Story of Destinia [Test Version 03/05/16]

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Story of Destinia [Test Version 03/05/16]

Post by thelegend »

Public Test Version
Hidden/Spoiler:
I feel sorry for double posting but I needed a clean post for this.
Hey all,
I would like to share this Test Version with you. It's not a beta yet. But the first two chapters are already finished, there are already three playable skins and the map (First continent) is about 95% done. I lately finished the first City and before continuing the story and other things I would like to know what do you think about the Gameplay of this map? What do you think about this map, the characters, the overall setting..The dialogue, the plot etc. What do you like? What do you don't like? Is there something that is missing and really needs to be implemented?
I really apprectiate if you can answer me these questions and could give me your opinion about this map.

There are still some bugs and the player may stuck somewhere at some places but the campaign works fine so far. I didn't encounter any crashes or freezes during the first two chapters. The Load Funtion also works fine and if you want to explore the full map, having all weapons and skins (which are currently in) you just would need to walk into the cave (in the beginning) and load Chapter 3. Chapter 3 is just a placeholder chapter which starts after Chapter 2 was finished. There is alo an Objective. But it's just an unnessesary Go-to near the temple. You can ignore it. There is no Victory/Defeat yet. However during Chapter 2 there is a time limited mission. If you fail it then you will fail the mission and need to restart the map.

It is really important to read the readme first. It should tell you everything you need to know about this map so far for now.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndu8u ... 0a/SOD.rar
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Re: Story of Destinia [Test Version 03/05/16]

Post by jedimoose32 »

I played for a while and here is my feedback so far:
- Great idea. An RPG in the Zero Engine? Fantastic.
- As Mav said, the story is cheesy as hell but that's part of what makes it great.
- The world is really beautiful.
- The boat to Starfish island is a bit too slow; I suggest making it faster. Especially because:
Hidden/Spoiler:
When you are coming back from the island and the village is under attack it feels like it takes a really brutally long time to get back. I think it should feel more like you get to the village right as the ships area leaving.
- The map doesn't really line up with the terrain in most places.
- The barrels in the master's training room should only take one or two hits to kill. It seems like the point of the exercise is to navigate the obstacle course, not learn the combat system.
- I know you're probably adding this at some point, but a save/load feature would be nice. I failed the training course and was kind of frustrated that I had to start the whole game over.

A good start to a really promising mod! Keep up the good work. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Story of Destinia [Test Version 03/05/16]

Post by Marth8880 »

jedimoose32 wrote:- I know you're probably adding this at some point, but a save/load feature would be nice.
Relevant: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17867