UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r130 for GOG·Steam·Retail

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Ronhar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG·Steam·Retail

Post by Ronhar »

Hello, I just installed the mod and it works with MP no problem. I'd like to have your permission to use the link and post as a guide on steam for others to use 1.3 mods with multiplayer. Many thanks for the update 1.3 :D
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Spiret wrote:I understand you, yes, it is pretty easy, just need to change mp_missionselect_listbox_contents. I will do this after GOG will release next update.
Would you be willing to include a few things I made in the past that slightly improves v1.3? They should not interfere with GOG or v1.3 functionality.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

I think I will add 'Exit to Windows' in multiplayer and extended instant action options.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

@Spiret: You didn't create this patch by compiling any of the actual scripts, right? It was done through splicing LVL chunks together and whatnot with hex editing?
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

Yes.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Spiret wrote:I think I will add 'Exit to Windows' in multiplayer and extended instant action options.
This was it. I can send you my Lua files when you're ready.
DeerTrap
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 2005

Post by DeerTrap »

Soooo...This is clearly the "lite" version. Can I install the full version (117) and use this to update it to work with MP?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

@DeerTrap: If you want the side changes you should install the Unofficial v1.2 patch first and then v1.3. r117 is outdated, don't use it.

I would highly prefer it if you didn't call this the UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129. That already existed. At the very least increase the revision number to r130. Not doing so is just going to confuse a ton of people. I haven't tested this nor do I know what exactly was included/excluded, so I can't say if all of the obscure features still work or not.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:@DeerTrap: If you want the side changes you should install the Unofficial v1.2 patch first and then v1.3. r117 is outdated, don't use it.

I would highly prefer it if you didn't call this the UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r129. That already existed. At the very least increase the revision number to r130. Not doing so is just going to confuse a ton of people. I haven't tested this nor do I know what exactly was included/excluded, so I can't say if all of the obscure features still work or not.
Welcome back dark lord of the v1.3! :bowdown:
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

I didn't change the revision number because for Retail users nothing chaged. This version only adds compatible with new mutiplayer, no new features. And this version replaces some scripts which already changed in v1.3 patch: ifs_mp_sessionlist and ifs_mp_lobby. So, it is not a new revision, it is just r129 with multiplayer compatible. If I will name revision r130, people will prefer it to r129, because the revision number is higher. I checked comments on Reddit/Moddb and found that some users think that if they will install this patch on a Retail copy, they will have new multiplayer. That's why I saved the revision number. It is a good old v1.3 patch r129. If user will install it on a Retail copy, installer will extract unmodified version of the unofficial patch. It user will install it on Steam or GOG, installer will extract r129 with changes for multiplayer compatible.

But if you insist, I'll change the revision number to r130 after the next GOG update.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The problem is if you tell people to install r129 some will download it from the wrong location and then complain when they lose networking. Changing it to r130 fixes that even if it causes retail users to unnecessarily re-install. The less chances for fragmentation and confusion the better.

I haven't run your installer. Does it automatically detect the game version or is it asking the user? Personally I think I would have added the networking support as an installation option like those other options, but you created it so it's up to you how to do it. Feel free to update the readme and changelog with your changes if you haven't already done so.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I agree with Zerted. Go ahead and up the version number to 130. It's common practice to do so with a fix, even if it doesn't even apply to all versions/platforms/whatever.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

I thought that I have no permissions to change the revision number because I am not the original author of the 1.3 patch. But if you allow, I'll change the revision number to r130 after the next GOG update.
DETOMINE
Games I'm Playing :: BF2C

Re: Unofficial v1.3 Patch r129 for GOG and Steam

Post by DETOMINE »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Thank you so much for updating the installer spiret. Has anyone else noticed that with the patch included in the new download, you cant host campaign missions online anymore? Im assuming that's because of something on disneys updated server hosting
Sorry to ask, but it seems this issue is not resolved.
I wanted to play the campaign in co-op with a friend, any news on this? Will it be possible after the fix?
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Its becuase the gog update has not come out yet. Though if this patch is going to be called r130, maybe just inlcuded that fix and just upfate to r131 when the time comes.
Sammael1210

Post by Sammael1210 »

Hi there,

Nothing is working correctly for me it's like a bunch of crap on the top of a bunch of crap >< i'm unhappy because i have done everything they said to install the mod but it's still not freaking working and i'm starting to lose my nerves so i came here in hope of help :)

Here's the problem: I've installed the ConPackInstaller (2.0) i hate moving files to other folders cuz i'm failing most of the time so i ran the auto-install thingy and then i launched the game it starts normally but i can't freaking see the new "25maps" and new eras and so on i can only see they are installed when i click on "selectall" i see there is a KOTOR era a +123CloneWars and another one but there is no maps to play those i only have the vanilla maps so can't ffreaking play the mod !! it's like having a new car without the keys that's fu... freaking stupid ><

At some point it says "to be sure everything works fine check if you see Patch1v1 and Patch21v1 or something like that well i don't have any of em so yeah !! freak yeah !! awsome !! no seriously i'm gonna break my computer again cuz i hate when things are not as simple as they were ment to be >< i tried so many things and i moved every freaking folders and files into every freaking folders and files imaginable... now it's a freaking mess and i'm sure even BillGates would have a HeartAttack or something.

I have Teamviewer and i would like someone to install this mod correctly for me cuz i can't touch it anymore or it will be the end of my laptop...

PS: I'm not saying those who made the mod sucks even if i've said it just to justify my mediocrity but i didn't mean it. it's just cuz i'm human and human tends to accuse someone else when they suck >< I'm sure it's a very good mod if ONLY I COULD PLAY IT YOU F.... you got it right ? ;)

Thanks for those who would help me and f.o for those who don't have humor.
DETOMINE
Games I'm Playing :: BF2C

Post by DETOMINE »

Hi,
I personally did this :
-install the latest patch from this thread (start the game, verify the multiplayer works)
-install the conversion mod 2.0
-install the conversion mod 2.2
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bat ... /downloads
-reinstall the latest patch from this thread

When you install the patch and the mods, be very careful of the folder you install them. You have to manually select the folder of your game (the installers will automatically add a subfolder for the mods)

EDIT
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Its becuase the gog update has not come out yet. Though if this patch is going to be called r130, maybe just inlcuded that fix and just upfate to r131 when the time comes.
Thanks for the answer.
Are we still expecting a patch at this point?
bossrussian72
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo guards variety
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: Spartanghost727

Post by bossrussian72 »

Thank you so much m8
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Bump.

The game has been updated again. This reply is intended to alert all users to check their Steam & GOG updates and for the OP to examine the files again and setup another fixed 1.3 patch.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

Game files have not been updated, only executable and Galaxy DLLs. You can install patch and use it without problems. Soon I will update the installer with new revision number and features that people asked here.