UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r130 for GOG·Steam·Retail

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Spiret
Private

UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r130 for GOG·Steam·Retail

Post by Spiret »

Zerted's patch is now compatible with multiplayer patch by GOG. Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch. Changed only two files: common.lvl and shell.lvl.

I used SleepKiller's tool and extracted all scripts from three versions(original, GOG, patch) of common.lvl and shell.lvl, then compared them in Total Commander.

Here is a list of scripts which were changed by GOG:

shell.lvl:
ifs_mpgs_galaxylogin -new one
ifs_instant_options_tags
ifs_missionselect_pcmulti
ifs_mp_sessionlist
ifs_mp_leaderboard
shell_interface

common.lvl:
ifs_mp_lobby
ifs_mpgs_friends
ifs_opt_mp

Some scripts changed both in v1.3 patch and GOG's version: ifs_missionselect_pcmulti, ifs_mp_sessionlist, shell_interface and ifs_mp_lobby.

I placed almost all GOG's scripts in v1.3 patch except ifs_missionselect_pcmulti because it destroys Instant Action.

Also I edited ifs_mpgs_pclogin to avoid replacing of shell_interface.

DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/file/yrab2a52t ... h-r130.exe
.ZIP VERSION - http://www.mediafire.com/file/9y5g82s5h ... h-r130.zip
MODDB PAGE - https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-b ... patch-r130
Last edited by Spiret on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Post by CdtFox »

Thanks a lot man! :D It's really appreciate!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Don't know if you mind, i've wroted about your release-patch in my lastet article on moddb let me know if it cause any problem ;)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Thanks, man. I posted it to the /r/StarWarsBattlefront sub, hopefully get some exposure.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Thank you for this!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Spiret wrote:Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch
What do you mean by this? Are you saying you're no longer able to exclude the 1.2 HUD from the files-to-be-installed?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Can you provide a zip package with the files needed? Many people, like me, dislike installers.
asdfjkl
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by asdfjkl »

Marth8880 wrote:
Spiret wrote:Installer with new design contains full version of unofficial patch
What do you mean by this? Are you saying you're no longer able to exclude the 1.2 HUD from the files-to-be-installed?
I, too, would like to know this. I am not a fan of that HUD and much prefer the original HUD.

That being said, I will install this with hopes that a HUD fix would be retroactive.

Edit: No need for a fix, the hud is still the original for me. This is amazing, thank you
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

This should be put up on ModDB, etc. Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix. I mean at this point everyone should pick up the GoG.com version. It's 3.99 USD. How can you beat that? Four US dollars to get the classic game with online multiplayer again!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

how much better is the gog version? What benefits does it have over the steam version?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

No DRM for one. It can be installed on as many machines as you want.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

Teancum wrote:Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix.
Do not hurry with this, GOG may can update the game again. This patch is like a Frankenstein, made from parts, original version is better, so user with CD or DVD do not need to install this version. The best way in my opinion is just provide a link to download the new patch, not integrating it in the mod.
Last edited by Spiret on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Teancum wrote:This should be put up on ModDB, etc. Perhaps I should talk with Maveritchell about uploading a 2.3 Convo Pack with this fix. I mean at this point everyone should pick up the GoG.com version. It's 3.99 USD. How can you beat that? Four US dollars to get the classic game with online multiplayer again!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii
I'm holding out hope that Steam opens up some workshop support subsequent to their multiplayer. The only thing that's kept me from going back and making sure old glitches (including packaging with older versions of 1.3) were patched out is a desire not to fragment things, and workshop just forces live patches to all users.

Plus, there'd be the advantage of not letting scumbags like the Ultimate Pack guys leech off of everyone else's work.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

I can add a simple checker of which version of SWBF2 is installed: GOG, Steam, CD or DVD. If user will try to install new patch on CD or DVD version, installer will extract unmodified version of the unofficial patch. This will make installer more universal. Nobody is against?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Spiret wrote:I can add a simple checker of which version of SWBF2 is installed: GOG, Steam, CD or DVD. If user will try to install new patch on CD or DVD version, installer will extract unmodified version of the unofficial patch. This will make installer more universal. Nobody is against?
I really hope for a zip package when it is all ready. :wink:
Zurul

Post by Zurul »

Thats cool! Thank you!
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

Updated installer. Now it is compatible with all game's versions.

.zip archive personally for AnthonyBF2 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/0a4ywiz0n ... h-r129.zip
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

@Mav
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Maveritchell"]

I'm holding out hope that Steam opens up some workshop support subsequent to their multiplayer. The only thing that's kept me from going back and making sure old glitches (including packaging with older versions of 1.3) were patched out is a desire not to fragment things, and workshop just forces live patches to all users.

Plus, there'd be the advantage of not letting scumbags like the Ultimate Pack guys leech off of everyone else's work.[/quote]

It might go a little bit off topic, but have you considered updating some cosmetics if you ever release a patch. Keep the gameplay, effects, but change the models to more recent ones released? Gistech, AQT , rogueknight, sereja and deviss among others have released much higher quality models for weapons and units over the past few years, maybe taking advantage of those visual upgrades would be something to keep in mind?
Thank you so much for updating the installer spiret. Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore? Im assuming that's because of something on disneys updated server hosting
Last edited by TWINKEYRUNAWAY on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore?
I think this is because of changed ifs_mp_sessionlist script.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Spiret wrote:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore?
I think this is because of changed ifs_mp_sessionlist script.
It is the script missionlist.lua. This needs to be modified to to display the campaigns as the 1.3 did. It's pretty easy to do but if you can't then let me know and I can do it.
Spiret
Private

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG·Steam·Retail

Post by Spiret »

I understand you, yes, it is pretty easy, just need to change mp_missionselect_listbox_contents. I will do this after GOG will release next update.