Retexture Project

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

dev0lved
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars Battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Retexture Project

Post by dev0lved »

Hi All,

I have begun retexturing the shipped maps that came with SWBF2. They are replacers and only swap out .tga files, edit .fx and .lgt files. As I understand it, these can be edited and remain multiplayer compatible. If someone could check this for me that would be wonderful. Take a look and see if it's your kind of thing:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rezzed-maps

BF2 has always been a favourite of mine, i've come back to it many times over the years on both PS2 and PC and have enjoyed every revisit. I've been playing a lot of other peoples mods and thought i'd contribute.

I've been lurking on these forums a fair bit recentlym, they have been really helpful :) Thanks for the wealth of history on modding this great game.

Cheers

Dev0lved
15Cyber
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Retexture Project

Post by 15Cyber »

Nice job ! :thumbs:
R2D2
Games I'm Playing :: SWRC SWTFU SWBF2

Post by R2D2 »

Great mod! I've been waiting for someone to do this forever. :D
dev0lved
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars Battlefron

Post by dev0lved »

Mygeeto and Mustafar released now, can be found in the link above. They are both 1.0 and there are still things I wish to complete on them. These are different than the previous three re-textures because the Pandemic originals are level specific, part combinations, and non-tileable so I couldn't do any easy replacements.

Because of this, the textures are upscaled, sharpened, patterned/nois-i-fied, just some cheap gimp trickery.

Also included on the ModDB page is an ENB preset that was developed for GTA San Andreas. The only effects enabled are Anisotropic Filtering and a small amount of colour correction to make colours more vivid. (Because i like high bloom sweet blaster bolts). The difference in distant textures, especially outdoor ground textures is like "chalk and cheese".