City Watch 3.7

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: City Watch 2.1

Post by MileHighGuy »

cool! that is a great workaround!
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Noobasaurus wrote: Version 2.1 is out! Changes include:
- No longer available in singleplayer!
Why was that a bad thing?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

It wasn't particularly a good thing. Some people got confused when it was in their singleplayer menu.

I may add it back if enough people want it. I might make a poll.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Noobasaurus wrote:It wasn't particularly a good thing. Some people got confused when it was in their singleplayer menu.

I may add it back if enough people want it. I might make a poll.
Well, it SHOULD work in SP if you code everything right. Of course, it wouldn't be as much of a challenge (as with all modes), but it SHOULD work in theory.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: City Watch 2.1 (Poll link on page 2)

Post by Noobasaurus »

It DOES work in theory. I was running around getting doused by jawas earlier. I'm just not sure on how to make AI assassins appear in singleplayer and not appear in multiplayer without extra coding. But I guess I probably could do it with a few more lines.

And then comes the problem of AI police...don't get me started with that one. POLL HERE
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by razac920 »

Noobasaurus wrote:I'm just not sure on how to make AI assassins appear in singleplayer and not appear in multiplayer without extra coding.
Easiest way to do it is to use the function ScriptCB_InMultiplayer:

Code: Select all

if (not ScriptCB_InMultiplayer()) then
  [add AI assassins code]
end
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks razac, that helped a ton!

NEW VERSION! 2.5 is out! Check the first page for the download.

Changelog:
- Fixed localization errors
- Added victory timer after a team wins
- Added singleplayer support
- The number of assassins you will face is random
- The assassins use the incinerator and spears
- Instantly win or lose (no victory or defeat countdown)
- Multiplayer issues have hopefully been fixed
- Number of people on a team should now show up properly and update when people are killed
- NEW STORMTROOPER WEAPON: Weapon Scanner
- Right click when near people to bring them to you to scan
- Scanning someone takes all of your energy (it's tiring when you look for weapons)
- Will either say "NO WEAPONS DETECTED" or "WEAPONS DETECTED"
- Great tool for stopping someone in their tracks
- Messages once a team wins (then the victory or defeat timer starts)

Pretty awesome stuff. I worked way to much on this yesterday.

Video of a playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKBEVQbCo-s
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

SWEET! lets play today
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: City Watch 2.5 (MAP POLL ON PAGE 2)

Post by Noobasaurus »

After testing it online with Mile, I can conclude that everything except the scoreboard/team points/reinforcements is working properly. I also fixed one small error with message spam when you kill a civilian. I'll probably change the Weapon Scanner to a different message to make it less intrusive.

Poll to decide which maps to put CW in next here.

After the online testing, it is clear that the assassin needs less power. I'm going to lower the damage of his weapons a lot. The assassin should want to hide and not be able to easily kill the cop.

I'm going to try to implement a pinging device for the cops. Basically, you use it, and it tracks the last known location of the assassin for a few seconds. You'll get an objective marker. Since the minimap and large map both aren't available, you'll have to look around for the yellow marker. I also want to give the cop either a barricade placing tool or a deploy speederbike tool. Both of these could have multiple uses.

I think that I might give the assassin a take hostage weapon. It'll be similar to the scanner but it will be able to grab a civilian from any side of him. This will make it so that when the cop finds the assassin, the assassin can hold a civilian in front of them as they walk away. It will provide more gameplay mechanics.

I might also have another video soon.
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by razac920 »

Great mod! Just tried out the new singleplayer, it's nice! One little suggestion though: since you're only adding AI assassins and not AI guards, you presumably want the human to be the lone guard, right? So in this bit of code, you should add the line "ForceHumansOntoTeam1()":

Code: Select all

if (not ScriptCB_InMultiplayer()) then
  [add AI assassins code]
end
This way, people won't get confused about which team they should join.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thank you once again.

Oh yeah, I found a funny bug. You can MOVE the health and ammo droids around with the weapon scanner. Jeez, why didn't you guys tell me? Next thing you know it'll move the whole city.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

That is actually really cool. Can you make a video?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: City Watch 3.0

Post by Noobasaurus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfQZfW ... e=youtu.be

Sometimes it waits a bit before coming. It's weird.

I also changed the Weapons Scanner animation to something a bit better. Basically they come over and hold one hand up so you can search them.

EDIT: I finally finished up the pinging device. You basically shoot it into the air and it will usually detect any nearby assassins. However, it only tracks their position when it first hit them, so they might not be there when you get to the marker. They will probably be around the area though.

Here's a video of the new weapon used in a playthrough. Note that the damage values for the assassins' weapons have been decreased. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXYt8x3Feg

And I think about three people voted in the poll, but Naboo is the winner! Naboo will be in the next version of City Watch.

UPDATE: Version 3 is out! Download here or the first page.

We were also featured in ModDB/IndieDB's news! Check out the video here! I'll probably make a new playthrough soon as well.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

cool! glad you got it working. I found a pretty bad bug, if you try to scan a barrier it teleports the barrier to you, says weapons detected, and the barrier loses collision.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

/facepalm

UG. y u do dis

Yeah, yeah, I'll get a fix for it "soon" along with one for the ammo/health droids. Thanks for the report.
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Hey Noobasaurus,

finally found some time to test V3.0 online. Man, this was much more fun than I expected! It's really great, I love it! :D
Our planned ten-minute test took 3 hours...^^

I've only tested playing with one other person (so one assassin and one cop) but we figured we should share our impressions to help you improve this even more:

- The ping doesn't seem to work in MP. We shot the missile and sky and it looked as if it seemed to move roughly into the direction of the assassin but there weren't any blue markers like on the video.
Also there was a small probability that using the weapon caused a crash (happened about 4 times shortly after the weapon was shot by the host - but well, we had at least 40 matches).

- It might be related to only playing this online with two people and the non-working ping but the assassin wins pretty much every time. If not looking out for contact it is extremely easy to hide for 5 minutes and you will never ever be found. This might also be caused by your extremely evil AI behaviour which is just perfect:) I was more than once sooooo sure to have a human player in front of me when in reality it was just an AI player.
I think the assassin weapons damage fits very well but maybe it was better if the cop was not able to heal from droids. Because if he can, the only weapon that's really good is the knife because it pushes the cop down making it effectively a one-hit kill. And well, if there is more than just one cop and they team up it's pretty much impossible to kill them (no knife because the other cop will shot you and no spear because they'll heal).
But you can still hide pretty easily. (Really, you have nearly no chance to spot the human and even if you do there's a chance he can still save himself by jedi-jumping away).
Personally, I think it would be better if the assassins lose if they don't manage to kill the cops in time (assuming the cops can't heal).

- It would be nice if you were able to change the number of bots in the menu settings. I mean the default number is pretty well chosen but sometimes I think it would be fun to play this with more or less ai - depending on the number of players and the percentage of cops. The default AI is 16 so you could consider using a modifier to reach the current bot number with the default setting, i.e. ScriptCB_SetNumBots(ScriptCB_GetCTFNumBots()*modifier).

- All in all it's great mod, keep it going! :D
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Locutus wrote:Our planned ten-minute test took 3 hours...^^
Lol, sorry about that.
Locutus wrote:- The ping doesn't seem to work in MP. We shot the missile and sky and it looked as if it seemed to move roughly into the direction of the assassin but there weren't any blue markers like on the video.
Also there was a small probability that using the weapon caused a crash (happened about 4 times shortly after the weapon was shot by the host - but well, we had at least 40 matches).
Yep. Yep. And yep. The ping weapon still only works half of the time. It's still considered a WIP. I'll see what I can do about that, though.
Locutus wrote:- It might be related to only playing this online with two people and the non-working ping but the assassin wins pretty much every time. If not looking out for contact it is extremely easy to hide for 5 minutes and you will never ever be found. This might also be caused by your extremely evil AI behaviour which is just perfect:) I was more than once sooooo sure to have a human player in front of me when in reality it was just an AI player.
Even with the damage values lowered the assassin wins? Dang. I might make an automatic ping weapon so that every half minute or so the police get a new report on where the assassin was last seen. And yeah, I think I'll change it to making the assassins lose when the 5 minutes is up. I'm glad you liked the AI behavior. I tweaked them slightly to be more fun.
Locutus wrote:maybe it was better if the cop was not able to heal from droids
I can do that. The droids make singleplayer very easy.
Locutus wrote:- It would be nice if you were able to change the number of bots in the menu settings. I mean the default number is pretty well chosen but sometimes I think it would be fun to play this with more or less ai - depending on the number of players and the percentage of cops. The default AI is 16 so you could consider using a modifier to reach the current bot number with the default setting, i.e. ScriptCB_SetNumBots(ScriptCB_GetCTFNumBots()*modifier).
I'll do that.
Locutus wrote:- All in all it's great mod, keep it going!
Thanks! Did you play on Naboo as well?

And one more thing: Did you find the barrier useful?
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Locutus »

Oh, there's Naboo, too?^^
No, sry, we just played on Mos Eisley. I guess we gonna play Naboo soon:D

About the barriers: Yes, I think barriers are a good thing. It can help the assassins find the cop but the cop can block stairs on roofs for example which is good for him. Also it's funny to see how humans try to move around them "ai like" :)
If I had to make one suggestion, I think it would be nice if the assassin was able to kill a barrier with a single knife attack/spear throw.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: City Watch 3.5

Post by Noobasaurus »

Locutus wrote:Oh, there's Naboo, too?^^
No, sry, we just played on Mos Eisley. I guess we gonna play Naboo soon:D
Lol, I guess I didn't make it obvious enough.
Locutus wrote:If I had to make one suggestion, I think it would be nice if the assassin was able to kill a barrier with a single knife attack/spear throw.
I can do that. I'm not completely sure about the knife though, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the responses!

UPDATE!

Version 3.5 is out! Get it at the first page or HERE! There aren't any new maps, but there's a few new thing and more fixes! There are new skins and unit models for Mos Eisley. No more random people who don't belong there! These new skins and models are thanks to TWINKEYRUNAWAY.

CHANGELOG:
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Ping weapon is no longer a weapon
- Ping occurs every 30 seconds. It places a marker on the last known position of all the assassins for 15 seconds.
- Weapons Scanner no longer uses a chat message to display information. Now uses an effect. Red means they have weapons and blue means they don't.
- Weapons scanner also does not teleport the citizen to you.
- Placed barrier has a name now.
- Barrier's health has been lowered so it can be killed by a spear.
- New civilians on Mos Eisley! You can now play as an aqualish, the thing that almost shot Han Solo (idk what it is), a Twilek, and a weequay.
- The rebel soldier and vanguard have been removed.
- The rebel smuggler and pilot got new skins.
- More small bug fixes.
- The empire now wins after the timer is up. No more hiding for five minutes!
- Spear damage lowered slightly.
- No more healing/ammo droids on Mos Eisley.
- The number of civilians depends on the conquest unit count. Increase that to have more civilians! Or decrease it to have less.
As usual, tell me if you see anything wrong and if you have any suggestions feel free to put them out there. I'll probably get some new screenshots soon because there is a bunch of new stuff. Naboo isn't quite as polished as Mos Eisley but it's still playable.

EDIT: Screenshots!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by Noobasaurus on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: City Watch 3.5

Post by Locutus »

Weeee, update! :D

Definitely gonna play that, though the next LAN might be a couple of weeks away.