Vehicular Deathmatch v0.1

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Vehicular Deathmatch v0.1

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Introduction:
This is a beta mod to attempt to make a vehicle deathmatch game mode, where the only thing you do is play vehicles and destroy vehicles.
At the time, the game mode only takes place on Bespin Platforms with ships and is only available in the Galactic Cival Wars era.
Each team gets their three primary fighters - the fast fighters, the mutli-role ships, and the bombers.

Playing:
Look for "Besping Platforms - VDM" in your map list and pick the only mode available (it may be listed as Hero Assault)
When you first reach the game, you will of course pick your team, rebels or empire. You will choose the only character class which is pilots. When you reach the spawn screen you will have different spawn locations with vehicle icons. You can use the icons to determine what vehicle you want. Example, if you pick a spawn location with the A-wing symbol, you'll get the A-wing as a vehicle.

When you officially spawn, you'll already be in the vehicle. If you try to exit your vehicle you will go back inside of the vehicle. Once you take off, you are not allowed to land. You must play until you die. You also risk the chance of being spawned into an already moving vehicle, this was not intended, but it seems cool so I have not tried to prevent it.

BUGS:
- Avoid crashing into the top side of spawn platforms, you get switched into a new vehicle whether or not it's an enemy vehicle, while this sounds cool, you strongly risk crashing the game.
- Game risks crashing randomly, not sure why yet.
- Some things are shown out of place on the radar
- The game mode may be listed as Hero Assault

Credits:
Gametoast for bits of vehicle coding and modding tutorials
LucasArts/Pandemic for this awesome game, SWBF2

Install/Uninstall:
Put the "VDM" folder in your game's Addon folder or delete "VDM" from Addon to remove the mod.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rpzx7butz ... thmatch.7z
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Vehicular Deathmatch v0.1

Post by iamastupid »

The mod looks really good so far, it kinda reminds me of a mod released in early 2015 by razac920.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31359
Mods with vehicles always interest me. Hopefully this mod won't be forgotten like the last.
RookieOne
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RookieOne »

Interesting, could this method be used to spawn a hero vehicle? Such as a space assault map that has normal infantry spawns, but when it's time to play as a hero you spawn directly in the Millennium Falcon?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RookieOne wrote:Interesting, could this method be used to spawn a hero vehicle? Such as a space assault map that has normal infantry spawns, but when it's time to play as a hero you spawn directly in the Millennium Falcon?
Sorry for a really late response but yes I could. I could spawn a special vehicle at the same time the hero is unlocked. You'd still have to actually play as the hero of course but you'd be stuck in the hero vehicle. One downside of this is that vehicle kills do not count as hero kills and your hero would die as if you weren't doing anything.

I mean to work on this more but life is in the way and most of my modding time is on the PSP project. I am also hoping Razac920 may have some free time at some point so we could combine our works as he attempted a vehicle mode before that didn't really take off that well.

Some of my goals for this mod are:
- Make the Bespin map an addon for Marvel4's Bespin Platforms instead of using my own Bespin conversion
- Fix the game mode being listed as hero assault
- Add clone wars era
- Add more vehicles in each era

At the time I took out that part about being forced into a vehicle upon spawning and it stops the random crashes but I haven't uploaded that yet and I am not sure I want to, I really want to keep forced vehicle entry but I will remove it if I can't fix the crashing. In return I could simply put the player spawn around the vehicle and disable player movements so the only option is to press enter to get in the vehicle.