it again and hope it works then. Or you can wait to the next version, then download it and hope it works. :shock:
THEWULFMAN wrote:So I played through it awhile. My biggest gameplay complaint is the weapons damage output. Running around and dying every few moments because all the B1's carry a rapid-fire two-shot kill rifle, and that's one of the weaker units.

Believe me, I was doing the same thing a long time ago in my TCW mod. I stopped after I got a lot of feedback about how it wasn't fun to the players.

Secondly, the required points to unlock a unit is way too high. Rule of thumb is no more than around 20 points to unlock the final unit.

Next up, a huge problem. There is no acceptable reason the mod should be almost a full GB uncompressed. You included the repshell and cisshell files, don't need those except for Galactic Conquest. More importantly, 600 MB for the REP side? Really? Okay. Let me compare that to my TCW mod. I have 7 clone legions randomly selected. Then I have the CIS side. All together, they amount to 990 MB. 600 MB for one side is unacceptable. I work with very limited hard drive space, I can't afford one map to be taking up a full GB, most will be the same way.

If you're using any 2048x2048 scale textures in the clone side, don't. 1024x1024 is perfectly acceptable, the quality difference is hardly noticeable. It's 4 times the size for 2048 and you're not getting 4 times the quality.

Remove anything from the rep.req that you're not using, it wastes space.

Also, your loadscreen is 40 MB large. It doesn't have to be, reduce its scale in half. It'll go down to 10 MB, that's acceptable.
Ok, I fixed that. There were a lot 2048x2048 big textures because Ande used it as the size of his tcw trooper's texture and I copied it and reskinned it many times for the different clone troopers on my map. But now also the loadscreen lvl size is fixed (there were 3 loadscreens munged into the lvl because I tested something sometime ago) and the whole map has around 450 MB now.

Thanks!

EDIT: @noMatt: the idea with the freezer is good, I'm creating it right now! :thumbs:
rc1207sev
Private Second Class
Projects :: SWRC Capital Supremacy
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF-SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: DolphinRepublic

Post by rc1207sev »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Add glowing parts to the armor of the clones and droids if you want the map to be really dark. Example:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure you'd have to attatch a light to the .msh, and when they die, the bodies would fade away, but not the lights. So towards the end of the battle you would have a bunch of random lights scattered around the map, which would be annoying.