Temple Aqua

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

MrMew
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Temple Aqua

Post by MrMew »

Conquest Map
1.3 patch NOT required
Battle the CIS, Republic, Alliance or Empire in a desert water temple.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4suC ... 4qvy_XXQgQ
Last edited by MrMew on Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Temple Aqua

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Screenshot looks nice! Might give it a download and playthrough later!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

It looks nicer than I expected from a newer user. But am I am at a loss as to why a desert map has water and palm trees. :P
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

anthonybf2 wrote:It looks nicer than I expected from a newer user. But am I am at a loss as to why a desert map has water and palm trees. :P
It could be an oasis. Oasis's have water and palm trees.

This map looks pretty decent. Haven't played it yet, but I'll play it when I get back from school.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Definitely a pretty well put together map overall. Their are only two minor problems that can either be fixed or left be. The AI seem to run into some walls by a few of the command posts which does slow down gameplay. The second is not really a "problem" just a suggestion, I would have preferred to see some custom sides for the Galactic Civil War era and maybe a few in the clone wars era too but it was still quite a good experience on the map overall.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

The environment of this map is fantastic and very well done. I often felt like I was somewhere in a desert, let's say Egypt, and everything felt so dry..but still fresh due to the water lakes and palm trees. This map reminds me a little bit on this worldfrom Spyro 2.

I like how put every temple buildings into perfect symmetrical places. I also like that everything is inside a valley and is surrounded by sandy hills.
I have some suggestions which may make this map feel more realistic:
-Add some dusty clouds in the background, splining them up into a circle, so players may think there is an actual desert around them.
-Use a more detailed ground texture. This was the only thing I didn't like regarding map design. You can use great textures from here.
-Add some more palms and maybe some bushes. It would look more alive when there are palms everywhere covering many places on the map. Also (just a tip) add some grass onto the map. If this place is supposed to be an oasis add more "live" into this place. Add some fish or let some birds fly, add more trees or place them on grassy areas only.
-Add a sun. A sun would give another important feeling when walking around the map. A sun will give you a "warmer" feeling since...I think it's warm there.

Here are some reference pictures or "might-be-inspiartion-images":
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am looking forward to see more of this map.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

I'm really amazed by your map, it's really very well done overall! :thumbs:

I agree with the hints made by thelegend. The second pic he posted is fitting best in my opinion, so I also would say, that slightly more vegetation (not to much) would improve the already nice looking visual appearance even more.

I'm looking forward seeing more of your work, it looks very promising :)

Some minor issues I noticed:
Hidden/Spoiler:
There are some little issues with object placement (hovering Gonk and Bacta Droid at CP 2 and 3), a missing texture (the pillar leaning against the left side of the bridge seen from CP 3 appears partly white) and some spots where you can look through the map (threshold of the tunnel entrances).

I also noticed, that the Clone Snipers model is a phase 3 while all other units wear phase 1 armor, but I don't know if this is an global problem. Maybe it only happens to me because I use the sides from Battlefront Evolved ... anybody else with this issue?

There is also a strange issue if you play this map after playing an effect heavy map (Kothlis, Shola, Felucia ...): either it causes the game to crash after showing leaderboard on entering loadingscreen for your map or it loads normally but then you got a totally overbloomed ground texture, which makes it nearly unplayable.

Finally there is one more thing, which was a little confusing:
The map appears as "The Killing Floor" in the map list and I don't know if that was intended or not ...

I hope, you could fix some of these in your next release, it would be great! :wink:
MrMew
Private Third Class

Post by MrMew »

Thanks guys,
I won't be focused on fixing this map yet, I want to finish another and make another before fixing such errors. I cut back on the amount of palms to reduce problems the AI would have with vehicles, not really sure how fix looking through the map. The sniper is meant to be phase 3, I just wanted a bit of variety. The map was originally called 'The Killing Floor' sort of as a name holder, however that should be fixed as I changed the name of the map with editlocalize or whatever it is. It shows as 'Temple Aqua' in my game anyway. The location is meant to be in the middle of a desert near a water spring or something (water level is close to the surface), and a temple was built around it. Where would I get dust clouds from? And I might play around with the desert grass that came in the assets pack I downloaded for the terrain. I'll try for a sun. I was going to add a load screen but the effort to do so seemed ridiculous and the utility didn't work for my pc. I also wanted to add detail to the mini-map but I had no idea how to align it or draw the map to look clean. As for AI running into walls near CPs I'm guessing they're walking into the main buildings, but I didn't know how to create a barrier for a certain height so it wouldn't cut off the path on the above 'aqueduct'.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

You are working on more maps already, I am pretty surprised you are already starting on your second map right away. Will you reveal any details on what the map is about or will we have to wait until your map is released to know?