Galactic Civil War II [UPDATE 1.6]

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Galactic Civil War II [UPDATE 1.6]

Post by Delta-1035 »

Hello everyone!

I'm back with a new era release, this time it's based on the Resistance Vs First Order war.

1,6 RELEASE
Lots of small things have been improved\changed since the last version, skins, models, animations and such. Space maps have been added and the new Jakku Outpost map made by Commander Cody is included in the pack. Hunt mode is available in Geonosis and hero assault on Mos Eisley. The First Order has his proper symbol as CP icon.

You can play CGWII in all these maps:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You can play the GCWII era on the following stock maps:
-coruscant
-dagobah
-death star
-endor
-felucia
-geonosis
-geonosis (hunt)
-hoth
-kamino
-kashyyyk
-mustafar
-mygeeto
-naboo
-polis massa
-tantive iv
-mos eisley
-mos eisley(hero assault)
-jabba's palace
-utapau
-yavin 4
-space hoth
-space tatooine
-space yavin4

You can play the GCWII era on the following Marvel's BF1 Converted maps:
-bespin cloud city
-bespin platforms
-kashyyyk islands
-kashyyyk docks
-rhen var temple
-rhen var harbor
-naboo plains

You can play the GCWII era on the following custom maps (if you already have them in your Addon):
-saleucami valley
-honogh crash site
-alzoc 3
-BF2-Master's Geonosis will be playable when the map will be released
-tatooine at war
-tatooine tusken camp
-aderaan lakeside
-corellia mountain top

You can play the GCWII era on Jakku Outpost, brand new map made by commander cody that is exclusive to this mod and included in the TFA folder.
Vehicles:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-first order snowspeeder
-first order scout walker (at-rt-like)
-resistance light attack speeder
-first order tie fighter
-first order special forces tie fighter
-resistance xwing
-resistance special forces xwing
-first order speederbike
Heroes so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-rey (she has force powers, I know, but this is probably going to change.
-finn
-poe dameron
-han solo
-chewbacca
-luke skywalker
-cpt phasma
-kylo ren
-general hux
v1,6 pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
v1,5 pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
v1,0 pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Credits:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Dev: bothan model (and a lot of help in these 8 years)
-Codarez: dlt20a and ca87 blaster models
-Commander Cody: his awesome Jakku map that he kindly made for this era mod
-sereja: dh17 blaster, bf1 sniper backpack, resistance scout blaster and sniperrifle, flametanks, improved LAAT
-AQT: rep blaster pistol model without stock
-Indytotof: kylo saber texture
-thelegend: kylo'saber model, tatooine at war map, he added ggctuk's vest to the stormtrooper model
-codarez: navy commando model
-pyschofred's naboo pilot model
-qdin: trooper legs and arms used as chunks
-ggctuk: f-11 model, stormtrooper vest
-wazmol: trooper helmet used as chunk
-marvel's bf1 conversion pack scripts
-Acemastermind: FO's cp icon model
-all those GT members that where kind enough to comment here and give good suggestions
Download here!

Extract the TFA.zip in you AddOn folder.

Hope you enjoy, fell free to report any bug.
Last edited by Delta-1035 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Galactic Civil War II 1.0

Post by RevanSithLord »

Wow! This is certainly a nice treat! Also, welcome back. I wondered where you had gone. :P Totally downloading.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Wow that's great. I love the FO. The resistance may need some more work.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I just played some quick matches and I really love this era mod. There's content. The sides are balanced. There are new units, heroes and more. I love the new weapons and the new animations are also a nice touch as well. I really love the new reskinned weapons and units. They all fit very well together and after playing as a First Order Stormtrooper I really felt like I was a part of the new Movie. I can't wait to see this era on other modes (especially Hero Assault(suggestion: Also with CW and GCW heroes)) and maps.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

:D wow....just wow Delta....

This is a very well done era. I love how it borrows heavily from the new battlefront in terms of game play. Im personally not that big a fan of unlimited ammo over heating weapons but it works for this mod. Skin work is good and with what you had to work with in terms of models it looks great. Im sure more official looking the force awakens models will be released throughout the year and maybe we can see more updates as this mod continues. I love how you take a model and do something to its texture that makes it look like something totally different, you have a real talent for that and its something I take inspiration from as a texture artist as myself. Im actually not a fan of having a lot of units either, but the units in this mod have enough unique attributes that I feel its perfectly justified to have all this great variety.

In terms of suggestions sir I have a few:
The AT-ST is not a bad base for a first order walker. But the build and size should reassemble this vehicle a little more.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
And lucky for you battlefront already has a vehicle that is almost identical to that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You could have fun with override textures and have imperial walker that reassemble the environment they are in. Like the desert mission, snow mission and forest mission variants of the imperial scout walker.

If your looking for something of a good map that resembles star killer base you could try munging with permission/crediting from GAB of his alzoc blizzard 3 map.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Source files:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=30683

I feel with this release you can convince some modders on here that you mean business and that if they jump on board for some hex editing/modeling/and maybe even map making that we can get a really cool TFA mod with more stuff in the future. (Dont know if you would be interested but I can help get some custom sounds and voice work for you. I have some hex edited sullustian and mon callimari models that were created by tirpider that im not using right now to if you wanted to take a look.)
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

This mod is awesome! I'm glad to see more TFA mods. :D
Delta-1035 wrote:(I'd love to add TR-8R too, i'm just trying to find a good model for his weapon).
I found one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cl3e3 ... l+Baton.7z
Hidden/Spoiler:
I found this on Facepunch. It was released by Hoffy1138.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Awesome find Dylan! It seems all the modeler requests is credit, which is always a nice thing.

Also here are more variants of the resistance soldiers for inspiration.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You could use pyschofred's naboo pilot(or a rextured hoth female rebel sniper with the goggles) with one of your signature re textures and maybe a textured luke skywalker for the male. The imperial officer has a similar texture pattern for the jacket and some brown/green overlays with some darker exposure would help make it almost identical to the reference pic.

what the naboo pilot looks like, looking for a download for it.
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/down ... opilot.jpg
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Whoa, really nice units Delta, I am speechless! This is one of the many mods from the new Star Wars movie I was expecting to see. I wonder what other people's projects are consisting of for this movie besides the Battlefront Awakens Mod someone is currently working on.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote: The AT-ST is not a bad base for a first order walker. But the build and size should reassemble this vehicle a little more.
I acutally had that idea and I will probably try that asap! ;)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote: If your looking for something of a good map that resembles star killer base you could try munging with permission/crediting from GAB of his alzoc blizzard 3 map.
Oh nice, that would be good!
DylanRocket wrote: I found one:
Great! Now I need somebody that can convert it to msh!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote: Also here are more variants of the resistance soldiers for inspiration.
Yup, nice idea that naboo pilot!

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback and the great ideas :D
willkilla
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: bf2

Post by willkilla »

Thank you for adding the new era! I was hoping someone would take up the task. The quality is there and the sides are balanced. Fantastic job. I'd love to see Kylo's cape. The only weird thing is that I hear people shouting to watch out for Vader when I'm playing as Kylo and hearing Vader talk. And if I spam LMB the SE-44c becomes a little OP.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

I'm gonna post the same thing I posted on SWBFGamers:

Review:
  • Very solid gameplay, love the class setup and weapons. (And how they're all based on EA SWBF)
  • Great work on the skins. However, Gistch/Ggctuk released some better models of the Stormtroopers HERE, however, no offense to G, your textures for them are way better, I suggest combining the two.
  • Those blaster shot effects are BEAU-TI-FUL. I must haz them right NOW!!!!!! (Though I do think the infantry ones are a bit too wide, and the vehicle ones are way too small.)
  • The First Order appears to be overpowered. Particularly on maps where they have tanks.
  • I think Kylo Ren needs a new combo. Perhaps some mix of Anakin/Obi-wan, Luke and Mace's styles.
  • I don't think it needs to be said, but when we get a good tonfa model, definitely add Nines/TR-8R.
  • Any plans on adding Rey?
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by jomhar97 »

Some Questions and Suggestions:

1.)As others have asked, are you planning on adding Rey? If so, what weapon will she be using? The staff or Anakin's lightsaber?

2.)Also you should make major heroes(Has a timer or lightsaber bar) and minor heroes(unlock with points). For the FO, the Major Hero should be Kylo, with the minor hero being Captain Phasma. And for the Resistance, the Major Hero should be Rey, with the minor heroes being Finn, Poe, Han, or Chewbacca. Or if that's complicated, you can just resort to having every hero be the normal unlockable hero that you have to answer "yes" or "no" to; in that case, the heroes for either side for each map should be randomized like in ME: Unification.

3.) Are you planning on adding movie voice overs for the heroes?

4.) FO Heavy Walker(Akin to the ATAT) on Hoth?

5.) Two variations of Rey: One with the pistol given by Han and her Staff without force powers and the other one being, just Anakin's lightsaber with force powers. Again like the ME: Unification mod where there are multiple Shepard hero variations that are randomized.

6.) New sound effects for the blasters based on the movie.

7.) This is not a suggestion, but I noticed that when I installed this mod, it changes the era names for the Dark Times mod(Changed to "123 clone wars") and the ME: Unification mod(changes to "New Jedi Order") on stock maps. Is this a bug?

Thanks! And cheers to such a wonderful mod.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Wow , that is freaking Amazing! Very well done!
You guys are keeping Battlefront 2 alive and fresh , you have my praises.

1)First of all ,I have to agree with Twinkey you might just want to add the AT-RT walker instead , it's part of the new toys for TFA too.

2)If you add TR-8R you'll make us all go crazy , there are models for the batton and the shield I thinkfor Gmod and SFM.

3)Adding Rey with Anakin's lightsaber would make this mod perfect , there's a Rey model available too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
I have a rather silly question but is it possible to port high quality models in BFII? Will the game crash? El_Fabricio managed to port the SWBF3 models for example.

4)Finally , If I send you a voice pack from the movie for Finn , Poe , Phasma and Kylo Ren , do you think you can put them in the game? and have have Kylo be like "He means nothing to me..." everytime he kills / spawns.

That's all , tell me if you can add the voices and I'll PM you the files.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

Thanks for the good comments, guys.

As I've already said, I have and had to work with what is now available with stock or released assets.

Everything that is not there, can not be in the mod - like rey or other vehicles.

Also I'd like to stick with not-that-high-quality-models, they would stand out too much. For example I loved the new models for Dark Times because they fit perfectly the swbf2 style.

About the new blaster sounds and\or VOs, I don't really think that it's necessary, but who knows.

I'm already working on the walker, it just need to be reskinned:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The resistance sniper has been changed as well:
Hidden/Spoiler:
These pictures have been taken on the map Honoghr: Crash-Site made by Felipe Gabe (GAB) which is now added; if you have this map in your addon, you can play the GCWII era on it.
jomhar97 wrote:s is not a suggestion, but I noticed that when I installed this mod, it changes the era names for the Dark Times mod(Changed to "123 clone wars") and the ME: Unification mod(changes to "New Jedi Order") on stock maps. Is this a bug?
I don't really know what's going on there!

Thanks, again, to everyone!

EDIT: this is what I've came up with today (aayla and anakin's models)
Hidden/Spoiler:
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Wow! That's relly creative. I love these reskins!
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Rey AND Anakin , wow that was fast!

Srsly if it's not too hard I'd love if you changed some of the dialogue for the heroes or would it at least be possible for me to change that somehow?
I could do it if you show me how.
It'd be really nice have Rey and Kylo Ren in-game talking while they fight!

Thanks again!
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by jomhar97 »

About the new blaster sounds and\or VOs, I don't really think that it's necessary, but who knows.
But you see, those little things are necessary if you want your FO mod to stand out even more, considering this is the first real/unique FO mod ever to come out. Plus having custom sounds and VO's in your mod will not only increase immersion and create a better gameplay experience, but will also put your mod as one of the more higher quality mods out there. Why do you think the Dark Times and the ME: Unification mod are one of the most popular mods ever to exist? Because it is the amount of attention to the most minor or minute of detail that makes them stand out. I'm not saying that you should make a total conversion nor am I saying that you have low standards for your mod, but if you need something that you know is not in the library then don't be afraid to ask someone to make models and or to help you and heed to the offerings of other posters here in order to make the mod better. If it means forming a team, then go ahead. And I believe an earlier poster on this thread is willing to give you audio clips for the VO's of the heroes; consider them. All in all, your mod has so much potential that has yet to be seen or exploited in the future and I can't wait for what is to come.

Good Luck! :thumbs:
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Could you add this to Marvel 4's SWBF1 conversions, too? That would be epic.

Also, seriously, I would love to have those laser effects if you'll let me.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Delta-1035 wrote:
jomhar97 wrote:s is not a suggestion, but I noticed that when I installed this mod, it changes the era names for the Dark Times mod(Changed to "123 clone wars") and the ME: Unification mod(changes to "New Jedi Order") on stock maps. Is this a bug?
I don't really know what's going on there!
You need to fix your addme script with Zerted's code: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=350615#p350615
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

Thank you, Marth. I'll see what I can do with that.

First order lands on Alzoc:
Hidden/Spoiler: