GTA IV to Battlefront II - Liberty City

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

GTA IV to Battlefront II - Liberty City

Post by thelegend »

GTA IV to Battlefront II

Hey all,
after a long time I am going to realese maps and mods again. In my newest mod I 'copied' Liberty City of GTA IV. If you have ever played any Grand Theft Auto Games you'll probably know what this map contains. This is the first time where I have made custom models and added custom sounds. And there is also a custom Background Music.
Here is the desciption I used in my trailer:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6sbq ... ront_II.7z

Code: Select all

This is my newest mod that contains one map: Liberty City. The city where GTA IV takes place. In this mod there is just one mode (and one era) where you can do everything what you want.
You can play as three famous Grand Theft Auto Characters: Niko Bellic (IV), Claude Speed (III) and as Tommy Vercetty (Vice City).
There are a few different vehicles. From cars to ships and from trains to helicopters. You can take public transport vehicles or can drive cars and fly helicopters. In this map there is no limit.
There is also a 24 minutes day and night rythm as you can see in the Video.
Here is a full list of all fly- and driveable vehicles:
-4 different colored Cars
-Taxi
-Police Car
-Helicopter
-Police Helicopter (with Minigun)

There are a few more vehicles, but there're just prop-objects:
-Ferries
-Buses

There is one ferry that can take you around the Southern Rivers and one Subway Train that also can take you around the left island.
Here is alist of all weapons:
-9mm Combat Pistol
-AK-47 assault rifle
-Heavy Sniper Rifle
-Mac 10 Machine Pistol
-Mp5 Machine Pistol
-RPG-7 Rocket Launcher
-Police Shotgun
-Minigun (only attached on the Police Helicopter)
I really hope you like this map. This is probably the map where I spent the most time I had.

Videos: Here you can see both trailers:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgD7S1 ... IsQVfUaJnQ (Teaser)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Z2siGC32E (Official Trailer)

Downloadlink: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6sbq ... ront_II.7z
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: GTA IV to Battlefront II - Liberty City

Post by Marth8880 »

Judging by the trailer alone (I love you eternally for using Tangerine Dream, by the way :) ), this looks like it could be so much more than what it currently is! The concept and perhaps gameplay seems to be there, but visually, it's incredibly lacking. Stock Naboo textures? Come on, man. You can do better than that! The fact that it looks more like Naboo than NYC or LC or anything else is almost enough to make me uninterested enough to not want to bother playing, personally. After all, I don't think most of New York City is beige/brown. :P Also, the cars could definitely use a HUGE tune-up visually - they could also use 9pose animations for the front wheels. (Not hard at all to make.) I mean the cars in the original Max Payne looked better than that and the game was published in 2001! Simply beveling the cars' edges, and applying an environment map (both super-easy to do) would make all the positive difference!

I don't mean to be harsh or anything like that, I just know you can do a lot better. :thumbs:

I'll likely give it a download and check out the gameplay.

EDIT: Oh, another thing, you should convert the monorail prop into a turret and give it passenger slots so you can actually get inside of it and such without having to worry about walking along with it and such.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I know. Ok the roofs and so on look a bit...boring. And yes I know I can do that better with the textures but It was never planned to duplicate the whole city. The one thing were the object limit. And the other one is it were a bit too glitchy and there would have to be other 50 different building textures.
And because of the cars...as I said it was my first time with xsi. Now I can do a few better models after a few tries and fails^
But the main thing of this mod is/ was to do a copy of GTA for swbf2. All the funny stuff you can do in gta.
But I am glad you want to give it a try :)
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

I agree with what Marth said, but I think the concept is really good. I'll download it, and see what the gameplay is like.
Keep up the good work!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Another fantastic map made by The Legend, "TheLegend!" If you were to add an update this map I actually have a few ideas!
- You should make the gang members on the map hostile as well but not on the police side either.
- Maybe add one more character to the unit list since it seems a little short.
- Not sure if others are having this problem but when I do launch it on Multiplayer I seem to be stuck on the police side and can not spawn (even if I choose "player select" and launch it still auto assigns me to the police side).
- Make the Police Force a playable side (understandable G.T.A. 5 is about being a master criminal not a hero)
- Maybe brighten up the map a little bit (unless you intended to make Liberty City "dark" and "gloomy."
I am not saying you SHOULD do these but I am just lightly suggesting them for you!