Tatooine At War [1.1] - Final Version

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Tatooine At War - Final Version

Post by thelegend »

I have just released the map. Download links can be found in my first post.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Just awesome. Spectacular map. Totally authentic. It feels totally awesome to fight inside a TIE Fighter and reduce the enemy's reinforcement count to fifty in just one life, while the other pilots assist you in the canyons.
Survival mode is really intense (congrats on achieving such a challenge :thumbs: ) and race mode is fun.
It only needs first person cockpits, but the rest is absolutely awesome. Haven't played a map like this since JazzMaster's Suun Ra: Desert City...by the way, where is JazzMaster? He was working on a totally badass Cato Neimoidia map and he just vanished :runaway:
Captlupa
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Captlupa »

dude u should add XL mode to the map that would be Diet Dr. Pepper amazing
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Map is as cool as it was during the beta. Nothing made it worse,although Survival mode is kinda bugged.

You see,if I get the award weapon for the weapon in Survival and change my weapon,the original weapon is gone!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Love this final version of the map Legend! Race mode is pretty challenging since you need to keep up your speed yet be sure to not miss the next circle or you basically lose the game. When I tried it on my first time I was able to finish with seven seconds to spare! The Survival Mode is definitely pretty challenging as it progresses but I do not have that hard of a time surviving after getting the blaster rifle. Conquest to me feels like the public beta version but in a good way. The command posts are close in certain areas and are farther off in other areas which requires you to do some traveling around the map. Very nice job TheLegend, this is a great way to end off the 2015 year! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you (figured I would say it now since most people spend Christmas with family and friends).
Last edited by MikeTheBeast55 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Map is as cool as it was during the beta. Nothing made it worse,although Survival mode is kinda bugged.

You see,if I get the award weapon for the weapon in Survival and change my weapon,the original weapon is gone!

This shouldn't actually happen. I even removed all awarded effects by .lua. Maybe create a second (or just a new profile) and play this mode again. Somebody else had this problem while playing as Boba Fett, but awards were removed though.

@Mike: Thanks. I wish you merry Christmas and happy holidays too.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

It's a Masterpiece , probably your best work yet.

It's amazing how you managed to port some of the models from SWBF3 , truly a great achievement.
I hope you continue working on other maps like this in the future.

One question I have is: Where did you find that skyhopper model?

Thanks again.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

The model is from Maveritchell.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:The model is from Maveritchell.
Yes it is. I downloaded it from here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31698

Edit: Bugs have been fixed, multiplayer is now playable again. Tatooine At War [1.1] can now be downloaded from my first post.
Venator
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Tatooine At War [1.1] - Final Version

Post by Venator »

I'd love to see your take on a Yavin 4/Death Star map using these models, the capital ships you added on this map are reminding me of Elite Squadron. Good map!
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

I want to play this map but the download refuses to open for me. Is there a link of it in .rar or .zip format?
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

kitfisto15678 wrote:I want to play this map but the download refuses to open for me. Is there a link of it in .rar or .zip format?

Unfortunately not. It would have taken too much time to upload the map as .zip or .rar. But I recommend to install 7zip (You would need this to extract the files from the download). It's the best file compression program I know and many other modders use this program too to archive their files: http://www.7-zip.org/

Please tell me if it worked for you.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Yeah I've got a mac so I can't download 7zip. My stuffit expander app usually can open 7z files but for some reason it can't open this one.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Mac..? When will Apple and Microsoft begin to become friends...Alright. I will reupload this map in .rar. I am going to send you a pm then. I hope it will work for you then.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Finally played this map -- really loved it. The concept of a big multi-location Tatooine map is something a lot of people try and something a lot of people mess up, but here it's a success. There's just the right number of units to keep it exciting but not too frustrating or too boring to play. The vehicles add another level without feeling like they eat too much or too little of the action. Each of the locations is pretty faithfully recreated - the new modes are pretty fun in their own right and add a lot to the existing map. A+ work, dude!
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

I love this map and have to say, that it's very well done over all! :thumbs:
Will this really be the final release? ... because there are still some tiny weapon-switching bugs:
I am not able to switch some weapons back if I switched to the secondary with some classes :|
(eg. when playing Boba - stucks at flame thrower)
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

suLac wrote:I love this map and have to say, that it's very well done over all! :thumbs:
Will this really be the final release? ... because there are still some tiny weapon-switching bugs:
I am not able to switch some weapons back if I switched to the secondary with some classes :|
You see, Boba's rifle is based on the award blaster rifle(I think) but Boba isn't assigned any award weapons. If your profile has max 64 earnings for award rifle, and you switch weapons on a character that isn't assigned award weapons, you won't be able to switch back since nothing is there. You can fix the issue by making a fresh profile at the game's main menu, and you can access Boba's gun again since the award earning isn't permanent. As for the modder's side, adding an award weapon slot should fix the issue.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

suLac wrote:I love this map and have to say, that it's very well done over all! :thumbs:
Will this really be the final release?
Most likely, he just went back to fix some bugs that the map had which he did not really notice. One of the top priorities for mod maps are to SQUASH ALL BUGS in maps so they flow gameplay-wise.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

anthonybf2 wrote:
You see, Boba's rifle is based on the award blaster rifle(I think) but Boba isn't assigned any award weapons. If your profile has max 64 earnings for award rifle, and you switch weapons on a character that isn't assigned award weapons, you won't be able to switch back since nothing is there. You can fix the issue by making a fresh profile at the game's main menu, and you can access Boba's gun again since the award earning isn't permanent. As for the modder's side, adding an award weapon slot should fix the issue.
Thx for this enlightenment :mrgreen:
... it will also fix the same bug for the 607th Saga maps for me, I think :)
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

suLac wrote:Will this really be the final release?
Yes. This is the final release. I am not going to continue working on this map anymore. I have other plans for the future. My main goal for Version 1.1 was to fix some bugs I didn't notice. Somebody also requested me to enable multiplayer. I am glad I got it working again. Multiplayer+Bug Fixes were my main goal.