Unfinished - Droideka Challenge Level

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Unfinished - Droideka Challenge Level

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is a very primitive form of the idea, so expect default Yavin sky, default textures etc...

This is basically an empty-ish map with random stock objects scatted around, with command posts placed in strategic locations.

There is no AI bots for either team.
This is a CW era only level, trying to load G era results in your game crashing.
-I cannot seem to remove a choice for G era from instant action menu.

Your goal is to capture all the command posts using your specially modified Droideka.
Your Droideka abilities are:
Hidden/Spoiler:
- no damage from water (there is no water in the level...)
- high jump in ball mode
- stick and climb objects vertically
- no damage from crashes, collision, and long falling
- fast unroll and roll time
- fast walk speed
- less slipping, this partially happens due to sticky mod
- death explosion has a damage radius (there is nothing to destroy in this version...)
Hints:
Hidden/Spoiler:
- when you die, do not pick same spawn over and over, your spawn for each base can help you get a different base
- to stick to an object, slide past it while rolling, or jump onto it
- there is invisible collision meant to block you and some to help you as platforms and objects
- you will need to respawn at different times to pick from a new starting location,
so use your 15 reinforcements wisely - in other words: you cannot capture every base in 1 life
- there is more than 1 way to capture some bases
Past: I was going to make a series of similar maps like this, but I lost interest.

Future: With the recent release of custom campaign support, I have regained interest. I plan to make a long series of stunt/challenge levels with different abilities and hazards, difficulty shall increase as you pass each level. Making this as a custom campaign is more appealing than having instant action menu cluttered up, and I can choose which levels players access in what order.

Again, this is just a rough emptyish version to get thoughts and ideas and feedback.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xlzwl ... evel+v1.7z (8mb)

Credits: Gametoast for basic modding tutorials.
No custom assets were used and I didn't really need any help personally.
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Unfinished - Droideka Challenge Level

Post by razac920 »

I will try it out right now. One question though is why can't you remove GCW era from the mod? Please post your addme
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

razac920 wrote:I will try it out right now. One question though is why can't you remove GCW era from the mod? Please post your addme
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]--Search through the missionlist to find a map that matches mapName,
--then insert the new flags into said entry.
--Use this when you know the map already exists, but this content patch is just
--adding new gamemodes (otherwise you should just add whole new entries to the missionlist)
function AddNewGameModes(missionList, mapName, newFlags)
for i, mission in missionList do
if mission.mapluafile == mapName then
for flag, value in pairs(newFlags) do
mission[flag] = value
end
end
end
end

--insert totally new maps here:
local sp_n = 0
local mp_n = 0
sp_n = table.getn(sp_missionselect_listbox_contents)
mp_n = table.getn(sp_missionselect_listbox_contents)

sp_missionselect_listbox_contents[sp_n+1] = { isModLevel = 1, mapluafile = "DSC%s_%s", era_g = 0, era_c = 1, mode_con_g = 0, mode_con_c = 1,}
mp_n = table.getn(mp_missionselect_listbox_contents)
mp_missionselect_listbox_contents[mp_n+1] = sp_missionselect_listbox_contents[sp_n+1]

-- associate this mission name with the current downloadable content directory
-- (this tells the engine which maps are downloaded, so you need to include all new mission lua's here)
-- first arg: mapluafile from above
-- second arg: mission script name
-- third arg: level memory modifier. the arg to LuaScript.cpp: DEFAULT_MODEL_MEMORY_PLUS(x)

--AddDownloadableContent("DSC","DSCg_con",4)
AddDownloadableContent("DSC","DSCc_con",4)

-- all done
newEntry = nil
n = nil

-- Now load our core.lvl into the shell to add our localize keys
ReadDataFile("..\\..\\addon\\DSC\\data\\_LVL_PC\\core.lvl")
[/code]
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by razac920 »

Replace

Code: Select all

sp_missionselect_listbox_contents[sp_n+1] = { isModLevel = 1, mapluafile = "DSC%s_%s", era_g = 0, era_c = 1, mode_con_g = 0, mode_con_c  = 1,}
with

Code: Select all

sp_missionselect_listbox_contents[sp_n+1] = { isModLevel = 1, mapluafile = "DSC%s_%s", era_c = 1, mode_con_c  = 1,}
Well, it's certainly very fun and entertaining, but challenging. I've just got one more CP to capture, CP6, but I have no idea how to reach it. As far as I can see, it's on a blue platform very high in space, with nothing nearby. Any hints?

Edit: So eventually I discovered that I spawned "near" CP6 by choosing to spawn from a different cp. I am on an invisible platform, and I see a red arrow pointing in one direction. At this point I become stuck, and teleport to the CP directly, which I now see is pointing away from the arrow. Oddly, from the spawn point I cannot see the CP at all. Maybe there is an elevation difference? Droidekas are very bad at looking up or down.