UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG·Steam·Retail

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG·Steam·Retail

Postby Spiret » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Zerted's patch is now compatible with multiplayer patch by GOG. Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch. Changed only two files: common.lvl and shell.lvl.

I used SleepKiller's tool and extracted all scripts from three versions(original, GOG, patch) of common.lvl and shell.lvl, then compared them in Total Commander.

Here is a list of scripts which were changed by GOG:

shell.lvl:
ifs_mpgs_galaxylogin -new one
ifs_instant_options_tags
ifs_missionselect_pcmulti
ifs_mp_sessionlist
ifs_mp_leaderboard
shell_interface

common.lvl:
ifs_mp_lobby
ifs_mpgs_friends
ifs_opt_mp

Some scripts changed both in v1.3 patch and GOG's version: ifs_missionselect_pcmulti, ifs_mp_sessionlist, shell_interface and ifs_mp_lobby.

I placed almost all GOG's scripts in v1.3 patch except ifs_missionselect_pcmulti because it destroys Instant Action.

Also I edited ifs_mpgs_pclogin to avoid replacing of shell_interface.

Image


DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0459g45d ... h-r129.exe
Last edited by Spiret on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:12 am, edited 9 times in total.

Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 am
Location: France
Projects :: Battlefront Ultimate Commander
Games I'm Playing :: swbf I + II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby CdtFox » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks a lot man! :D It's really appreciate!

Hidden/Spoiler:
Don't know if you mind, i've wroted about your release-patch in my lastet article on moddb let me know if it cause any problem ;)

Jedi High Council
User avatar
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:57 pm
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks, man. I posted it to the /r/StarWarsBattlefront sub, hopefully get some exposure.

Lieutenant General
User avatar
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: 411Remnant
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby TWINKEYRUNAWAY » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Thank you for this!

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 4934
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Projects :: EVERYWHERE
Games I'm Playing :: Dark Souls + BF4
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Marth8880 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Spiret wrote:Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch

What do you mean by this? Are you saying you're no longer able to exclude the 1.2 HUD from the files-to-be-installed?

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Can you provide a zip package with the files needed? Many people, like me, dislike installers.

Private Third Class
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby asdfjkl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Marth8880 wrote:
Spiret wrote:Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch

What do you mean by this? Are you saying you're no longer able to exclude the 1.2 HUD from the files-to-be-installed?

I, too, would like to know this. I am not a fan of that HUD and much prefer the original HUD.

That being said, I will install this with hopes that a HUD fix would be retroactive.

Edit: No need for a fix, the hud is still the original for me. This is amazing, thank you

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10846
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Teancum » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:03 pm

This should be put up on ModDB, etc. Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix. I mean at this point everyone should pick up the GoG.com version. It's 3.99 USD. How can you beat that? Four US dollars to get the classic game with online multiplayer again!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii

Lieutenant General
User avatar
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: 411Remnant
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby TWINKEYRUNAWAY » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm

how much better is the gog version? What benefits does it have over the steam version?

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10846
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Teancum » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:11 pm

No DRM for one. It can be installed on as many machines as you want.

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Spiret » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 am

Teancum wrote:Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix.


Do not hurry with this, GOG may can update the game again. This patch is like a Frankenstein, made from parts, original version is better, so user with CD or DVD do not need to install this version. The best way in my opinion is just provide a link to download the new patch, not integrating it in the mod.
Last edited by Spiret on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7393
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Maveritchell » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:17 am

Teancum wrote:This should be put up on ModDB, etc. Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix. I mean at this point everyone should pick up the GoG.com version. It's 3.99 USD. How can you beat that? Four US dollars to get the classic game with online multiplayer again!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii


I'm holding out hope that Steam opens up some workshop support subsequent to their multiplayer. The only thing that's kept me from going back and making sure old glitches (including packaging with older versions of 1.3) were patched out is a desire not to fragment things, and workshop just forces live patches to all users.

Plus, there'd be the advantage of not letting scumbags like the Ultimate Pack guys leech off of everyone else's work.

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Spiret » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 am

I can add a simple checker of which version of SWBF2 is installed: GOG, Steam, CD or DVD. If user will try to install new patch on CD or DVD version, installer will extract unmodified version of the unofficial patch. This will make installer more universal. Nobody is against?

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Spiret wrote:I can add a simple checker of which version of SWBF2 is installed: GOG, Steam, CD or DVD. If user will try to install new patch on CD or DVD version, installer will extract unmodified version of the unofficial patch. This will make installer more universal. Nobody is against?

I really hope for a zip package when it is all ready. :wink:

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF + KoTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Zurul » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 am

Thats cool! Thank you!

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Spiret » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am

Updated installer. Now it is compatible with all game's versions.

.zip archive personally for AnthonyBF2 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/0a4ywiz0n ... h-r129.zip

Lieutenant General
User avatar
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: 411Remnant
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby TWINKEYRUNAWAY » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:01 pm

@Mav
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maveritchell wrote:
I'm holding out hope that Steam opens up some workshop support subsequent to their multiplayer. The only thing that's kept me from going back and making sure old glitches (including packaging with older versions of 1.3) were patched out is a desire not to fragment things, and workshop just forces live patches to all users.

Plus, there'd be the advantage of not letting scumbags like the Ultimate Pack guys leech off of everyone else's work.


It might go a little bit off topic, but have you considered updating some cosmetics if you ever release a patch. Keep the gameplay, effects, but change the models to more recent ones released? Gistech, AQT , rogueknight, sereja and deviss among others have released much higher quality models for weapons and units over the past few years, maybe taking advantage of those visual upgrades would be something to keep in mind?


Thank you so much for updating the installer spiret. Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore? Im assuming that's because of something on disneys updated server hosting
Last edited by TWINKEYRUNAWAY on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby Spiret » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:19 am

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore?


I think this is because of changed ifs_mp_sessionlist script.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 am

Spiret wrote:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore?


I think this is because of changed ifs_mp_sessionlist script.


It is the script missionlist.lua. This needs to be modified to to display the campaigns as the 1.3 did. It's pretty easy to do but if you can't then let me know and I can do it.

Private
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Latvia

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG·Steam·Retail

Postby Spiret » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 am

I understand you, yes, it is pretty easy, just need to change mp_missionselect_listbox_contents. I will do this after GOG will release next update.

Next

Return to SWBF2 Released Maps & Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests