Kashyyyk: Depot - Public Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Kashyyyk: Depot - Public Beta

Post by JimmyAngler »

I do have one extra suggestion, is it possible to have the ai lined up to listen to the mission briefing? I stood listening respectfully while everyone else ran around and checked out the corners of the wall. It would add something to the seriousness of the issue.
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Nedarb7 »

Incredible, AQT! Just finished playing through the campaign (I lost though.), I like it that its challenging. At one point I was hiding on a rooftop in order to stay alive :P
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

The campaign is very ambitious, and it works pretty well, if a little difficult. I really got the whole RC feel, I was even pressing RC keys instead of SWBFII keys. The new shell, even just in the loading screen is great.

To provide an incentive to survive, as Mav was saying, add an easter egg or a little something extra to the ending if the player's lives are equal to five. People can still fake console it, but if they're doing that, they may not care about dying anyway.

Also, some variety in the other clone commandos might be nice, maybe something simple like different addon meshes.

The one bug I found was in switching from the pistol to the rifle. The animation shows a disembodied arm in first person.

Overall, fantastic work as always, AQT.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh, and if you need any more voice work, I have friend with a deep, but pretty dynamic voice. I also have access to fairly quality mic. :D
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Kashyyyk: Depot

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

This was a very well made map, I did not see any of the AI running into walls not doing anything and the gameplay itself was pretty intense, very nice job on creating this map, I look forward to seeing more in the future. :thumbs:
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

this is brilliant! It really feels like im playing a deleted commandos mission! nicely done AQT :)
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Did I mention that I hate this campaign? And mean HATE.
Gosh, tried this 4 times in a row now, always lost the mission after 20 minutes when the CIS ship deploys its troops. Difficulty up until then is ok, it's not easy but still doable, I mostly lose one or two lives because of a wrist rocket in the chest (which kill immediately if you don't play with award medals ... sure you know that xD). But then, when the CIS lander arrives the mission is over for me. I go back, get overrun by droids, I die, mission lost immediately. I stay out, kill about 50 droids, I die, lost.
Whenever there's a single droid in that room and I die the mission is over. Is there any trick to get this objective done or am I just that bad?

Mh, okay, to be fair, the map looks great, the models are cool, the mission feeling is great (and voice over, wohoo), objectives work well, it's not too easy, artwork and textures are awesome, fighting my way trough with Oiler is really fun ... but I can't love your campaign until I finally win it xD
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

JimmyAngler wrote:I do have one extra suggestion, is it possible to have the ai lined up to listen to the mission briefing? I stood listening respectfully while everyone else ran around and checked out the corners of the wall. It would add something to the seriousness of the issue.
It's possible, but it wouldn't be very exciting. I kind of like their tactical behavior here.
yuke5 wrote:I really got the whole RC feel, I was even pressing RC keys instead of SWBFII keys.
Zapattack1234 wrote:It really feels like im playing a deleted commandos mission!
It seems I was able to accomplish part of my overall goal. I'm glad your experiences paralleled those from the original game. :)
yuke5 wrote:Also, some variety in the other clone commandos might be nice, maybe something simple like different addon meshes.
Anakin wrote:- Numbers and colored amors for the other squad member would be great.
The reason why I didn't do those things is because these units aren't supposed to be distinguishable characters, contrary to George Lucas's suggestion regarding the other members of Delta Squad.
yuke5 wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh, and if you need any more voice work, I have friend with a deep, but pretty dynamic voice. I also have access to fairly quality mic.
I'll be sure to let you know when I do. Thanks for the offer!
Locutus wrote:Did I mention that I hate this campaign? And mean HATE.
Is there any trick to get this objective done or am I just that bad?
I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't very pleasant. :( But if you're still interested in finishing the mission, hopefully the following tips will help:
Hidden/Spoiler:
If you want an easier time with the final objective, it would a very good idea to save as many of your allies as possible.

When facing the waves of Trandoshans near the beginning, use the turret instead of fighting on foot. Try to kill as many of the Trandoshans as possible before they even have a chance to reach your position. (Take out the grenadiers as soon as you get the chance!) If you do this, most of the Wookiees will be alive and at full health.

When clearing out the rooms and hallways of enemies, make sure you're the first one doing the engaging rather than your squad members because they're not very efficient on their own. When giving the second group of Wookiees assistance, get down there and kill as many enemies on your own as possible. You can get your squad members to follow you to a bacta tank to heal up before entering the hut after all the enemies are gone. The other best opportunity to do this is when you're tasked with slicing the turret console.

If everything goes to plan, you should have at least 15 Wookiees and all of your squad members to help out with the final objective. When the CIS starts to land, stick around in the area between the depot and landing zone instead of falling back. Start holding the droids back on your own here; every single Wookiee you saved will start to show up to help you (they all owe you a life debt :P ). Kill the Droidekas as soon as they appear, but if you aren't able to, get them to at least deploy before they are able to roll pass you. The Wookies should have enough health to distract the droids (with your help) for the majority of this objective, so by the time they all die, there should be at least 30 seconds remaining. This whole time your squad members should be guarding the entrance to the depot. When the Wookiees all die, this is when you fall back to depot.
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

In retrospect I believe my previous post caused the wrong impression.
I really liked the campaign. Just got a little mad because I found myself unable to win :maulsaber:
But thanks for posting that little guide, I think I followed the mission objectives too credulously. This time I stayed out for a while (and discovered the bacta tank in the wookie house on the left - very helpful). Intercepting them that early at the spawn point finally made me finish the objective and finish the mission.
Awesome, man! :D
yuke5 wrote:To provide an incentive to survive, as Mav was saying, add an easter egg or a little something extra to the ending if the player's lives are equal to five.
I lost at at least one live in each of my attempts so that sounds like a great idea to me. It adds that little extra that makes you try the mission over again if you're looking for that little extra difficulty:)
_=XL=_Danny
Private

Post by _=XL=_Danny »

I had a great time playing this map, beat it the first time, just barely, and I mean barely.

I had a few problems along the way though. In the mission itself, there are those Trandoshians with those crazy rockets who like to send everyone flying. Well, what happened was, when me and the Commandos entered the compound, one of the Tandoshians nailed the ground near us sending my commandos flying into a light barrier I guess you could say, causing him to get stuck, permanently. Happened later on for another one of my commandos leaving me and another commando to do the rest of the work. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =225966306 = Picture of what I mean when the bots get stuck on that ledge barrier with the lamp on the top of it in front of like each door. Anyways, had a great time though. Will there be a multiplayer aspect implemented to this map? Say like coop? Replacing the 3 bots with humans making a 4 player coop?

Thanks again for the great map!!! Cant wait for full release
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Just watched Maveritchell's video of the map and I'd say it looks really nice, especially the retexturization of the bespin assets.

And just out of curiosity: Whre did you get those voiceovers, AQT? Did you record them yourself?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

GAB wrote:Whre did you get those voiceovers, AQT? Did you record them yourself?
He recorded them and I did editing/post-processing.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Locutus wrote:But thanks for posting that little guide, I think I followed the mission objectives too credulously. This time I stayed out for a while (and discovered the bacta tank in the wookie house on the left - very helpful). Intercepting them that early at the spawn point finally made me finish the objective and finish the mission.
Glad it worked out for you! :D
Locutus wrote:
yuke5 wrote:To provide an incentive to survive, as Mav was saying, add an easter egg or a little something extra to the ending if the player's lives are equal to five.
I lost at at least one live in each of my attempts so that sounds like a great idea to me. It adds that little extra that makes you try the mission over again if you're looking for that little extra difficulty:)
I thought about doing something like this, an additional objective at the end, although its availability wasn't going to be based on the number of lives the player had at the end, but rather whether all the other members of Phi Squad survived until the end or not. It was going to involve Magnaguards trying to retake the landing platform. I didn't implement it because I lost interest and somewhat got lazy.
_=XL=_Danny wrote:I had a few problems along the way though. In the mission itself, there are those Trandoshians with those crazy rockets who like to send everyone flying. Well, what happened was, when me and the Commandos entered the compound, one of the Tandoshians nailed the ground near us sending my commandos flying into a light barrier I guess you could say, causing him to get stuck, permanently. Happened later on for another one of my commandos leaving me and another commando to do the rest of the work. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =225966306 = Picture of what I mean when the bots get stuck on that ledge barrier with the lamp on the top of it in front of like each door.
The F4 (command) key should have helped in this situation, but dang, those are some really stubborn AI. :o
_=XL=_Danny wrote:Will there be a multiplayer aspect implemented to this map? Say like coop? Replacing the 3 bots with humans making a 4 player coop?

Thanks again for the great map!!! Cant wait for full release
That would be very cool, and I did have something like that in mind, but again, I had lost interest. This is technically the full release, I think...
GAB wrote:Just watched Maveritchell's video of the map and I'd say it looks really nice, especially the retexturization of the bespin assets.

And just out of curiosity: Whre did you get those voiceovers, AQT? Did you record them yourself?
Mav's video is merely there to point out the problems regarding the third-to-last campaign objective. It is by no means, in my opinion, the ideal secondary representation of the map's aesthetic features and the campaign gameplay. That is why I provided screenshots in my original post, and I plan on doing a proper walkthrough some time in the future. But yes, as Marth stated, I did record the voiceovers myself with his help. :)
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

small credit correction like in the old days :P
the acp repeater was actually made by me

anyway i see you finally made the map :D it looks really cool, downloading it now!
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

D'oh, sorry about that. It's fixed now. I was beginning to wonder when you would return, if at all. Good to see you back, though! :D

In other news, if anyone is interested, here's my walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A2udqTX6aE
SGHenry93
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Trying to use a custom republic gunship.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Destiny....
xbox live or psn: SGHenry93

Post by SGHenry93 »

Absolutely love this! Great work, I hope to be able to achieve this level of awesomeness soon. Which leads me to this. I am just getting into modding SWBF2 and the first thing I want to do is rework or improve the existing Republic Gunship. Because lets be honest the default gunship (at least in my opinion) looks horrible. But I have noticed your improved model and fell in love! I would like to use it to replace the default gunship or have it to use on a map. For personal use only. I wouldn't release it publicly. Would that be okay with you? :bowdown:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Thanks for your interest. The gunship is just a prop, though, so it hasn't had any of the necessary hard points/animated parts/etc. set up yet. You'd be better off with this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8133.0