Orion City

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

SpartanA259
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Orion City
xbox live or psn: Steam: [404] Ash

Orion City

Post by SpartanA259 »

Hey folks. I have finally decided to release this project.

Screenshots below
Hidden/Spoiler:
Download Link

Have fun
Enjoy the map
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Orion City

Post by Deviss »

yay! downloading now :D
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Thank you so much

==REPORT==

I just enjoyed your map and it's realy a great looking map. while gameplay i noticed nothing that didn't fit. You got the right balance between a wide free street and things to cover.
Problems/Bugs:
On the first start it crashed. No idea why, but maybe it was because i had an rc and bfx map in the playlist.
Vehicle fpm: When i sprint with the tank i can see past the fom model.
sides: you don't use the stock sides. You took the stock sides, but included them as customs. Would be better if you use the stock once. (your once have problems with award weapons. rifleman: rifle>pistol>aRifle>aPistol>aRifle>pistol>...)
The speeders stand all at the side. I think it would look great if some of them are in the middle of the street (damaged) so that it looks like they are destroyed when the battle started.

Some ideas:
I'd love to interact with the tanks. Not to drive them, but if you maybe can sit in some of them and fire the canon, or if you could overload them with the fusion cutter to fastly drive forward and crash in anything it hits. Where as it shouldn't be stoped by units but by tanks, trees, or something else from the enviroment.
It would be nice to see some mod support (BFx, DT,..)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I gave it a try. It was...decent overall, to say the least.

What I liked:
-Layout
-Visual style

What I disliked:
-Lack of ambient sound streams (as always, lel) - you probably could have just loaded in the stock Naboo ones
-The "flatness" of the lighting - you should consider darkening the top and bottom ambient colors

Notes:
-I was able to exit the (presumably-)intended playable area as a hero or jetpack unit - collision volumes, boundaries, and a lower map ceiling should fix this
-The "sidewalk" mesh has bad collision - I shouldn't have to jump to get on top of it
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Looks really good from a distance. I'll give it a play tomorrow!