Tatooine: Mos Nytram (Updated map, added h/a droids)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Tatooine: Mos Nytram (Updated map, added h/a droids)

Post by Eaol »

Tatooine: Mos Nytram

Hey, this is my first map, and I know there are two crates on the map that seem to be levitating a few inches.

Now that that's out of the way, Mos Nytram is actually based off of an actual place in Star Wars lore, a secluded area on Tatooine where Owen Lars purchased some swoop bike or whatever.

The map is medium-sized, containing some open areas and some tighter places, including a sort of market/courtyard area where there's a central command post and two big open areas to the east and west with command posts (don't worry, there's a little cover and you can navigate the map pretty safely). Balance-wise, I didn't encounter any issues in either era; I've not touched the sides except to change heroes and to make sure desert variants for Rebels and Imperials were present. The idea was to sort of make a map that could arguably fit in with the stock maps as far as visual quality goes - I used mostly stock props with a few assets from Rends' Spaceport and I think one model from a pack released by ANDEWEGET (a sort of stand with food in it, which I used around the central market CP).

CW Conquest - Anakin Skywalker (REP) vs. Count Dooku (CIS)
GCW Conquest - Boba Fett (IMP) vs. Luke Skywalker (ALL)*

[Note: These images have only been modified to give the little blur effect around the edges; also, I'm using Battlefront Evolved 1.0 in these screenshots so be aware that the sides don't necessarily look like this - they're the stock sides.]

Tatooine: Mos Nytram

This is my first map. I know that sounds bad, but bear with me - I tried my best not to let my map fit into the stereotypical mold of 'first maps'. I actually made this in about a day or so because I had recently installed SWBF2 again to play with some friends, got some maps from Filefront, was inspired by the quality of a few of them (namely a very old Raxus Prime map and some Mustafar: Blazing Gorge map, as well as Jaspo's Malastare map and other stuff) and thought I wanted to see what I could do to make some decent maps as far as visual quality goes - you'll notice I didn't change the sides both because I don't yet know how to (though I did make sure the desert versions of the rebels and Imperials were there and I changed the heroes from defaults - Anakin vs. Dooku for CW and Luke vs. Fett - oh the breaking of that unwritten law of gunners vs. gunners only - for GCW) and because I kind of like the stock sides - of course, they're not stock for me, because I'm using THEWULFMAN's Battlefront Evolved 1.0 (and I really hope he can get back to that or something, and I'd help if he asked, because I really would like to see updates to many of the common effects in the game, especially some mismatching projectiles and explosions).

I intend to make quite a few more maps, but don't hold me to that.
--------------------------------------------------
INSTALLATION:

Unzip Tatooine__Mos_Nytram.zip and place the SWG folder into your addon folder. Load up SWBF2 and enjoy!
Known Bugs:

-The folder name, "SWG", stood for "Swag". This is because I didn't actually intend to release this map - it was just to teach myself Zeroeditor, which finally works on my laptop, and whatnot.

CREDITS (if I forget someone I sincerely apologize beforehand):

RENDS for some of his Mos Eisley Spaceport assets
ANDEWEGET for some Tatooine props
Pandemic for most Tatooine props, most other objects, the game itself, etc.

SPECIAL THANKS to George Lucas, without whom Star Wars would not exist and, as a result, this game would not exist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvbqrkopgbfst ... ram2.0.zip

I added health/ammo droids, expanded the town to command post 3, and fixed lots of floating props, as well as added a few more hubs and connections for bots to better exploit map space.
*I might change this later - I actually intended to get the Tatooine Luke instead of the RotJ one, but I guess the stock one doesn't exist or function and because of my laziness I didn't bother getting one from the internet; also I understand it's a bit strange having two heroes with drastically differing weapons and I don't know if people will hate me for that.
Last edited by Eaol on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Tatooine: Mos Nytram

Post by MileHighGuy »

Cool map. the colors mesh together really well and I like the background structures you added. The only thing I can criticize is the ai seeing through tall grass. You should totally put in some of your awesome models for your next map.
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

Is there anything that can be done about the AI seeing through the grass?
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I cant remember which but there was a topic made about it a while ago. I couldn't find anything in a search. Its not really a big deal in your map anyways, I was just trying to be constructive.
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

Also, am I the only one who has an issue with either the 1.3 patch or the Battlefront Evolved 1.0 thing where I can no longer put my lighting settings on maximum? It's really bothering me and I know for certain it's got to do with of one of those things.

I don't know what my map looks like on high settings :\
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I've never had any problems like that before. :o
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

It's strange. When I reinstalled the game, I had remembered I had that problem, so before installing any mods, I went through every single map and each one ran perfectly on the highest settings. I installed the setup version of the 1.3 patch, and then Naboo and some other maps crashed if the lighting was turned to maximum. I thought it might have been something with the sides, but when I installed the Evolved sides, which replace the 1.3 sides, I still had the issue. Still can't rule out the sides, but if you don't have that issue and you've done it, I don't know.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Bizarre. What's your graphics card?
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - it's a laptop and yeah. I feel like it might have something to do with it, but it's bizarre because I know the regular game works perfectly fine on high settings on this laptop.

EDIT: My friend also has this problem - we installed 1.3 and Battlefront Evolved 1.0 the same way.