Customizable difficulty script (1.4), greatly improved!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Customizable difficulty script (1.4), greatly improved!

Postby WiseKitsune » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:42 pm

So I thought campaign was too easy to play through with some modded unit classes. Then I thought that other people might enjoy a difficulty mod, so I decided to release this.

Version 1.4 adds a command that can make things much harder without needing side mods.

readme:

Hidden/Spoiler:
Title: Customizable difficulty script

Version: 1.4

Description:

*requires v1.3 patch r129*

*Requires SWBF 1 conversionpack for some functions to work*

Changes in this version:
Added "Modify Difficulty" command. Big thankyou to AnthonyBF2 for suggesting it and Psychofred for documnetation of SetAIDifficulty()

AI difficulty doesn't change anymore unless you use that command.

Automatic changes:

Teams 1 and 2 now support a max of 249 units each in single player, and 100 above the map's normal team size in multi-player

The setup teams function now automatically calculates maximum AI spawn values per class if they are left out,
this is to avoid a bug of having 250ish AI all the time in some campaign missions.

Jedi lightsabers work in space

SetMemoryPoolSize now automatically allocates enough memory for the additional units and vehicles, if the amount specified is too low.

When a human player spawns, the varables pteam and eteam are set equal to that player's team and the other team respectivly.
If a command states "Requires team variables to be set before use", this is what it means.

Optional Changes from awd.lvl (to enable, put awd.lvl in your sides folder):

The award sniper rifle now has as many rounds per clip as the regular rebel alliance sniper rifle.

The auto turret dispenser and timebomb now dispense a y-wing

This y-wing's gunner slot is auto piloted

Commands:

"Add Units to Enemy Team"
Prompts the player for an integer input which adds that many units to the enemy team. Requires team variables to be set before use.

This command NO LONGER makes use of SWBF1 conversion pack units and thus DOES NOT need the conversion pack to be installed.

"Modify Difficulty Setting"
Enter an integer to adjust the difficulty setting. May require team variables to be set before use. Zero is default, positive numbers increase it. Single digits are enough to make a difference from what I've seen.

"Decrease Player Team Health"
Units on your team spawn with %50 max and current health. Only affects spawns after its used and requires team variables to be set before use.

"Decrease Player Team Vehicle Health'
When a player on your team enters a vehicle, the vehicle's max and current health is halved. Requires team variables to be set before use.

"Launch Additional Enemy Fighters"
When an AI controlled player on the enemy team spawns, they automatically get a vehicle to pilot. Excludes some unit classes. Recommended for space maps. Requires team variables to be set before use

This command makes use of SWBF1 conversion pack units, if it can't determine the enemy team's faction, and thus may needs the conversion pack to be installed.

If a command says "Not implemeted on public version" it means I chose not to release something that it uses. Press at your own risk.

Download:

script and source
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ivqmmcd1w ... pt+1-4.zip

edit: If I'm missing something important in the readme. Please let me know and I'll fix it.
Last edited by WiseKitsune on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
Xfire or Steam user: None

Re: Customizable difficulty script (1.3), now with MP suppor

Postby RedHardcore » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Could you please specify more about how many additional vehicles can be spawned in the game. I made a map months ago and I might consider remaking it and I would like to go above the 32 vehicle limit.

Recruit Womprat Killer

Re: Customizable difficulty script (1.3), now with MP suppor

Postby WiseKitsune » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 pm

RedHardcore wrote:Could you please specify more about how many additional vehicles can be spawned in the game. I made a map months ago and I might consider remaking it and I would like to go above the 32 vehicle limit.

I'm unaware of a hard limit for vehicles, but I may have just not heard of one. According to what I know, all you need to do is set high enough memory pools for each vehicle type

eg SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityFlyer",50)

Currently I only raised the limit on flying vehicles to make the launch additional enemy fighters command work.

edit: I might need to re-evaluate the launch additional enemy fighters command, since I discovered some issues with it not spawning vehicles for all the enemy pilots after I implemented it, though it appears to work to some degree

Return to SWBF2 Released Maps & Mods